United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:46 AM
red in cumbria

Default In the light of all the doom on here, much of it justified......

..........is it perhaps worth pointing out that this is, in terms of points, our most successful Premiership start EVER??

Or so I saw somewhere last night, anyway

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
..........is it perhaps worth pointing out that this is, in terms of points, our most successful Premiership start EVER??

that's like attempting to jump the grand canyon, falling twenty feet short but the bloke on the other side telling you it's the furthest anyone has ever got...

Unread 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Ginners

Quote:

oh well in that case forget about the shit football, lack of midfield and being effectively 6 points behind city, gary neville says everything is ok.

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
oh well in that case forget about the shit football, lack of midfield and being effectively 6 points behind city, gary neville says everything is ok.
Have you read the title of this thread, you klutz??

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Fountz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
that's like attempting to jump the grand canyon, falling twenty feet short but the bloke on the other side telling you it's the furthest anyone has ever got...
Marvellous avatar el..

Love that bloke. The most chilled relaxing voice ever..

Errr, as I know nothing about football that's all I wanted to say..

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:30 PM
wiganste

I'd rather see entertaining football. We've huffed & puffed to our last 2 titles, dull football for the most part.

We're not gonna catch cITEH this season, we need to wake up to that fact so we should be going out to entertain at least instead of grinding out 1-0's. It's £#%&!ing toss to watch

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:33 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'd rather see entertaining football. We've huffed & puffed to our last 2 titles, dull football for the most part.

We're not gonna catch cITEH this season, we need to wake up to that fact so we should be going out to entertain at least instead of grinding out 1-0's. It's £#%&!ing toss to watch
A point of view that many will, quite rightly, sympathise with.....

(and of course, we generally played better football in 2009/10 than either of our last 2 title wins)

But maybe SAF is thinking if we can grind it out now, we might come good later - and ciddy could just slip up?? He has never been one to admit defeat, and I don't expect him to start now.

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Jethro

Quote:
A point of view that many will, quite rightly, sympathise with.....

(and of course, we generally played better football in 2009/10 than either of our last 2 title wins)

But maybe SAF is thinking if we can grind it out now, we might come good later - and ciddy could just slip up?? He has never been one to admit defeat, and I don't expect him to start now.
The only possible thing I can think of.

Unread 04-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
Have you read the title of this thread, you klutz??
will you stop kicking Ginners while he's down? will you??

There's enough quality in our side to stay in contention. Sadly, there's enough in City's side to piss it.

Unread 04-12-2011, 03:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
You're kidding yourself if vyou think that they will fall apart against either Chelsea or Arsenal, they have real strength in depth and very good players.

Maybe if they lost Joe hart then thay could struggle but that's about the only straw worth clutching.
Liverpool made them look fairly ordinary tbf, as of course did Bayern and Napoli......

Straw clutching?? Perhaps - but also proof that one freak result against us does not make them invincible

Unread 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM
bobbledinho

Hart is overrated. He's a good keeper but he's nothing out of the ordinary in the league.

Unread 04-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
You're kidding yourself if vyou think that they will fall apart against either Chelsea or Arsenal, they have real strength in depth and very good players.

Maybe if they lost Joe hart then thay could struggle but that's about the only straw worth clutching.
Possibly, although Pantilimon is a worthy understudy.

Kompany would be a bigger loss, as shown against QPR.

Quote:
Liverpool made them look fairly ordinary tbf, as of course did Bayern and Napoli......

Straw clutching?? Perhaps - but also proof that one freak result against us does not make them invincible
Liverpool made us look ordinary. Very ordinary. As did Norwich and Swansea.

You're clutching at more than straws, i'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Hart is overrated. He's a good keeper but he's nothing out of the ordinary in the league.
He is superb. Name anyone better in the league?

Unread 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM
rogieop

£#%&!ing hell, @#%&!s throwing the towel in and is only the start of december!

catch a grip ffs

Unread 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry the Berry

He is superb. Name anyone better in the league?
He's very good. I'd still take Reina over him, and Tim Krul is the most in-form keeper in the league this season. Hart has one little weakness - a tendency to spill low shots right back into the six-yard box. Does it every few games, sometimes concedes because of it, sometimes not.

Unread 04-12-2011, 04:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Liverpool made us look ordinary. Very ordinary. As did Norwich and Swansea
Nobody, least of all me, is denying that they are playing much better football than us AT THE MOMENT. And yes, it £#%&!ing hurts

But if we should all have learned at least one thing following United, it is that titles aren't handed out before Christmas.

Unread 04-12-2011, 10:23 PM
wonky no

i don't like the blatant squeaky bum reactions to the new city threat, personally. its like we're ready to get butt £#%&!ed at the mere thought of playing them. we've been battered by them before. nothing new. freak occurances, granted.

rest easy.

Unread 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He's very good. I'd still take Reina over him, and Tim Krul is the most in-form keeper in the league this season. Hart has one little weakness - a tendency to spill low shots right back into the six-yard box. Does it every few games, sometimes concedes because of it, sometimes not.

Reina is too suspect on crosses. Krul makes some unbelievable saves but isn't the best distributor.

Hart is the best in the league for me, by some distance too. Great presence, decision making and consistency for someone so young.

Unread 04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Reina is too suspect on crosses. Krul makes some unbelievable saves but isn't the best distributor.
There's nothing special about Hart's distribution. His side volley looks pretty but it's just a long hopeful punt. He's nowhere near as accurate as De Gea or Reina. And I maintain he spills low shots - has done it quite a few times this season. He's a very good keeper, in the class of the best in the league. I wouldn't say there is a one keeper who has distanced himself as the very best. Reina, Cech, Hart, Friedel, Krul all have different strengths and weaknesses. Szczesny is as good as Hart imo.

Unread 04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
There's nothing special about Hart's distribution. His side volley looks pretty but it's just a long hopeful punt. He's nowhere near as accurate as De Gea or Reina. And I maintain he spills low shots - has done it quite a few times this season. He's a very good keeper, in the class of the best in the league. I wouldn't say there is a one keeper who has distanced himself as the very best. Reina, Cech, Hart, Friedel, Krul all have different strengths and weaknesses. Szczesny is as good as Hart imo.
vorm has been impressive for swansea. a bit shay given maybe, but he's had some great games for them this season.

Unread 04-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
vorm has been impressive for swansea. a bit shay given maybe, but he's had some great games for them this season.
I know exactly what you mean by that. But yes, he's been very impressive. Asmir Begovic has had a bit of a shaky spell lately, but he's another high-quality keeper.
Closed Thread