Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Szczesny is as good as Hart imo.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:06 PM
taff

Quote:
There's nothing special about Hart's distribution. His side volley looks pretty but it's just a long hopeful punt. He's nowhere near as accurate as De Gea or Reina. And I maintain he spills low shots - has done it quite a few times this season. He's a very good keeper, in the class of the best in the league. I wouldn't say there is a one keeper who has distanced himself as the very best. Reina, Cech, Hart, Friedel, Krul all have different strengths and weaknesses. Szczesny is as good as Hart imo.
i've always thought hart's concentration is pretty poor as well, almost as if he became complacent quite early on in his career and has been caught out by it on occasion. which i think is also a criticism you could level at szczesny too.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry the Berry

I'm not sure why (maybe the 8-2 where he was blameless), but few outside of Arsenal fans seem to realise how good he is. Fantastic shutting down 1-on-1's, very good shot stopper, willing to come for crosses. Just a bit mechanical with his kicking, much like Lindegaard, but otherwise an excellent young goalkeeper. 3 years younger than Hart, too.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:16 PM
rogieop

scesznyy is the best keeper in the league, followed by hart.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

hart is superb. people deluding themselves on here as per.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

He is an excellent keeper who has done well for that lot over there, but "superb" should be reserved for the likes of vdS

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:36 PM
rogieop

Quote:

theres not much between them both tbh, and they're both very young.

hart will be englands number one for a long time but i think sceszny is just slighlt ahead of him.

westwood off sunderland looks to be improving a lot too, he should be in for ireland ahead of that @#%&! given.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:

Hart is a very good keeper. My point is so are a handful of others.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Baron

Hart is a fine 'keeper, his distribution isn't too brilliant but he makes great saves & isn't especially Hollywood with it - makes sure it looks good but he's pretty functional. Doesn't do anything badly, he'd cost a fortune now if he were to be bought by the likes of Chelsea etc.

Speaking of which, Cech has been pretty good again for them, think he prefers to be a little busier than the has been for a while.

Wouldn't swap De Gea for any of them though, long term I think he's going to be truly outstanding.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:55 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
de gea will, along with neuer, be seen as the best keeper in the world after the world cup for at least 10 years
you can quote me on that

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Wouldn't swap De Gea for any of them though, long term I think he's going to be truly outstanding.
Looks like it. He has a very special and very rare skill set. Just needs games and a little time.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
PaulParkers

So, to clarify, Grimson thinks Hart is shit and Chesney is better than Zoff.

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Rhodzy

Reina is the best in the league imo. Also love De Gea, brilliant.

Unread 05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Hart is a very good keeper. My point is so are a handful of others.
I agree but he stands out for me currently. Just seems so solid. Love our two though

Unread 05-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Grimson

Quote:
I agree but he stands out for me currently. Just seems so solid. Love our two though
Our midfield two?

Unread 05-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Frayzee

Thumbs down

£#%&! off with this Hart love in you bunch of @#%&! bags.

Unread 05-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayzee
£#%&! off with this Hart love in you bunch of @#%&! bags.
hi sullers

Unread 07-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'd rather see entertaining football. We've huffed & puffed to our last 2 titles, dull football for the most part.

We're not gonna catch cITEH this season, we need to wake up to that fact so we should be going out to entertain at least instead of grinding out 1-0's. It's £#%&!ing toss to watch
Closed Thread