United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default This Playmaker we need in Midfield

I've been talking about this for a while and have mentioned it on here a while ago.

The man for this role is already at the club for me and i personally think it would help his game and help him score more goals...step forward Wayne Rooney.

I don't think rooney is a natural finisher or striker, he likes to drop deep (as we've all seen) and make the game tick which is very hard to do as a striker.

Surely if we can scrape some money together in january or the summer we should be looking for a fast striker who can finish or a left sided attacker to play a 4-3-3 with Rooney playing an AM role.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Ginners

Default Re: This Playmaker we need in Midfield

agreed

also move o'shea left wing and evra in goal plz.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
toseeunited

Another reason that Benzema was a must-buy imo

I'm not in favour of Wazza in MF though - £#%&! me he'd miss more games than he played

Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I've been talking about this for a while and have mentioned it on here a while ago.

The man for this role is already at the club for me and i personally think it would help his game and help him score more goals...step forward Wayne Rooney.

I don't think rooney is a natural finisher or striker, he likes to drop deep (as we've all seen) and make the game tick which is very hard to do as a striker.

Surely if we can scrape some money together in january or the summer we should be looking for a fast striker who can finish or a left sided attacker to play a 4-3-3 with Rooney playing an AM role.
You mean that Wazza is like Scholes ?

dunk

When I first saw him play I always imagined him doing a Scholes and moving back into midfield, now, nah.

Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
agreed

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
agreed

Who is that bird in your avatar ?

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Who is that bird in your avatar ?
the future mrs ginners, zooey deschanel

plopborsky

ffs rooney in midfield

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
agreed

Come on ginners don't be like that.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:06 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
ffs rooney in midfield
Not in a 2 man midfield it would be carnage but a 4-3-3 with him playing the attacking midfielder role then yes

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Stickman

Quote:

ive always said he's the most natural successor to Scholes I've seen. You'll get shot down to £#%&! though for putting it out there

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Sandman

His passing and decision making is too erratic.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
ive always said he's the most natural successor to Scholes I've seen. You'll get shot down to £#%&! though for putting it out there
Its just blantanly obvious to me and would make him a better player.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Qwertyuiop

Thumbs up Re: This Playmaker we need in Midfield

Quote:

I seem to recall him playing in central midfield to great effect against Blackburn away a couple of years ago. We lost 4-3 and he looked totally lost, was shite and positionally all over the place but i'm sure SAF can iron those little niggles out of his game. You may be onto something here.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
the future mrs ginners, zooey deschanel
you mean it's a bloke ?

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:12 PM
armchair

You people need to get a grip.

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
I seem to recall him playing in central midfield to great effect against Blackburn away a couple of years ago. We lost 4-3 and he looked totally lost, was shite and positionally all over the place but i'm sure SAF can iron those little niggles out of his game. You may be onto something here.
Wasn't just that

Ferdinand was playing in midfield next to him

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Wasn't just that

Unread 04-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Wasn't just that

Ferdinand looks comfortable on the ball, ergo he can play midfield as well. Wingers who can tackle also make great full backs.
Closed Thread