United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:12 PM
borsuk

Default Re: Being unbeaten

we're not unbeaten. west ham dicked us 4-0.

being unbeaten is great, it's a great thing to be able to say. but once you get beat it kind of ends, like it did with the vincinbles.

'unbeaten in a certain competition' means £#%&! all tbph.

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Baron

After all the carping we did about Arsenal's side meaning £#%&! all it would be fickle in the extreme to laud the achievement now we are half way there.

As a supporter I reserve the right to be as fickle as £#%&!.

So I'm quite enjoying it, if only to unnerve Gooners who might sweat at the prospect of losing the only thing they have to hold on to.

Other than the Quadruple, it's about the only thing missing from Fergie's ticklist of stuff to do in the game.

I'd enjoy it far more if we didn't turn winning positions into draws and were 10 points clear.

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

It also means that when we are beaten in the league it's a crisis after one game.

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
It also means that when we are beaten in the league it's a crisis after one game.
Lets be fair, that's true anyway. Tbh, Sky treated the draw against Boimingham as a crisis as I imagine did this place.

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Lets be fair, that's true anyway. Tbh, Sky treated the draw against Boimingham as a crisis as I imagine did this place.
Yes. Sky are already calling us unbeatable. One defeat and hey presto, SAF's empire is crumbling. Psuedo Journalists who never kicked a ball on a football pitch have articles drafted and ready to print. Just. So. Predictable

Unread 05-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
So does your @#%&! smell of fish or chicken?

I, for one, am quite enjoying remaining unbeaten if only for the fact that the press and all the people I know and work with will be a nightmare if, and when, we eventually lose......DOOM!

Unread 05-01-2011, 02:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
After all the carping we did about Arsenal's side meaning £#%&! all it would be fickle in the extreme to laud the achievement now we are half way there.

As a supporter I reserve the right to be as fickle as £#%&!.

So I'm quite enjoying it, if only to unnerve Gooners who might sweat at the prospect of losing the only thing they have to hold on to.

Other than the Quadruple, it's about the only thing missing from Fergie's ticklist of stuff to do in the game.

I'd enjoy it far more if we didn't turn winning positions into draws and were 10 points clear.
Domestic Treble - still hate Villa for that game back in 1994

Also, of course, the one he will never get now - the UEFA Cup. TBH I wish that late Dynamo Kiev chance had gone in back in 2000/01; we might have had a fair shot at it then

It would almost certainly have been more interesting than our very dreary CL campaign that season, anyway

Unread 05-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Domestic Treble - still hate Villa for that game back in 1994

Also, of course, the one he will never get now - the UEFA Cup. TBH I wish that late Dynamo Kiev chance had gone in back in 2000/01; we might have had a fair shot at it then

It would almost certainly have been more interesting than our very dreary CL campaign that season, anyway
The UEFA cup is embarrasing. Rather we didn't bother. Imagine lauding it up that you're going to win the UEFA cup two seasons after the Treble

Unread 05-01-2011, 02:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
The UEFA cup is embarrasing. Rather we didn't bother. Imagine lauding it up that you're going to win the UEFA cup two seasons after the Treble
It was a £#%&!ing hard competition to win for most of its existence - just look at some of the past finals

Back in 2000/01 only the first two teams in the big leagues got into the CL (IIRC anyway) so it still had some decent sides.

Despite your derision, I bet SAF wishes he had won it

Unread 05-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
But the league was a lot stronger back then. If they had their 08/09 side now we would all be in their wake.
True, that side was legendary. A team of legendary legends led by a legendary manager.

Unread 05-01-2011, 02:55 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Thumbs up Re: Being unbeaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
True, that side was legendary. A team of legendary legends led by a legendary manager.
With a trophy haul to reflect it.

Unread 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Cream

it's not the united way.

death or glory pls.

Unread 05-01-2011, 03:14 PM
believe

are we unbeaten or not?
Closed Thread