United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default I see the media have got a United angle to push the diving story

Where was all this £#%&!ing soul-searching/hype until Young got booked the other day eh?

Apparently his was a clear and blatant dive punishable by suspension. So let's look at the evidence:

He ran at a defender who planted his left leg in the path of Young's natural course. Now it's true that Young has a stupid way of ensuring he doesn't get whacked, but had he ran normally then the defender would have tripped him anyway, because he had already planted his leg.

This happened in a split second, so where exactly was Young supposed to put his left leg so that it didn't connect with the defender's leg?

Be interesting to see if anybody actually agrees that this is not as clear-cut a case as people are making out.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:04 PM
dodger

I had the same conversation earlier. Yes he ran into the player and went down too easily but the defender had stuck his leg out and I don't think I saw Young appealing for a penalty. I know that doesn't excuse a dive but players are allowed to go to ground without being booked I assume.

And yet we've got the usual "blight on the game", "5 match ban" shite that usually follows an incident involving one of our players.

No mention of Evra's penalty that should have been given either.

@#%&!s.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Mr Castro

This is from April 2012, but still very relevant. I would expect Neville to make similar points tonight.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:07 PM
originalhogg

Cue, hilarious pictures of Howard Webb in a united shirt from now till Sunday.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Tiberian

Had a work mate try to tell me that Utd had coached Young to dive. He was just as prolific a diver at Villa but it was never an important media issue as it has been in his time at Utd.

You can argue that it was a pen but Young is always looking for it. I should be wanting to back and defend the Utd player but he has had it coming over his entire career.

I do not mind players going down to protect from potential injury and poor play from defenders should be punished. However when you have a player like Young who seems to have the priority of dive first-shoot second it is hard to have any sympathy for him.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Serenity Now

He shifted direction to the right then dangled out his left leg, even pointing his toes - a motion that only makes sense if he's seeking to make contact with the defender. A dive and a very poor one at that.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Had a work mate try to tell me that Utd had coached Young to dive. He was just as prolific a diver at Villa but it was never an important media issue as it has been in his time at Utd.
If we're coaching him on diving, we're clearly not doing a particularly good job. His technique is appalling.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Sparky***

I fully expect Carragher will show the countless reels of footage that starfish Stevie has provided us all with down the years.

"Now dis ere is how you foochhhin dive Ashley"

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Bernard1

It made me cringe tbh.

The defender did put his leg out, but Young was embarrassing.

Its always going to be x10 as its United, and then its Moyes they would love him to fail. There's nothing we can do about it. The meeja cant wait for us to shrivel and die.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:42 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

the whole thing is laughable and just goes to show how little the public and media know about the game. Pro sportsmen shouldn't take advantage of opportunities

piss and wind.

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:46 PM
puressence

i presume bales 6 booking will be highlighted ..oops forgot hes goldenbollox atm ...all bollox players do it its the modern game tbh think moyes is bang out and should have kept it inhouse ...

Unread 16-09-2013, 06:56 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
He shifted direction to the right then dangled out his left leg, even pointing his toes - a motion that only makes sense if he's seeking to make contact with the defender. A dive and a very poor one at that.
This. Not sure what the point of defending it is other than to make it very clear to everybody that will listen that you have a huge united shaped chip on your shoulder. Best way to deal with it is like Moyes has done imo, point out that it's unacceptable and tell the player to get a £#%&!ing grip.

The fact that other players do it and get away with it is irrelevant. I don't want to watch United players doing it at all but if they have to, they should be much better at than Young is.

Fully intend to join in the boo's the silly @#%&! will no doubt now get.

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
that isn't actually what he does. the contact is right at the start of his movement to the right, and both his legs are very naturally angled to the direction he is coming from. the contact is just below each player's knees. i have a freeze frame of it on the tele as I describe it.

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Bunker Buster

It's quite simple....

Take away trialling legs, position, intent, real time speed etc...

It's the disgusting way he arches his whole spine and squeals like a pig when he's knocked physically by an opponent..

He looks for fouls...unsure of his own ability he takes the cowards way out..

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's quite simple....

Take away trialling legs, position, intent, real time speed etc...

It's the disgusting way he arches his whole spine and squeals like a pig when he's knocked physically by an opponent..

He looks for fouls...unsure of his own ability he takes the cowards way out..
true, but this particular dive isn't the worst

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Sparky***

Here we go. 20 minute in depth dissection on monday night football

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Mr Castro

I think some good points were raised there actually.

Neville also showing conclusively why the Palace defender had to be sent off. Holloway for me emerges quite badly from this because he's playing the victim almost in not only not commenting on it, but he's being whiny almost.

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
I think some good points were raised there actually.

Neville also showing conclusively why the Palace defender had to be sent off. Holloway for me emerges quite badly front his because he's playing the victim almost in not only not commenting on it, but he's being whiny almost.
yeah he's a tit. can be entertaining, but last season his player was booked for diving (Zaha) and he went off on one defending him and attacking the PL so he's just being consistent.

His chairman is a #@&%! though. You can always guarantee that these £#%&!ers will use United to try and gain some sympathy can't you - last season Martinez and Allardyce to name but two, and now already Palace are at it

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Ashley's Grime

Palace deserve all the bad luck they get for persecuting Eric.

Unread 16-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah he's a tit. can be entertaining, but last season his player was booked for diving (Zaha) and he went off on one defending him and attacking the PL so he's just being consistent.

His chairman is a #@&%! though. You can always guarantee that these £#%&!ers will use United to try and gain some sympathy can't you - last season Martinez and Allardyce to name but two, and now already Palace are at it
Was that the chairman sat next time him on Saturday? Blonde haired sunbed type.

United are an easy target because the general perception is that we don't get decisions given against us. I remember when Liverpool got a penalty awarded at Old Trafford about 9 years back and the stat popped that it was the first penalty given against us at Old Trafford in about 10 years. Ignoring the possible fact that in that period no penalty chance occurred.
Closed Thread