United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2014, 08:55 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
He hasn't got a hair on his £#%&!ing body!
Where was his last holiday, Chernobyl?
hark at carlos valderrama, here.

Unread 28-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre

Unread 28-04-2014, 09:54 PM
red @rmy

Quote:

Unread 28-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 28-04-2014, 10:10 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
How did the COS work out again, Keith?
Tbf Draggers was behind it all pal. I was merely the public face whilst draggers chirpsed fluff and shopped for white vests. No doubt I gave it an air of authority but like all good politicians, I dropped it like a very hot piece of shit when it became clear that moyes was as indeed as shit as many had warned.

Unread 28-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Lindegaard on Giggs:

"His latest speech, before the team went onto the pitch for the Norwich game, made my hairs stand on end in a way that I have only ever experienced from Sir Alex Ferguson"

Even useless backup keepers sticking the boot into Moyes, great2c
So many hangers on are desperate to railroad Giggs into the job. Like anyone who's ever heard Ryan Giggs speak would believe him capable of giving such a speech.

Unread 29-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
So many hangers on are desperate to railroad Giggs into the job. Like anyone who's ever heard Ryan Giggs speak would believe him capable of giving such a speech.
How someone speaks in front of the TV cameras has little relation to how he might speak inside a dressing room.

Unread 29-04-2014, 12:23 AM
boreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I like to imagine he's finding out that the pube sandwich DNA was from Giggs during this call.

Unread 29-04-2014, 12:59 AM
Ashley's Grime

It's the paparrazi I feel sorry for. Looking at that ugly @#%&! through a telephoto lens.

Unread 29-04-2014, 01:24 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

can't get them shuttle runs out of his system

"let's go again Robin"

Unread 29-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How someone speaks in front of the TV cameras has little relation to how he might speak inside a dressing room.
Yes, I'm sure he's truly inspirational.

It's pr guff designed to get him the job.

Unread 29-04-2014, 01:40 AM
Der Kaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
True, but that doesn't fit the agenda that Giggs is nowhere near capable of the job. He may have spent the last 20 odd years playing football at the very top of both English and European football, and sure, he was managed by one of the greatest leaders, and man managers of all time, but that doesn't mean he knows what to say to inspire a group of players to perform.

Unread 29-04-2014, 01:46 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
True, but that doesn't fit the agenda that Giggs is nowhere near capable of the job. He may have spent the last 20 odd years playing football at the very top of both English and European football, and sure, he was managed by one of the greatest leaders, and man managers of all time, but that doesn't mean he knows what to say to inspire a group of players to perform.
Makes you wonder what went wrong with robson, Keane, mcclaren, Kidd etc. fergie should have produced loads of great managers by that logic.

Even using your logic, you have van gaal who the likes of guardiola and mourinho worked under. Where's the equivalent with fergie? 26 years plus his Aberdeen years and nothing. Or maybe it's MacLeish, or McGee? I'm sure Giggs will be the exception, but I guess it's mainly because he's in the right place at the right time and hasn't had to prove himself in management like all the other future great united managers had to, like robson and Keane. How they must wish they'd have stayed on as squad players until fergie retired.

Unread 29-04-2014, 03:12 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
That's just one aspect of the job, to be fair. Inspiring the 11 picked to play shouldn't be difficult.

He said he 'didn't sleep' the night before the game, all because of having to leave Mata and a couple others out of a meaningless game.

He's not ready.

Unread 29-04-2014, 04:00 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That's just one aspect of the job, to be fair. Inspiring the 11 picked to play shouldn't be difficult.

He said he 'didn't sleep' the night before the game, all because of having to leave Mata and a couple others out of a meaningless game.

He's not ready.
You not thrown your hat into the ring? Could consult fred for advice before the match, you're more qualified than "wee" Jimmy Lumsden from waht I can gather anyway. United's first foriegn manager to be a yankee ex pro keeper, would shake things up a bit, nqat

Unread 29-04-2014, 04:25 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed
You not thrown your hat into the ring? Could consult fred for advice before the match, you're more qualified than "wee" Jimmy Lumsden from waht I can gather anyway. United's first foriegn manager to be a yankee ex pro keeper, would shake things up a bit, nqat
World's shortest tenure.

"Hi lads, just wanted to introduce my--what's that? Oh, I've been sacked. It's been an honour working with you."

Unread 29-04-2014, 04:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

He's not ready.
The lack of sleep may just have been excitement before his managerial debut, tbf. But you are absolutely right, nonetheless.

Unread 29-04-2014, 04:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The lack of sleep may just have been excitement before his managerial debut, tbf. But you are absolutely right, nonetheless.
Nah he specifically referenced it in answer to being asked how hard was it to pick a team. Obviously overstating it for effect but it's clear what he meant.
Closed Thread