United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
View Poll Results: have you changed your mind about the eu vote?
yes, I have been swayed by the arguments / taken in by the lies of one of the campaigns 2 4.76%
yes, I have be swayed by the well-informed arguments on the fred brexit thread 2 4.76%
no. I haven't listened or I have got fed up with listening to bullshit 36 85.71%
don't know (yeah, I don't know why I am putting this as an option either) 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2016, 04:43 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That is really all you need to know, at the end of the day.
yup. especially if you've already made up your mind.

Old 17-06-2016, 04:52 PM
King Eric

Ive said a few times, ever time I hear the horrible pollies on both sides spouting off, it makes me want to vote opposite to them. It's like saying, you prefer Jimmy Saville to Rolf Harris.

Old 17-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Venceremos

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Ive said a few times, ever time I hear the horrible pollies on both sides spouting off, it makes me want to vote opposite to them. It's like saying, you prefer Jimmy Saville to Rolf Harris.
You should give them more of a chance. I'd say at least 450+ of the 650 in parliament are good, decent people. The aggressive media and the need to always be on guard will do them no favors when it comes to image / likeability...

Old 17-06-2016, 05:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
You should give them more of a chance. I'd say at least 450+ of the 650 of the parliament are good, decent people. The aggressive media and the need to always be on guard will do them no favors when it comes to image / likeability...
seems like jo cox was a nice person, but the standard of debate is almost uniformly awful. maybe we only get to hear the pushy, opinionated chancers.

Old 17-06-2016, 05:06 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
You should give them more of a chance. I'd say at least 450+ of the 650 in parliament are good, decent people. The aggressive media and the need to always be on guard will do them no favors when it comes to image / likeability...

Some might be, but the ones mentioned on here definitely are the lowest form of humanity.

Old 17-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i quite like the sound of the 'open to suggestions' rights activists

Old 17-06-2016, 07:00 PM
red in cumbria

Our politicians generally aren't great, but a significant part of that is down to our (much worse) media.

Old 17-06-2016, 07:37 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Your not going to vote then?

Cameron the pig abuser, Osborne the robber of vulnerable people's benefits, the Scottish one eyed idiot Brown and the worst of the lot, the lying sychaphant Bliar.

Makes your list look almost palatable.
That was actually IDS.

Old 18-06-2016, 08:05 AM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
That was actually IDS.
Not certain about this, but I vaguely recall Osborne announcing that all government departments had to make huge cuts, he gave the order the cretin IDS carried it out, although I think he resigned from doing it, because he couldn't stomach the misery he was heaping on these poor sods.

Old 18-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Not certain about this, but I vaguely recall Osborne announcing that all government departments had to make huge cuts, he gave the order the cretin IDS carried it out, although I think he resigned from doing it, because he couldn't stomach the misery he was heaping on these poor sods.

Yeah, ever the caring sharing humanitarian is IDS
Closed Thread