Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Is he done?
No! Maturing like a fine wine. 12 19.05%
Oh yes. Only gonna get worse from here on. 51 80.95%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:50 AM
Tronics

watching it back it was a blatant foul, how VAR didn't pick it up I'll never know.

he's not past it yet imo but we def need a transition plan longterm.

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:55 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Time for Big Serg to stake a claim here...
Our Handling of Big Serg has been disgraceful btw.

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:59 AM
utd99

An opponents head being higher than your keepers fist on a corner theyre both going for is pathetic; the end.

Unread 28-01-2021, 01:05 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Getting older but not wiser.

Continues to display weakness at corners and brain fart moments.

Are we still comparing this lad to VDS?
I never under stood this comparision, I recall saying to my goon supporting mate when United signed him in 2011 that he would be a massive stepdown from VDS. I predicted that he would maybe last 2-3 season max at United and then United would hit the market for proper keeper, but nope United became hell bent of putting their eggs in the De Gea basket, and thus he has some how lasted ten seasons here probably costing United more than he has actually saved them, and you cannot help but feel everything United has won since he arrived has been in spite of him not because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Probably only kept as a link to a title winning mentality team for the new players. Too costly, take whatever Madrid will give

Henderson number 1 now
I don't think Madrid will want him now if they have watched him closely since they back tracked on signing him few years ago.

Unread 28-01-2021, 02:08 AM
jem

romero > henderson

Unread 28-01-2021, 02:20 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
romero > henderson
Henderson > De Gea?

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:17 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
Henderson > De Gea?
I'm going to say no.

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:37 AM
est.1878

Hard to get behind him ever since fax gate... Subconsciously at some level regrets being here... Only illuminates at times... Like Pogba handball rather than taking a hit to the face..

What about giving pope a chance ? Subject to extensive background checks and yewtree clearance etc..

Unread 28-01-2021, 10:55 AM
dunk

The original Kepa.

Unread 28-01-2021, 11:16 AM
originalhogg

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:12 PM
Stickman

I’d have bombed him at least 2 years ago. He is actually now a fairly shite keeper. And unpopular opinion but even at his best he was overrated.

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:28 PM
wiganste

He's not finished but he's certainly not maturing like a fine wine.

An absolute @#%&! of a goalkeeper - never, ever confident when a high ball goes in and his distribution is £#%&!. Fine shot stopper, command of his box is appalling

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:31 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

An absolute @#%&! of a goalkeeper - never, ever confident when a high ball goes in and his distribution is £#%&!. Fine shot stopper, command of his box is appalling
It's the same thing opposition teams were hitting him with seven or eight years ago. He's never improved

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:44 PM
browser

Quote:

This. Even a ball over the top that he's 70:30 favourite for I don't fancy him to come and clear. Time to go unfortunately

Unread 28-01-2021, 12:44 PM
jem

Quote:

has had 9 years to develop a physique like ste and start flattening people. still looks like a lollipop.

Unread 28-01-2021, 01:22 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Thing is I don’t think Henderson is up to much tbh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Henderson isn’t the man either, another overrated English keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
romero > henderson

I don't see it with him either, looks bang average.

Unread 28-01-2021, 02:07 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
That is spot on!

I've tried to hate him at times, but he just looks so piss-weak that I feel like a bully.

He was actually braver when he first arrived, and was getting clattered by Andy Carroll at Upton Park. He's got weaker and weaker at commanding his area with age.

Unread 28-01-2021, 02:14 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Hard to get behind him ever since fax gate... Subconsciously at some level regrets being here... Only illuminates at times... Like Pogba handball rather than taking a hit to the face..

What about giving pope a chance ? Subject to extensive background checks and yewtree clearance etc..
Exactly this.

‘Oh what’s that, Dave? You’d like me to take into account your 9 seasons of loyal service? Remember the good times, yeah? How about you Fax me your resume.’

Never forgive, never forget.

Unread 28-01-2021, 02:27 PM
est.1878

Doew anyone want a reminder of what his weekly wage is or are we still too sensitive from last night

Unread 28-01-2021, 04:06 PM
Vida_15

he's clearly coming close to not being good enough to be the #1 at United....Henderson should be getting more games to prove he's the clear cut choice or not

I was surprised that Ole played him knowing that Sheffield would be putting balls into the box and everyone knows that is his biggest weakness
Closed Thread