United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: *Official* Valencia v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Just turn over to Spurs, easy home win.

Not really in character today Ginners? You got a lot on your mind?
The loss to West Ham.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

tbh i've not seen valencia at all recently, but they'll be shitting little pellets of poo about facing united. big step up for them tonight in front of their own fans.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
tbh i've not seen valencia at all recently, but they'll be shitting little pellets of poo about facing united. big step up for them tonight in front of their own fans.
Unless they've watched us this season. Then they might reasonably think "They look a bit dodgy at the back, we can get at them"

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Unless they've watched us this season. Then they might reasonably think "They look a bit dodgy at the back, we can get at them"
maybe they'll just watch the vids of last season's ko games when United shipped 6 in 4 games - going on 16 in 4 games

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
maybe they'll just watch the vids of last season's ko games when United shipped 6 in 4 games - going on 16 in 4 games
They might, it'd be more sensible to watch this season though I'd suggest, in order to properly assess the current side. Then again maybe they'll watch the 3-2 win in Turin in 99 instead and be very worried about that lad Keane?

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:32 PM
borsuk

i suspect they'll look at us and see a side unbeaten in all competitions and second in the league, three points off the top.

tough game, we got one of the toughest possible teams in our group and we're playing them at a time when they are bang in form. we're still favourites, though, quite rightly.

shame banega is out, cracking player who i'd love to see at old trafford, shame fergie won't be seeing him tonight in a way.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i suspect they'll look at us and see a side unbeaten in all competitions and second in the league, three points off the top.

tough game, we got one of the toughest possible teams in our group and we're playing them at a time when they are bang in form. we're still favourites, though, quite rightly.

shame banega is out, cracking player who i'd love to see at old trafford, shame fergie won't be seeing him tonight in a way.
To win tonight? Bit surprised.

We'll need to defend better, as a team, than we have been. Think we can win if we play our best though.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:39 PM
borsuk

Quote:
To win tonight? Bit surprised.

We'll need to defend better, as a team, than we have been. Think we can win if we play our best though.
no idea what the bookies have because that reflects where money is going rather than likelihood of results. united's record in the champions league is extremely good, we very rarely get beat, simple as that.

agree on the defending. but we're likely (i hope) to play a midfield 3 and i think that will suit us much better than the 2 we've been using.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:41 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
no idea what the bookies have because that reflects where money is going rather than likelihood of results. united's record in the champions league is extremely good, we very rarely get beat, simple as that.
True, if we can get through the first 20 ok then I think we can do well. This is gonna be a tough game though, probbly the best team we've played this season no?

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

agree on the defending. but we're likely (i hope) to play a midfield 3 and i think that will suit us much better than the 2 we've been using.
I'd hope so, I'd probbly go with Anderson alongside Fletch and Carrick. Bit of a question mark against all 3 though, 2 fitness/form wise and Fletcher just though maybe being knackered. I might play Berb and shithouse up top with Nani in behind.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:
True, if we can get through the first 20 ok then I think we can do well. This is gonna be a tough game though, probbly the best team we've played this season no?
probably, though there is a suspicion that they've been overachieving. they lost villa and silva in the summer and were expected to struggle a bit. having said that they haven't actually played anybody particularly good this season, it's hard to say how they'll cope with the pressure of playing united.

edit

just checked: wins against gijon, santander and hercules, a home draw with atletico. decent win in the first group game but there's nothing really spectacular there.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
probably, though there is a suspicion that they've been overachieving. they lost villa and silva in the summer and were expected to struggle a bit. having said that they haven't actually played anybody particularly good this season, it's hard to say how they'll cope with the pressure of playing united.
We haven't played anyone good either and dropped 6 points, it'd be a very good point tonight anda brilliant win imo.

You seem to watch a bit of the Spanish stuff it seems, what are their strengths, how do they play? They don't havea big quick forward do they.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:52 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
You seem to watch a bit of the Spanish stuff it seems, what are their strengths, how do they play? They don't havea big quick forward do they.
They've got two very english style centre forwards who are good in the air and love to attack crosses into the box

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Ben

3-0

popborsky hat trick

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
They've got two very english style centre forwards who are good in the air and love to attack crosses into the box
Oh.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
so true
Spurs are below United in the PL.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Spurs are below United in the PL.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:17 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
He was poor after he'd played in defence for a few weeks. He was actually rather good before that. You completely writing him off then? He can at least protect the back 4?
Not completely writing him off no as I think he can play. I actually rate[d] him.

He will need to go some to erase the memory he left me with after the Bayern home tie though the £#%&!ing shithouse.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Not completely writing him off no as I think he can play. I actually rate[d] him.

He will need to go some to erase the memory he left me with after the Bayern home tie though the £#%&!ing shithouse.
His really shit performances do linger longer than his good periods.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Yeah that's right! You can stick Ozzies Dream up your arse Tottingham boy.