Were totally and utterly unlucky and you're quite upbeat 41 77.36%
Clattenburgs bent 19 35.85%
Managers fault and we're £#%&!ed 5 9.43%
Zlat can no longer command the number 10 spot 7 13.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2016, 11:20 PM
Old member

The movement of Zlatan is a joy to watch. The influence it is having on our attack minded players is perhaps the most positive thing I've seen happen to a United squad in years.
Our attempts on goal from outside the box has increased and it's good to see, regardless of the goal return. It would be frustrating if we didnt also create chances with imaginative touches in the opposition area but the truth is, we do and we're doing it well. We are also getting joy on the wings in the corners both with first time passes and taking on full backs 1on 1.

The interchange with mata, pogba, zlatan and rash has the potential to be as special as any attacking combination we've ever had. Pogba has come on leaps in no time and a rough diamond of a player like lingard could become a more mature player by being involved in that environment.

The biggest frustration for me is that it's obvious enough that carrick is the player to bring it all together. Today was the perfect opportunity to bring him on when Ander got sent off. He could have taken a defender off with the reassurances of having carrick to drop back if needed coupled with a vertual non existent threat from Burnley.

Instead Jose made a mess of the subs (in my opinion) and caused more harm than good. I just hope he doesn't let his stubbornness ruin the current potential we have going forward.

Unread 29-10-2016, 11:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old member
The movement of Zlatan is a joy to watch. The influence it is having on our attack minded players is perhaps the most positive thing I've seen happen to a United squad in years.
this started so well. I love sarcasm. it was only about half way through your post I realised you actually meant it.

the movement of zlatan.

the movement of zlatan.

the movement.

of zlatan.

Unread 30-10-2016, 06:48 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Angry

Bringing on Fellaini for Mata and leaving Carrick on the bench when we are bossing the game and have just gone down to ten men was the worst decision and moment of the match. That is some achievement Jose when a cluster£#%&! like Clattenburg is reffing the game.

The moment Jose made that baffling and absurd decision the match was gone for me. I was and still am fuming at that decision.... why? We needed to take that game by the scruff of the neck and keep the ball players on the pitch. Fellaini was on the pitch for less than a minute and immediately give away a ridiculous foul.

One other thing I noticed throughout the game was our corners. Not only was the delivery dreadful but we committed only three players centrally in the box and one short standing just inside the box. United had more players standing outside the box than in it. What the £#%&! is that all about? We had enough corners in that game to create a goal and did £#%&! all with them

Unread 30-10-2016, 09:28 AM
Alex Jones was Right

A little bit luck, a lot of poor quality. Overall, on the right path.

Unread 30-10-2016, 09:43 AM
taff

37 shots on goal is surely an improvement after a season where we frequently struggled to create one.

need to start taking the chances though; all these draws will £#%&! us in the long run. if it weren't for yesterday and the stoke game, we'd be fourth.

the attack seems greater than the sum of its parts at the moment.

Unread 30-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Child of Darkness

I'd play martial and rashers up Front with mata behind . Zlatan is not performing at present so I'd bench him

Unread 30-10-2016, 09:55 AM
ziggyman17

never thought we could win the league this season........ We are improving ...

Top Four and a cup at the end of the season, ship out some of more of the deadwood in the summer and with a top four finish, then it will be easier to buy the players we want....

Unread 30-10-2016, 10:24 AM
BobJones

The movement of zlatan

Superb wum....

Unread 30-10-2016, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Has to be said that Jose's sub decisions yesterday make even less sense in hindsight than they did at the time

Unread 30-10-2016, 05:52 PM
LeftWinger

The subs were appalling yesterday.

And I am not buying that Tom Heaton and the Stoke goalie rocked up and "produced world class displays." The finishing was utter shite from us.

We played well in those games, but, HELLO, it's kin Stoke and Burnley at home. And we got 2 points.
Pathetic.
The league table doesn't lie. We are mid table because we are average. A team that loses away to Watford and gets thumped at Chelsea.
Any title talk from us should be laughed at.
We will be lucky to finish above any of Liverpool, City,Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs.
That is the reality of where we are.
Can Mourinho fix it? Who knows. Probably not from some of the decisions he has taken do far.
Closed Thread