United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 18-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Child of Darkness

Default Re: Worried about the debt at United ? What are YOU going to do about it?

those that still have ST's should do this next home game -

I'm starting a seperate thread

Unread 18-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Worried about the debt at United ? What are YOU going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Man United fans shouldn't and I believe won't stand for that kind of censorship. For every banner removed, another 100 should be put up in a Mancunian 'I'm Spartacus' moment. If they instruct stewards to remove the banner holders, all should walk out en masse. In such moments unity is essential. Stand together and you will not be defeated. The same thing goes for Liverpool.
That's the problem. Someone yesterday (apologies, my memory's shit) on here described how the stewards chucked people out just for singing anti-Glazer songs. The reaction by the surrounding people? Absolutely £#%&!ing piss all. If they're not moved to walk out after that, they'll never be moved and the club will go down the shit pipes.

Unread 18-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I thought it was Giant Haystacks. BTW haystacks aren't hard. No wonder Big Daddy could beat him 'easy'.
I reckon those wrestling matches were fixed. Mind you I've no proof.

Unread 18-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

People have been getting thrown out of OT for saying "£#%&!" for about 15 years if their faces didn't fit.

Anybody that threatens or at least challenges the capitalist status quo that is the PL and United in particular inside OT is obviously risking being asked to leave in case they disturb the rest of the audience.

I'm all for the spartacus moment btw. Not too bothered what the cause is either, though this is as good as any

I'd count myself in as part of the thinking part of the forum tbh obvious. Today I have mostly been thinking What would we want the regime to be changed to? Surely it's no use all wanting the same thing in the out-tray if there isn't a clear and united message about what we want coming in? I mean, are people honestly asking intelligent people to join together and say We don't give a £#%&! who takes over as long as the current owners are gone?

Unread 18-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
People have been getting thrown out of OT for saying "£#%&!" for about 15 years if their faces didn't fit.

Anybody that threatens or at least challenges the capitalist status quo that is the PL and United in particular inside OT is obviously risking being asked to leave in case they disturb the rest of the audience.

I'm all for the spartacus moment btw. Not too bothered what the cause is either, though this is as good as any

I'd count myself in as part of the thinking part of the forum tbh obvious. Today I have mostly been thinking What would we want the regime to be changed to? Surely it's no use all wanting the same thing in the out-tray if there isn't a clear and united message about what we want coming in? I mean, are people honestly asking intelligent people to join together and say We don't give a £#%&! who takes over as long as the current owners are gone?
Oil Rich Sugar Daddy?

Unread 18-01-2010, 02:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Apparently what's happening to us with the Gimps is good for English football.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art....html?ITO=1490
£#%&!ing hell, that article is utter %@#$&!s. So he is basically saying the biggest club in England struggling financially, which may have big implications, is good for English football. Is this the 'Best league in the world (tm))' "EPL" we're discussing? The same league that attendances are dropping in, and finally the bubble is starting to burst? Yep, great news you fat @#%&!. He won't be saying it in 3 years when English football is on it's arse and there are no fans there and he has £#%&! all to write about.

Unread 18-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:

This is a very good question.

I would suggest that the short-term goal is just to get United back in the black, to ensure the club isn't allowed to die. This is what I support. My long-term desires for football in general aren't the same as some people's, but if in the short-term what we all want is the debt removed and replaced by financial stability, I'm happy to join the protests.

Unread 18-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This is a very good question.

I would suggest that the short-term goal is just to get United back in the black, to ensure the club isn't allowed to die. This is what I support. My long-term desires for football in general aren't the same as some people's, but if in the short-term what we all want is the debt removed and replaced by financial stability, I'm happy to join the protests.
A desperate and hurried removal of the current owners could be disastrous though. I would like the Glazers to come out and make clear their intentions. They released a statement last year saying that they were in it for the long haul. Let's assume that they are steered through the current downturn with safe passage by the capitalist industry that helped them takeover in the first place and that success continues to come for the first team at United, which for all the current load of old %@#$&!s being bandied about, is far more likely than less likely. Let's assume that United continue dealing successfully in the transfer market, and bringing players through - there are plenty of excellent prospects on the books currently. And let's assume that somehow the transition from Ferguson to the next manager goes fairly smoothly. At that point, say 5 years, say 10, I'm making this stuff up ffs so pick your own timeframe, with the PIKs paid off and the balance sheet looking not too shabby, would they still be looking to stick around? Or is that when they'd like to sell?

It's a long paragraph I know. But basically they can't sell now unless someone is prepared to pick up the debt and either try and do the above (possibly without selling at the end), or try and do what many think the Glazers are trying to do and make a killing. They aren't using their own money, and they appear to be milking the cash cow successfully enough (along with their fellow spivs who've lent them the cash) so do they want to sell? And if so, when?

In summary then, what does "in it for the long haul" mean?

Unread 18-01-2010, 03:29 PM
redmike

That Samuel Article. ..

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Child of Darkness

There are very few billioniares in salford .

therefore the only chance of a rich bloke buying OT will be either arab , chinese or Russian.

I don't want another foreign billionaire owning OT we will always be at his mercy just like we were when the meat family owned us .

The fans have the power - mobilise that and you can have everything you want.
It should be owned by the members . One member one vote as per barca.

That brothers is the ONLY way to protect the club Long term.

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:46 PM
believe

Quote:
This is probably the most clued up section of UTD support on the web - if you lot wont do it - there is absolutely no hope for the rest of the fans.
are you £#%&!ing kidding me?

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

god I wish I was -

children on redish

nobs red cafe/yahoo 365 etc etc

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:50 PM
believe

Quote:
god I wish I was -

children on redish

nobs red cafe/yahoo 365 etc etc
ah right compared to them i agree

Unread 18-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 18-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
There are very few billioniares in salford .

therefore the only chance of a rich bloke buying OT will be either arab , chinese or Russian.

I don't want another foreign billionaire owning OT we will always be at his mercy just like we were when the meat family owned us .

The fans have the power - mobilise that and you can have everything you want.
It should be owned by the members . One member one vote as per barca.

That brothers is the ONLY way to protect the club Long term.
£#%&! off

yeah cus Joan Laporta isn't a power-hungry and paranoid catalan separatist, who, at the same time, fancies a seat on the spanish government and whose relative(s) have admitted nationalist, and even - gasp - Franco sympathies. and Barcelona has absolutely no mafia connections whatsoever.

this is the thing with this ownership lark. people want the current owners out for various reasons all amounting to the same thing - they are outsiders who don't have united's best interests at heart. the best that can be hoped for is that new investment would cover the debt and continue trying to run a successful first team. but the supporters can't choose where that might come from or who might be behind it, even in the unlikely event that there was actually ever that choice in the past. and just supposing someone came in and refloated under conditions that allowed the value of, say, £1bn at the moment, to be owned by supporters and/or supporter's groups then one member one vote wouldn't necessarily be acceptible anyway, since there would be people all over the world with shares. how would this possibly help protect united's identity? i mean, we already know that there are millions of people all over the world who claim allegiance yet haven't been to OT for decades, if at all, yet who consider themselves to have a voice in this debate. do we really want these people having a vote on the day-to-day running of the club? answers on a postcard. or type them below. please. if you would.

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
£#%&! off

yeah cus Joan Laporta isn't a power-hungry and paranoid catalan separatist, who, at the same time, fancies a seat on the spanish government and whose relative(s) have admitted nationalist, and even - gasp - Franco sympathies. and Barcelona has absolutely no mafia connections whatsoever.

this is the thing with this ownership lark. people want the current owners out for various reasons all amounting to the same thing - they are outsiders who don't have united's best interests at heart. the best that can be hoped for is that new investment would cover the debt and continue trying to run a successful first team. but the supporters can't choose where that might come from or who might be behind it, even in the unlikely event that there was actually ever that choice in the past. and just supposing someone came in and refloated under conditions that allowed the value of, say, £1bn at the moment, to be owned by supporters and/or supporter's groups then one member one vote wouldn't necessarily be acceptible anyway, since there would be people all over the world with shares. how would this possibly help protect united's identity? i mean, we already know that there are millions of people all over the world who claim allegiance yet haven't been to OT for decades, if at all, yet who consider themselves to have a voice in this debate. do we really want these people having a vote on the day-to-day running of the club? answers on a postcard. or type them below. please. if you would.

you're right, a billionaire buy out is the best to hope for at the moment. but that's a £#%&!load better than what we have.

I think the point is, there could be huge long term damage done if the glazers are allowed to carry on running the club. They've taken one of the most profitable sports 'franchises' in the world and turned it into a debt ridden organisation.

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
£#%&! off

Oh dear, look at her, someone said the 'B' word.

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:16 PM
koppas

Quote:
£#%&! off

Why woud Tony Soprano be skimming Barcelona? Bit of an odd thing to say. Surely they would want to be 'connected' to Juventus or one of the Meelan clubs?

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
you're right, a billionaire buy out is the best to hope for at the moment. but that's a £#%&!load better than what we have.

I think the point is, there could be huge long term damage done if the glazers are allowed to carry on running the club. They've taken one of the most profitable sports 'franchises' in the world and turned it into a debt ridden organisation.
maybe true, maybe not. we don't actually know the terms of the as yet hypothetical buyout.

what if someone buys it and then refloats? what if the glazers themselves could be persuaded to refloat and sell that way? is any of this possible? is it preferable to a witch hunt? is it more likely to get 'us' to where we want to be?

Unread 18-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Why woud Tony Soprano be skimming Barcelona? Bit of an odd thing to say. Surely they would want to be 'connected' to Juventus or one of the Meelan clubs?
many a true word...