United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v WHU - The Official Thread

Looks like Carrick is back, though whether it is too soon to play him from the start i dunno. I think he's too important to leave out so i'm going with this :-

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Ronnie
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani
Rooney
Berbie

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:37 AM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Looks like Carrick is back, though whether it is too soon to play him from the start i dunno. I think he's too important to leave out so i'm going with this :-

VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Ronnie
Carrick
Fletcher
Nani
Rooney
Berbie
VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney
Berbs

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
VDS
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Carrick
Fletcher
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney
Berbs
i'd be happy with that too. It may be time to rest Ronnie aswell.

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:51 AM
TheNew

Quote:
i'd be happy with that too. It may be time to rest Ronnie aswell.
That's my thinking. Tevez definitely deserves a game as well, amd I think Giggs has done pretty well through the middle recently.

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:51 AM
elephantstone

VDS
Gary Nev
Vidic
Rio
Evra
Fletcher
Carrick
Ronaldo
Giggs
Rooney
Berbatov

I can see Wes getting dropped after Saturday, someone will be the fallguy

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Tevez on the bench again I bet, along with Carrick if he's lucky. Midfield could be a problem tonight.
United seriously need new midfielders next summer.

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
VDS
Gary Nev
Vidic
Rio
Evra
Fletcher
Carrick
Ronaldo
Giggs
Rooney
Berbatov

I can see Wes getting dropped after Saturday, someone will be the fallguy

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Tevez on the bench again I bet, along with Carrick if he's lucky. Midfield could be a problem tonight.
United seriously need new midfielders next summer.
Why? We've got Carrick, Fletcher playing well, Anderson, Possebon and (cross everything) Hargo, not to mention Scholes. What we could do with is another wideman, i'd love us to go after Ashley Young personally, think he'd be a cracking signing.

Unread 29-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Why? We've got Carrick, Fletcher playing well, Anderson, Possebon and (cross everything) Hargo, not to mention Scholes. What we could do with is another wideman, i'd love us to go after Ashley Young personally, think he'd be a cracking signing.
I'll probably get called names for this but I don't think we can rely on Scholes next season unfortunetly. I know he got a contract ext but still.
As for Hargreaves, well things just seem to be getting worse for him.

Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson, and Fletcher isn't a great player overnight.
Just my opinion.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'll probably get called names for this but I don't think we can rely on Scholes next season unfortunetly. I know he got a contract ext but still.
As for Hargreaves, well things just seem to be getting worse for him.

Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson, and Fletcher isn't a great player overnight.
Just my opinion.
Depends what you mean by "rely on". We'll get 10 or 15 good starts out of him. In Carrick we have a superb classy passing midfielder, Fletcher can use his energy to break up the opposition and has developed a knack for getting goals and Anderson by next season will I think be ready to step up and be the physically dominant midfielder he's already shown flashes of. on top of this Possebon is obviously a superb talent and i'm not ready to write off hargo yet.

Honestly you really should try to look on the bright side every now and then, you seem to get no pleasure out of United other than the opportunity it gives you to wallow in gloom.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:05 AM
Whalefish

£#%&!ing sick of buying players. Possebon will do just fine. Sign another midfielder and it'll block his development.

The only way I'd be comfortable with another central midfielder arriving is if Hargreaves is sold. Unless he is shifted off the wage bill I cannot see it happening.

Team tonight:

VDS
Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Anderson
Fletcher
Nani
Tevez
Berbatov

RB is this season's revolving door. £#%&!ing stupid. Tevez will probably get a game (and do nothing since he's been benched since Liverpool and so won't be as sharp), Berbatov won't be dropped as he's Fergie's new toy.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:11 AM
puressence

reckon berbie will sit out tonite ..tevez in and so he should be .

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Depends what you mean by "rely on". We'll get 10 or 15 good starts out of him. In Carrick we have a superb classy passing midfielder, Fletcher can use his energy to break up the opposition and has developed a knack for getting goals and Anderson by next season will I think be ready to step up and be the physically dominant midfielder he's already shown flashes of. on top of this Possebon is obviously a superb talent and i'm not ready to write off hargo yet.

Honestly you really should try to look on the bright side every now and then, you seem to get no pleasure out of United other than the opportunity it gives you to wallow in gloom.
Thanks for that last bit where you lectured me on how to follow football even though it's oddly irrelevant.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Harri Jaffa

I hope Tevez starts

Fergie wants Rooney and Berbatov to gel though, so I can see benefits in them still starting together.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Berbatov won't be dropped as he's Fergie's new toy.
Not sure if i'd say it's 'cos he's "Fergie's new toy", i think t is more 'cos I think the position he plays is more suited to Rooney playing off him, that when Tevez plays. I think Fergie likes Berbie playing up top as it provides the space for Rooney to drop into.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Thanks for that last bit where you lectured me on how to follow football even though it's oddly irrelevant.
I'm not lecturing you Fuzzles, just trying to get you to brighten your outlook a touch. I think you might enjoy it but don't want to browbeat you into it, you carry on.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
reckon berbie will sit out tonite ..tevez in and so he should be .
Agree. Berbatov will be rested. he front 3 will all be rotated to full effect with the next 4 games coming thick and fast (especially the last 2 being Celtic and Arsenal away)

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:21 AM
armchair

Glad to see Berb starts for you. Some incredible back lash against him recently. He's played how many games and scored how many goals so far?

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:22 AM
red @rmy

4-0 United.

Unread 29-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Harri Jaffa

2 - 1 West Ham
Closed Thread