Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Stickman

Default Re: bloody hell a decent article from the grauniad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Good read that.

His goal reminded me a bit of Benzema's against United a couple of years ago. Quick control with one foot, bang with the other.
bang on! Hadnt thought of that but incedibly similar. You didnt see the danger in both cases until it was passing the keeper.

Unread 01-10-2010, 07:51 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's a bit flimsy as a piece, mentions two strikers because they came on last night and smalling and bebe because they arrived this summer but not a word about the prospects we have on loan/in the youth side. all a bit superficial. the overall point is bang on, though.
Maybe that's cos he only had 800 words to fill?

Unread 01-10-2010, 08:33 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
There was a good bit on Sid Lowe's bit of the Granuiad podcast this arvo, where Lowe was talking about how "Manchester" are seen in Spain... "everyone respects them, they're a proper football club, what everyone aspires to". So nice after all the tired old ABU shite we always get.
living abroad you get a much clearer sense of united's stature. the likes of spurs/chelsea/arsenal etc are all seen as big teams and tough games etc but united are a piece of history in a way that they are not. the only english club which comes close is liverpool but they can't match united in terms of recent success and general star power/player recognition. and fergie is spoken of in almost awed terms by most of the coaches and experts abroad in a way that no other manager even comes close to.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Cream

might as well have said 'an incidental side effect of the debt is that United are forced into buying foriegn prospects before they've had a chance to become expensive'. Ronaldo was cheap, Rooney wasn't, and now we can only afford the Ronaldo. Which I think I'm right in saying puts us in Arsenal territory.

and we all know what happened to them once their mature, title winning players retired/left... less success. Well, I'm guessing that's what happened to them, I can't be arsed researching my point.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
living abroad you get a much clearer sense of united's stature. the likes of spurs/chelsea/arsenal etc are all seen as big teams and tough games etc but united are a piece of history in a way that they are not. the only english club which comes close is liverpool but they can't match united in terms of recent success and general star power/player recognition. and fergie is spoken of in almost awed terms by most of the coaches and experts abroad in a way that no other manager even comes close to.
I have to say I was suprised when over in Czech to see United on the back pages. It was great though.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I have to say I was suprised when over in Czech to see United on the back pages. It was great though.
It sounds it. Jealous.com

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

SLing it redzer.

Unread 01-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
you are a £#%&!ing clown
i'm not actually

i can juggle a bit though

Unread 02-10-2010, 01:21 AM
RedMentalist

Thumbs up Re: bloody hell a decent article from the grauniad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...iggs-interview

Unread 02-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMentalist
Great stuff.

Quote:
Giggs: "When I made my debut, I was on YTS, earning £29.50 a week, and £10 expenses. Forty quid, and I was in the first team. It didn't bother me."

Unread 02-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
might as well have said 'an incidental side effect of the debt is that United are forced into buying foriegn prospects before they've had a chance to become expensive'. Ronaldo was cheap, Rooney wasn't, and now we can only afford the Ronaldo. Which I think I'm right in saying puts us in Arsenal territory.

and we all know what happened to them once their mature, title winning players retired/left... less success. Well, I'm guessing that's what happened to them, I can't be arsed researching my point.
I disagree with that. I think we will end up getting Rodwell from Everton, and he'll cost us around 20-25m.

I think the difference is he'll splash out on expensive youngsters if he feels they will offer us something, but he wont splash out on the players like Villa/Silva.

You look at Rodwell, you can just see he's the type of player that will be at United, it's almost inevitable.

Unread 02-10-2010, 02:59 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
I disagree with that. I think we will end up getting Rodwell from Everton, and he'll cost us around 20-25m.

I think the difference is he'll splash out on expensive youngsters if he feels they will offer us something, but he wont splash out on the players like Villa/Silva.

You look at Rodwell, you can just see he's the type of player that will be at United, it's almost inevitable.
overhyped & crocked?

Unread 02-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

I dont get what you're saying, are you saying every player that's ever played for man utd has been either overhyped or crocked, or both? Or just the players we sign are always overhyped and crocked? Or just that Rodwell is overhyped and crocked, and would fit in well at united because thats what united like?

Unread 02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
rafabio

or you could elaborate why you feel he will be at united? 'inevitable' what is so united about him?

Unread 02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
or you could elaborate why you feel he will be at united? 'inevitable' what is so united about him?
he's shit, judging by half of the squad, it makes him united enough

Unread 02-10-2010, 10:03 AM
rafabio

Quote:

Unread 02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Go watch Bury then.

Unread 02-10-2010, 10:06 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Go watch Bury then.

yeah

Unread 02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
shadowplay

Decent article. Hayward is an excellent writer, always has been.
Closed Thread