United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Im sorry but the only thing we may see in ronaldo's style is being pushed away by shit owners and a stubborn mangaer.......

No current first teamer will EVER be a ronnie.

Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
who the £#%&! is saying that...considering the ridiculous amount of injuries we've had considering how indifferent our summer signings have been apart from Jones considering we have no £#%&!ing money to buy any players I think it's a minor miracle we are still right in the hunt for the title...and we have turned in some excellent displays this season and if the injuries don't get any worse there is plenty more to come

Wonder why that is

It's down to Ferguson's experience that we are still in the title race.

Well of course there should be more to come: but to suggest that we are gonna be as good as we were a couple years ago is absolutely ludicrous

We were an excellent side, with an excellent coaching staff and manager capable of domintaing football. Now we are a good side with good coaching staff but thankfully we've still got an excellent manager who's capable of winning us the title.

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:41 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

The Rooney goal vs Bolton was just the linkup play was just magnificent.

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:43 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
The reaction coming out of the ground that day was
Only because we won. If we'd been trailing and he'd been brought on and done exactly what he did, people would have been fuming he would have been considered a preening prima donna, which is eventually what a lot thought of him after a couple of season.

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:49 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Only because we won. If we'd been trailing and he'd been brought on and done exactly what he did, people would have been fuming he would have been considered a preening prima donna, which is eventually what a lot thought of him after a couple of season.
We were 2-0 up at the time, he just came on and just gave us something I'd never seen before. The reaction after the game was just unreal, remember telling friends that they had to see the ITV highlights because he was that good.

He got slated for no end product which was very harsh for a 18 year old kid in a new country etc, but he was just unbelievable to watch.

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:52 AM
andyroo

Nobody in football ever used that revolting and oxymoronic marketing term "end product" until it was the trendy stick to beat Cristiano with.

£#%&! them all.

Unread 21-01-2012, 01:01 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Another vintage Ronnie game, Newcastle at Home (his only hat trick )

0-0 at HT, ended up 6-0.

Unread 21-01-2012, 01:27 AM
Neo

Getting pretty excited about him coming back tbh.

Just not sure whether it will be this summer or January 2013.

Unread 21-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Red Tatton

Quote:
Another vintage Ronnie game, Newcastle at Home (his only hat trick )

0-0 at HT, ended up 6-0.

Cristiano Ronaldo vs Newcastle (H) 07-08 by MemeT - YouTube
Around 1min 40 the pen never given

Unread 21-01-2012, 02:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tatton
Around 1min 40 the pen never given
Ridiculous. Rooney should've had 3 in the first half and there was nothing wrong with Owen's goal.

Unread 21-01-2012, 02:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ridiculous. Rooney should've had 3 in the first half and there was nothing wrong with Owen's goal.
The ABU's made a meal of that after the game, I recall

Unread 21-01-2012, 03:14 PM
nasss

Quote:
We were 2-0 up at the time, he just came on and just gave us something I'd never seen before. The reaction after the game was just unreal, remember telling friends that they had to see the ITV highlights because he was that good.

He got slated for no end product which was very harsh for a 18 year old kid in a new country etc, but he was just unbelievable to watch.
1-0 up and he was quality won a penalty that ruud missed

Unread 21-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Zorg

Quote:

He got slated for no end product by #@&%!s with the brain capacity of what sudored posted earlier. I was at his debut too, £#%&!ing amazing, just one of those moments where everyone was shouting 'just give him the ball ffs'.

To be kicked so often and just get back up and run at them again - brilliant.

He was obviously going to be a huge star yet you still had some arseholes moaning. Some people are just Howard Wilkinson, they want a team of safe , reliable utility players who play four yard passes, 'tackle back' and don't cause them too much stress by taking risks.

Unread 21-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

depressing watching those videos. What a fantastic year that was in 08. Remember watching games in pubs and people asking who scored, have a guess who scored pal. He was just £#%&!ing obscene.

Unread 21-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Pop

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasss

Unread 21-01-2012, 05:43 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He was just £#%&!ing obscene.
That is exactly what he was fuzz

Unread 21-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Neo

He was just one of those players that comes along once in a generation who just seems to spread an aura of invincibility throughout the club. Cantona was another one like that.

Obviously we lost games when Ronnie played, and obviously he had bad games where he didn't perform, but there just seemed to be such a ridiculous belief that we'd beat anyone whenever he played. Going to places like The Emirates, Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Stadio Olimpico and even the Nou Camp didn't seem daunting at all with him in the side. Teams used to absolutely shit it against us.

That's completely gone now and we don't raise that fear factor anymore. Can you imagine £#%&!ing Basel beating us if we had Ronnie in the side ffs? I don't think he'll ever come back, as he probably sees his United/England chapter closed and he'll go to Italy or Portugal after he's bored at Madrid. I still think he believes he made a mistake by leaving United so early though. Everything was set up for him here, but he seemed to have a 'grass is greener' complex going on with Spain, and now he's there he's realised it's not the dream he thought it would be with the boo boy #@&%!s and lack of silverware. Oh well, should have known better.

Unread 21-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Zorg

Five points clear in La Liga though aren't they? If they win the league I dare say he'll be happy he went there.

Unread 21-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Just stop it. If your wife left you for a handsome, rich Spaniard I doubt she'd come back for the prospect of undying love and shopping in the Tesco Value aisle.

Unread 21-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Five points clear in La Liga though aren't they? If they win the league I dare say he'll be happy he went there.
Don't think they will though.

I think Barca will get their traditional win in the Clasico and Madrid will drop more points elsewhere. They have an inferiority complex with Barca and I think they'll crack under the pressure with Barca breathing down their necks come April/May.

If he wins the title this season then fair play, but I can't see them dominating La Liga like United dominated England when he was here. They are light years behind Barca. Put simply, his trophy haul would have been bigger if he had stayed at United IMO, that counts for both team trophies and personal awards which seem to mean so much to him.

Unread 21-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dale Cooper
Just stop it. If your wife left you for a handsome, rich Spaniard I doubt she'd come back for the prospect of undying love and shopping in the Tesco Value aisle.
Agreed. Even if the handsome, rich Spaniard did her head in with constant nit-picking, she'd only run off with the handsome, rich Italian anyway.
Closed Thread