United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i'm more concerned by the fact he appears to be wearing a sports bra tbh
I was really not sure what to say about that part that the image does not.

I have noticed a few teams wearing that type of thing in training shots, normally over another top. What is the purpose, other than to obscure the moobs of men like Carroll.

Unread 06-12-2011, 10:48 AM
HERTS_RED

Seems like an ideal time for this again

Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

The Toon MD’s disparaging verdict on England striker Carroll (below) came when he was giving a group of Newcastle fans an insight into the £35million deal that took the England striker to Liverpool in January.
Llambias insists that Newcastle got the better of the deal.

The Anfield club’s first bid was £30m and Llambias told the fans: “I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.”

When one supporter asked him “Is he worth £30m?” Llambias responded: “No — he’s worth f*** all.” He then explains that after rejecting the £30m offer, Newcastle refused to sell even for £35m unless Liverpool paid the entire fee up front.

A move that forced Liverpool to ask Chelsea to increase their first instalment of the £50m they had already agreed to pay for Fernando Torres!

Llambias explained: “It is about control.
“We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.

“We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

“£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed.

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the
£35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”

I'm sure I read on RAWK that he went to take a shot last night missed the ball and booted his other foot

Unread 06-12-2011, 10:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I was really not sure what to say about that part that the image does not.

I have noticed a few teams wearing that type of thing in training shots, normally over another top. What is the purpose, other than to obscure the moobs of men like Carroll.
It's something to do with heart rate monitors or something, I think. That or Posture.

Unread 06-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED

I'm sure I read on RAWK that he went to take a shot last night missed the ball and booted his other foot

Unread 06-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Now they know how we felt with Ronaldo, he wasn't as bad as Suarez even when everyone use to say he dived all the time in his first couple of years, he use to get crucified.

'Cheat nonsense' started by Fergie? Everybody can see what a disgusting cheating @#%&! Suarez is.

Again, now they know how we feel when we had Ronaldo, and these Scouse @#%&!s would have been the same as everyone else with Ronaldo.

There obsession with Fergie is laughable. They blame him for everything.

Blaming him for people thinking Suarez is a cheat.
The thing is aswell is that Ronnie used to go over easily when he was on the run and skinning people, a slight bit of contact on the shoulder etc and down he went. He never dived like Suarez who jumps in the air everytime the ball is played into his feet, screaming like a girl and holding his head/leg and waving for his mum.

Unread 06-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Never more apt:

Closed Thread