United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:35 PM
saffers

Default José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix

Most connected european journo around says Big Mou is a target and that he is interested. Do the same people who lamented us not picking him still feel the same? He has looked miserable at Chelsea.

No wonder, this is how he reacted when Moyes got the job a year ago:

Quote:
José Mourinho is said to have broken down in tears at the news that David Moyes had been given the Manchester United job. The allegation is contained in a book by the respected Spanish journalist Diego Torres, who writes for El País.

In the book, Prepare to Lose: the Mourinho Era, Torres says the appointment "provoked an earthquake" and that Mourinho felt let down by Sir Alex Ferguson, who had recommended Moyes to the United board.

"Mourinho ... thought that Ferguson was, besides his ally, also his friend and godfather. He was convinced that they were tied by a relationship of genuine trust. He thought that his fabulous collection of titles constituted an 'endorsement' unreachable to any other contenders. When he knew that Ferguson had chosen Moyes, the Everton coach, he was struck by a terrible disbelief. Moyes hadn't won absolutely anything!"

Torres said that Mourinho was on the phone constantly to his sports agency Gestifute. "Mourinho wouldn't stop calling them. His 'interlocutors' had heard him sob loudly and they were spreading the word. The most feared man in the company was crushed."

The book, whose account has been denied by Mourinho's adviser, goes on to describe the Portuguese spending a sleepless night in a hotel in Madrid, "the most unfortunate hours of Mourinho's phase as Real Madrid coach. He endured them between dozing and waking, glued to his mobile phone in search of clarifications, on the night of the 7th and the morning of the 8th of May, tucked into the Sheraton Mirasierra hotel." Moyes's appointment was made official on 9 May.

Mourinho, according to the book, was sure that Ferguson would call with an explanation but he heard nothing. He recalled reading comments from the United director Sir Bobby Charlton pouring scorn on the idea of him getting the job.

"He was tormented by the memory of an interview of Sir Bobby Charlton in the Guardian in December. His judgments gave him a big uncertainty. 'A United coach wouldn't do what he did to Tito Vilanova', stated Charlton, evoking the finger in the eye, when asked if he saw Mourinho as a successor for Ferguson. In regards to the admiration that Ferguson professed towards him, the veteran footballer implied that it was a fable: 'He doesn't like him that much'.

"In the morning he called Mendes so that he urgently got in touch with United. Until the end he wanted his agent to pressure the English club as an attempt to block any operation. It was an act of desperation. They both knew that Mendes had put Mourinho in the market a year earlier."

The book says that "Mendes had already been told in the autumn of 2012 that Ferguson's first option was Pep Guardiola. He had been explained the reasons. In Gestifute, the message from a United executive rumbled like a drum: 'The problem is that when things don't work for Mou, he doesn't do club politics. He does José politics.'"

Mourinho, the book says, "felt betrayed by Ferguson and feared that someone might stop taking him seriously. For years the propaganda machine acting at his services had divulged the idea of a friendship that now was revealed as a fantasy image. To give coherence to the facts in the public light, Gestifute's advisers recommended he should say that he already knew because Ferguson had called him to inform him.

"On the 9th of May someone from Gestifute got in touch with Record newspaper to say that Ferguson offered his crown to Mourinho four months ago but that he refused it because his wife preferred to live in London, and that was why he ended up choosing Chelsea. At the same time Mourinho offered an interview to Sky in which he declared that Ferguson kept him in the loop about his decisions but that he never made him the offer because he knew perfectly well that he wanted to coach Chelsea. The contradictions were not planned."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Sparky***

Juan Mata would be the unluckiest @#%&! in the world if this happened.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:38 PM
dodger

I would have been happy last season, and wouldn't be too upset now but I think the moment has probably past, for both parties.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:39 PM
ScarFace

Thumbs up

I would take im in a heart beat.

It will also piss that @#%&! charlton off.

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think he didn't fancy him due to having Oscar. He has no one like that at united. Huge mistake as it turned out the brazilian went on holiday for 3 months about the same time Matoh got binned.

Say Mourinho does come then Mata would be working his arse off to prove him wrong. Only good for us.

elhombre

Quote:

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Jack Duckworth

very, very rawk-ish title...:shakehead:

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:41 PM
tatty

He'd be my first choice followed by Klopp then LvG.

He's won everywhere he's gone and most importantly would need no bedding in to the PL.

I'm no less bemused now than I was last summer when one of the most successful managers in recent times was overlooked for the job in favour of a bloke who had won nothing and played shit football.

I wouldn't mind so much if he'd turned us down but he was virtually pleading for the job.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:41 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
The Moyes Effect.

Title's a bit RAWKish.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:43 PM
VodkaAndCoke

It's a nice thought and he'd be brilliant for United but there's more chance of Moyes being reappointed.

suedeshoes

Thumbs up

We had a right @#%&! for 26 years. Another right @#%&! would do nicely.

denis lawless

i thought him blubbing was meant to have been bollox ?

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:46 PM
MJ Ramone

still my first choice nqat
Don't imagine it's remotely possible though

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Everything's possible if you're prepared to pay for it.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Grimson

Saffers knew what he was doing with the title nqat. Just a little RAWK mockery.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I told you that in confidence jack :shakehead:
i was disappointed with your tip, tbh.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Sparky***

Great documentary this if you've got a spare 45mins.

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:51 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Love Big Mou, nqat. Was devastated he didn't get the gig last summer. Would still love him here and think he's the closest there is to a sure thing. But after this horror show of a season I no longer want to settle for 'evolution', the club needs a full on revolution imo.

The amount of bollcoks written about the 'United Way' this season has sickened me. The only thing the club is renowned for, what made it the greatest and most famous name in the sport, is our football. Nobody seems to mention this, but it’s the only thing that actually counts. The commitment to exciting, aggressive and attacking football is what we’re about. That's all but gone in the last three or four years and it desperately needs to return. I don't want a trophy machine, I want some £#%&!ing glory.

Spoilt reds, we are here

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:52 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i was disappointed with your tip, tbh.

What did you do with the cadaver in the end?

Unread 22-04-2014, 03:52 PM
dunk

Madrid made Chelsea pay about £20m for him didn't they Can't see Chelsea letting him go.
Closed Thread