United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Coracao

Default Re: bad news on the injury front

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
These days I hate him more because whenever we could actually do with him being available, he's £#%&!ing injured, yet when he's the last thing we need, there he is, climbing off the bench
Yep. He was the last thing we needed when we were losing at Bolton.

Unread 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I actually didn't hate him at any point in his career.

Thought he came across as having his head screwed on after his rapid shot to the top and after all the publiicity he got after France 98 as well.

Struck me as an honest pro who just got his head down and got on with it tbh.

Don't think he's really required due to his injuries, if he was fit though I always see him as a good opion to have on the bench.
This.

Unread 03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
red in cumbria

I tolerated him, just about, until that poxy testimonial.........

His remarks afterwards were completely and utterly out of order, though

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:11 PM
borsuk

i wish he'd just £#%&! off tbh

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Yep. He was the last thing we needed when we were losing at Bolton.
He has been the last thing we needed, coming off the bench to ruin our flow and attacking impetus more often than he has been useful.

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I tolerated him, just about, until that poxy testimonial.........

His remarks afterwards were completely and utterly out of order, though
didn't he just say they were one of the biggest clubs in the world?

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He has been the last thing we needed, coming off the bench to ruin our flow and attacking impetus more often than he has been useful.
Last time he came off the bench, he came on and scored an equaliser. It may well be the point that wins us the league.

Keep talking shite though.

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Last time he came off the bench, he came on and scored an equaliser. It may well be the point that wins us the league.

Keep talking shite though.
The 3 or 4 times prior to that he came on and failed to have a meaningful kick of the ball

You continue with your shite.

Unread 03-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
The 3 or 4 times prior to that he came on and failed to have a meaningful kick of the ball

Point out these 4 times previously, tell us how many times he touched the ball, how many shots on goal he had, and what the score was in each game, and how many minutes he got.

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:03 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Point out these 4 times previously, tell us how many times he touched the ball, how many shots on goal he had, and what the score was in each game, and how many minutes he got.
no need. we already know.

owen. in ten years time we will look back on his signing with great embarrassment. the one signing I thought we would never be capable of making (made andy goram and alan smith look like united naturals) and yet not only did we do it, but some people applauded. dark days.

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

owen. in ten years time we will look back on his signing with great embarrassment. the one signing I thought we would never be capable of making (made andy goram and alan smith look like united naturals) and yet not only did we do it, but some people applauded. dark days.
Only Blanc is comparable in the SAF era, really.

A mad punt that a past it player might somehow recapture their former glories, failing totally in both cases.

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:11 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Only Blanc is comparable in the SAF era, really.

A mad punt that a past it player might somehow recapture their former glories, failing totally in both cases.
agree to an extent but the owen signing goes much deeper. blanc was an all round good egg who I held no animosity towards. owen on the other hand...

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:20 PM
jcthered

Quote:
agree to an extent but the owen signing goes much deeper. blanc was an all round good egg who I held no animosity towards. owen on the other hand...
I agree, Blanc and Owen were past it when they signed for us, but at least Blanc didn't have the Liverpool tainted baggage Blanc did.

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:

im sorry but thats complete %@#$&!s.

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
I don't hate him any more. I just don't like him. I don't like Rooney either.

When I was a kid I loved every United player.

Even Mike Phelan?

Unread 03-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:

In his last 243 minutes in a United shirt, he has scored 4 goals.

He's the last thing we need coming off the bench though, despite the fact that the last time he came off the bench, he actually scored a vital goal.

During his time at United he has played a total of 354 minutes as a sub. Most of these have been appearances less than 15 minutes. He's scored 4 goals. Which equates to a goal every 88.5 minutes.

You can slag him off and call him a scouse @#%&! all you like. Criticise him for being an injury prone @#%&! etc etc. But to question his ability to change games and claim he is the last thing we need coming off the bench, just makes you look like an idiot.

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
In his last 243 minutes in a United shirt, he has scored 4 goals.

He's the last thing we need coming off the bench though, despite the fact that the last time he came off the bench, he actually scored a vital goal.

During his time at United he has played a total of 354 minutes as a sub. Most of these have been appearances less than 15 minutes. He's scored 4 goals. Which equates to a goal every 88.5 minutes.

You can slag him off and call him a scouse @#%&! all you like. Criticise him for being an injury prone @#%&! etc etc. But to question his ability to change games and claim he is the last thing we need coming off the bench, just makes you look like an idiot.

I care not for your facts, figures and statistics. That @#%&! should not have been allowed anywhere near our shirt.

That he has been, is one indicator of how things have drifted at United in recent years. Why that is the case, well...

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
I care not for your facts, figures and statistics. That @#%&! should not have been allowed anywhere near our shirt.
That is another point entirely, as i've said.

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:22 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
im sorry but thats complete %@#$&!s.
to you, it probably is.

least of my concerns though.

Unread 03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
dunk

I didn't say he was always the last thing we needed, but there are times when we definitely don't need him on the pitch. Especially when there are other players that could be getting a game. West Ham at OT this season sticks out, came on with 20+ minutes remaining in preference to Macheda and Hernandez IIRC, we were cruising and looking to score more until he came on, he didn't have a decent touch and we didnt concern the keeper again. And that is not an isolated incident.

Then, when we have no options available, the @#%&! is nowhere to be seen

His contribution is overrated as well, City at OT and Bolton away are his only important contributions from the bench that I can remember. I know he got the 5th at Wigan and maybe another 1 of a similar nature, but he isn't Ole or Cheech like from the bench by any means.
Closed Thread