Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
how so?

anderson to bomb forward
fletcher to patrol the middle of the park/sit infront of the defence
nani & ronaldo to terrorise their fullbacks

whis is west brom we're playing
Fletcher doesn't sit in front of the defence though, he's a box to box midfielder. Anderson is a headless chicken and Nani is shite.
The three of them in the one midfield fills me with pure dread.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Anderson is a headless chicken
I can't believe you went there, this thread's gonna get a bit salty now no doubt.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Fletcher doesn't sit in front of the defence though, he's a box to box midfielder. Anderson is a headless chicken and Nani is shite.
The three of them in the one midfield fills me with pure dread.
fletcher will do what i or fergie tells him, the point is he can break up play/sit infront of the defence

anderson isnt a headless chicken at all, he's starting to hit form recently, passes and moves it around nicely

nani is young and naieve, needs games to improve and west brom is the exact sort of game he needs to play in

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I can't believe you went there, this thread's gonna get a bit salty now no doubt.
I think he has a point.

Anderson has bags of talent but he shoots like Gary Neville. He is far from the finished article imo. He isn't really an attacking midfield player either. More just a centre mid. I like him and Fletcher in midfield together, they were superb at Blackburn especially in the 2nd half.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Baron

--------------VDS------------

Wes-----Rio----Vidic------Evra

---Hargreaves---Anderson----

Ronnie------Rooney------Tevez

-----------Berbatov-----------

West Brom play some rather lovely stuff (honestly, they do) so good energy & ability to get amongst the passers with Hargreaves & Anderson to push it forward quickly. Carrick would have been ideal but I've never thought he was great when back from injury so blood him in with the last 30mins. Hargreaves will be injured by then anyway

We'll obliterate them if they get too big for their boots with that forward line. Hopefully a nice early goal will set us up for a romp.

I predict a swaggering 3-0 with Rooney bagging 2.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I know Fletch and Anderson did well against Blackburn but they were wide open, West Brom will bring their A game, we need someone with brains to play along side those two and with Nani you've got the footballing intelligence of a shoe. I'd take those two but with Giggs, no Nani. That's my final offer.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I think he has a point.

So do I to some extent, it's just you take your life in your nads criticising Anderson here at times.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
So do I to some extent, it's just you take your life in your nads criticising Anderson here at times.
Yeah the fanboyism is a bit full on at times. A couple of forward passes and all of a sudden we have Fabregas and Essien rolled into one.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yeah the fanboyism is a bit full on at times. A couple of forward passes and all of a sudden we have Fabregas and Essien rolled into one.
Criticising him and not selecting Tevez, DANGER!!!!! Still i think in time Anderson'll be a top player.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:26 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

5-0, Ronaldo Hatrick, Rooney with 2

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Criticising him and not selecting Tevez, DANGER!!!!! Still i think in time Anderson'll be a top player.
The blind faith in Tevez is almost as bad imo.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
The blind faith in Tevez is almost as bad imo.
He is an excellent player.

Unread 17-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Baron

Quote:
He is an excellent player.
undoubtably... I wish he'd pass it earlier though, takes too many touches I reckon. Something that's happened since day one at United. I love that he has the courage to try & make things happen, but sometimes a first time pass or a two touch interaction yields better results.

He wouldn't be so knackered if he didn't run down the odd blind alley.

Unread 17-10-2008, 11:21 AM
MJ Ramone

VDS

Evra
Rio
Vidic
Wes/Nev

Park
Giggs
Anderson/Carrick
Fletcher

Rooney
Berbatov/Tevez

Something like that anyway.
Blimey, it's hard to pick a team when most the lads are fit. Especially in midfield.
I guess the team will depend on tiredness/travel following International's so it could be anything to be honest.
Depending when Tevez got back I'd expect him to get a start...although I can't see him leaving Berbatov out, so maybe Wazza will get a rest for Tuesday?

Unread 17-10-2008, 11:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
maybe Wazza will get a rest for Tuesday?
I'd hope not, he's in the best form he's had in ages, I'd play him as much as possible.

Unread 17-10-2008, 11:41 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
I'd hope not, he's in the best form he's had in ages, I'd play him as much as possible.
Oh I agree with you. I don't think it's any secret he's my fave player!

...but, it's the sort of thing Fergie might do.

Tevez has been unfortunate to be left out recently so Fergie will feel he must give him a start sooner or later..+ he'll be wanting Berb's to get his first League/Old Trafford goal asap.
I can't see him starting all 3.
It'll be interesting.

Looking forward to the game anyway. Seems ages since Blackburn.

Unread 17-10-2008, 11:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Looking forward to the game anyway. Seems ages since Blackburn.
Far too long!!!!! Bloody internationals.

Unread 17-10-2008, 12:52 PM
The Return of JC

Aw, look at Bedders putting Fletcher in his first 11.

I'd honestly pretty happy with any set of players that go out there now. None of the main squad are weak (except O'Shea. And even he can 'do a job' as a holding midfield player).

Any combo will do for me up front. All have a strong case to start. Some players need games, some have good momentum. I hope Rio is ok after hobbling around on Wednesday night. Maybe a good time to rest him?

Assuming Carrick and Hargreaves are fit, I would go with:

VDS

Wes
Evans
Vidic
Evra

Carrick (give him an hour)
Anderson
Park

Ronaldo
Rooney
Berbatov

Subs:
Kusczazaczazk
Neville
Rio
Hargreaves (on for Carrick on the hour)
Fletcher
Giggs
Tevez

Unread 17-10-2008, 12:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Aw, look at Bedders putting Fletcher in his first 11.
He's playing well enough to deserve his place.
Closed Thread