Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2018, 09:53 AM
Jethro

Good. Cheap £#%&!ing bastards

Unread 03-06-2018, 10:02 AM
saffers

They'll be back

Won't leave Darmian in the lurch over a couple of mill. Italian international defender who they know well or Arias?

Unread 03-06-2018, 10:47 AM
andyroo

They know him well? Big boost for Arias.

Unread 03-06-2018, 11:08 AM
waynes ear's

Cheeky @#%&!s €20mill for that lump of mozzarella?

£#%&! right off

Unread 03-06-2018, 11:22 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Mourinho failing to get rid of yet another shit @#%&!.

Unread 03-06-2018, 11:51 AM
ryanMUFC

I think he’d be an alright back up if it came to it. Most of our defense is made up as players that are only good enough to be back ups to a title challenging side anyway so I wouldn’t stress too much over getting rid of a player for 12m.

Unread 03-06-2018, 12:05 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Mourinho failing to get rid of yet another shit @#%&!.
Woodward*

All Jose can do is tell Woodward to sell him, the rest is on Ed.

Unread 03-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Woodward*

All Jose can do is tell Woodward to sell him, the rest is on Ed.
That was the point. Some people think it’s a computer game where shit players can just be dumped by the manager.

Unread 03-06-2018, 01:12 PM
Tiberian

Darmian was utter shit, entirely unsuited to the PL. Might do well in the slower paced Italian league but never a player for this league.

Unread 03-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Sparky***

12m ffs

it's high time we stopped giving our players away for a £#%&!ing pittance tbh.

Unread 03-06-2018, 03:32 PM
Wellinever

Default Dark Arts Defending

Darmian going back to Italy where he will be much more comfortable in a defensive set up where every player knows his job first and foremost, is to defend. In SerieA full backs are groomed in pairs and defenders generally are appreciated and as valued in their craft as much attackers are, they are schooled from an early age in the 'dark arts'.
(No wonder Mourhino's greatest success as a manager , to date, was the treble he won in Italy)

The first half dozen games Darmian had with Luke Shaw were our best defensive set up, because he could 'school' Shaw, (sort of like a blank canvas) in the 'dark arts', but Shaw's injury ruined all that and Darmian was like a fish out of water, having no other natural full back defending with him and because going forward was not his thing!
But best of luck to him

Unread 03-06-2018, 03:46 PM
utd99

Darmian, Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Di Maria, Depay, Falcao, Valdez. All busts.

You could argue that the jury is still out on Blind, Rojo and Marial, but it still doesn’t make for pretty reading for the tulip.

Something tells me he would disagree though.

Unread 03-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Darmian, Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Di Maria, Depay, Falcao, Valdez. All busts.

You could argue that the jury is still out on Blind, Rojo and Marial, but it still doesn’t make for pretty reading for the tulip.

Don’t forget Bailly and Lindelof

Unread 03-06-2018, 03:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I was sticking to van Gaal buys.

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
12m ffs

it's high time we stopped giving our players away for a £#%&!ing pittance tbh.
As we’re usually selling players on high wages who aren’t good enough for that level, it’s unlikely. We could start selling our plays when they turn out great, like Liverpool and Tottenham do, but I’d rather we didn’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Is Bailly shit now then?

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Lok

Quote:

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:14 PM
utd99

Blind’s a good player. The fact that he never found a settled role in the team reflects just as badly on us as him imo.

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Blind’s a good player. The fact that he never found a settled role in the team reflects just as badly on us as him imo.
Blind was signed to play in a certain type of team. And he did it extremely well. I have no idea why he's still here tbh.

Re Darmian, tough to play hardball with a player who was given three league starts between October and the end of the season. Just sell.

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:26 PM
saffers

Darmers treated badly by Mou.

Let the lad go now, no need to stress him out for a few weeks. We can also soften Juve up considering we want Alex Sandro.

Unread 03-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Curtis

Blind was bought off the back of winning player of the year in Holland, playing almost exclusively as a defensive midfielder. He played there just five times for us (only once for Jose) in that role and did well each time. His lack of pace is only ever really been exposed while defending. Can't really say its his fault he's never been played in the position that won him the move. Or really blame him for not complaining and doing the best he could every time he was asked to play in a less favorable position.

That said, he's not good enough to pay CB or LB for us and only really good enough as a back-up defensive midfielder. I'm not sure that justifies him staying. Talk in the Italian press today of Inter lining up a bid for him. They apparently like his versatility and think he'd be a sensible buy. No bid as yet though.
Closed Thread