United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2009, 06:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Default Anderson.

I am a big fan of Anderson, but is it me, does he seem to be coasting? He really isn't doing much, is he? Same for Nani.

Both need a kick up the arse imo. A spell in the reserves would do them no harm.

Unread 17-01-2009, 06:56 PM
marlo

agreed.

i might even be tempted to put them on loan to league 2 sides.

Unread 17-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
agreed.

i might even be tempted to put them on loan to league 2 sides.
very Antonin like reaction there Marls

History

Apparently he spat his dummy out when subbed, Albert tried to give him a coat, he rejected it in a mood, so albert(i think) threw it at him

The Return of JC

I don't think it's any coincidence that Tevez, Nani and Anderson are getting more stick this season after playing less games than last season and getting no continuity.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:00 PM
wonky no

teams know more about anderson than they did last season. he needs to adapt.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Rossi the Red

I think he's changed his game too much for this league.

He used to be a skillful, almost winger type player for porto. Now he's a combative midfielder who protects the back 4.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:05 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I am a big fan of Anderson, but is it me, does he seem to be coasting? He really isn't doing much, is he? Same for Nani.

Both need a kick up the arse imo. A spell in the reserves would do them no harm.
Agree with that.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Crumps

Default Few half baked theories and opinions from Crumps' mind

Good player but as he's young he's a bit inconsistent and not in great form at the moment. We aren't playing too well in an attacking sense at the moment and recent games have been quite tense and tight hard fought affairs so no one is really shining in the middle when it comes to being on the ball.

He said in an interview recently that he still hasn't really regained his confidence after his leg break which will effect him mentally and restrict him from playing his natural game if things looks to be getting a little physical. May take him getting really clattered and then getting up and getting on with it to get that out of his head.

Seems to play well when the whole team is and that was evident last season too imo.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:17 PM
jem

Default nani isn't coasting

he's just a dope who needs to be sat down by a good coach.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:19 PM
borsuk

he was very progressive in his choice of pass today, always looking for the attacking ball, which was good to see. on the other hand his distribution was absolutely awful and i wasn't impressed with his reaction to what i assume were comments from his teammates. didn't seem to react badly when he came off, fergie gave him a pat on the back. probably just pissed off at not playing as well as he'd like, tbh.

i thought fletcher was very good today. worked very hard, had a very solid game and gave us some good movement up front. the problem, for me, is that he is not the player who should be trying to make things happen up front. fletcher is a good box to box man and ideally should be playing as the deepest m/fder against a team like bolton. with him, carrick and anderson today we had three players all trying to play similar games. we're really lacking a lampard or a cahill type player atm.

i thought nani had his best game for a while today.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:20 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Good player but as he's young he's a bit inconsistent and not in great form at the moment. We aren't playing too well in an attacking sense at the moment and recent games have been quite tense and tight hard fought affairs so no one is really shining in the middle when it comes to being on the ball.

He said in an interview recently that he still hasn't really regained his confidence after his leg break which will effect him mentally and restrict him from playing his natural game if things looks to be getting a little physical. May take him getting really clattered and then getting up and getting on with it to get that out of his head.

Seems to play well when the whole team is and that was evident last season too imo.
Like I said, I'm a big fan of Anderson, he has the makings of a top class midfielder, but he just seems to be coasting, I suppose you could say it's a problem in mondern day football in general, young players thinking they have 'made it' after a few good games. He has the ability to influence games but he just seems happy to coast through games.

It looks like Fergie is seriously interested in Palacios, with Hargreaves out and Anderson not doing much you can see why. Nani is very frustrating, Anderson isn't really that frustrating, just dissapointing.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:21 PM
dunk

A bit of 2nd season syndrome, they'll be fine next season.

Anderson was a bit better today, I thought, is struggling with his role slightly but that is a result of arriving as an attacking player and being utilised as a different type of midfielder, still getting his head around it a bit, I think. He'll get there though.

Nani is struggling to live up to what he did last season, and is trying too hard, which has had a serious impact on his performances and other players are performing better in his position. Again, he will get there and will improve as time progresses.

There is also a lot to be said for the hangover from the success of last season, more experienced players than them have struggled the season after such success.

I'm not worried, neither are worthy of 1st team status, both have time and ability on their side.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Tronics

lol @ this thread.

lets get bullard in innit.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:23 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
lol @ this thread.

lets get bullard in innit.
nope.

who was that tidy midfielder for bolton today??

get him in asap.

and the one from wigan.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
nope.

get him in asap.

and the one from wigan.
Your nose is proper out of joint today

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:25 PM
taff

pack 'em off to antwerp and get delap in on loan

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
I think he's changed his game too much for this league.

He used to be a skillful, almost winger type player for porto. Now he's a combative midfielder who protects the back 4.
I have said before that he does not seem to know what his role is from game to game.

In the last 2/3 years our central midfielders have tended to play a very disciplined, even constricted game, backing up the attack, maintaining possession, but rarely breaking forward and holding shape. Anderson has tried to do this, at times successfully, but it does not really suit his style, he needs more freedom and attacking license. His best performances have tended to come in a 3, Arsenal in the Cup for example, when he had more freedom to carry the ball and express himself.

At his age it is very unusual for a CM player to be fully developed. I said lasy week that he should look to style himself on the way Giggs played against Chelsea, surging runs through the middle, drawing defenders to him then releasing the ball too the space, it would be more natural than the probing passer that he is trying to be.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:29 PM
S/Side.Red

That was Anderson’s first start in the league for over two months, according to the commentator on today’s game. Fergie is clearly happy to be patient and not demand too much from him at this stage, which is fine, but you can’t expect his fitness, confidence and rhythm to be what it should if he never starts to two games on the trot. His time will come.

Unread 17-01-2009, 07:29 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
nope.

get him in asap.

and the one from wigan.
Tbh I've been thinking this about Anderson for a while, like I have said twice I am a big fan but he just seems happy to coast through games.

If the reported interested in Palacios is true, you have to wonder why? I am not saying he is playing very badly, but some people, including me and yourself were building him up, he really hasn't lived upto it at all this season. One thing that does piss me off is Fergie changing the team constantly, can't be good for players like Anderson.
Closed Thread