View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 01-04-2024, 07:52 AM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
It's odd how people put words in others mouths. Where did I say he told them to show minimum effort?

Last season we had a bit of new manager bounce. The players wanted a more technical manager after Ole and up until the league Cup final things seemed quite rosey.

Things changed dramatically when the dippers thrashed us. Our weaknesses were laid bare and players heads dropped. It appears to have changed his tactics a bit. We've failed to recover from that mauling and it's got progressively worse. Of course there have been high points but for each one there have been new lows. Spectacular lows. We've been embarrassed by some extremely poor teams. Frequently.

He's shown for a year now that he has no solution. He's proven to be too stubborn to change and whatever system he's trying to play isn't working. It'll never work.

Whether he was the most in demand manager or not doesn't really change the fact it isn't working. To stick with him when it's this bad would be madness and it's difficult to imagine that this is how ineos want to start their reign.

But he keeps playing him. Rewarding failure.
The 7-0 should have seen him potted. He shouldn’t have been allowed on the coach home. He should have been relieved of his duties and told to use Uber.

It was quite simply gross misconduct, and a stain on our history which can never be removed.

Unread 01-04-2024, 08:53 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
No-one here is arguing that Brentford are good, quite the opposite in fact. They are a glorified third tier side with a matching style of play yet they and a majority of teams that we face have no issue walking through us. There's games like Everton (h) and Liverpool (a) where we had control and they were reduced to potshots that bumped up their shots but didn't reflect our dominance, however they are in the minority. Yesterday was the norm with cloggers not having to work too hard to slice us open at will, if that's not a coaching issue I don't know what is.
The issues I have with ten hag are all about the coaching. Can’t think of one area we’ve improved. We struggle to score goals, we are horrific at defending, we’re wide open, we’re not massively effective on the break, we have huge gaps in midfield. We’re £#%&!ing awful and so easy to play against 90% of the time. That against Brentford was truly disgraceful. But truthfully, we’ve struggled to look decent against teams like Newport and Wigan.

I see no reason to keep him if a decent name comes up. Just hope we don’t go down the Dutch road ever again - manager or players.

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:07 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
The issues I have with ten hag are all about the coaching. Can’t think of one area we’ve improved. We struggle to score goals, we are horrific at defending, we’re wide open, we’re not massively effective on the break, we have huge gaps in midfield. We’re £#%&!ing awful and so easy to play against 90% of the time. That against Brentford was truly disgraceful. But truthfully, we’ve struggled to look decent against teams like Newport and Wigan.

I see no reason to keep him if a decent name comes up. Just hope we don’t go down the Dutch road ever again - manager or players.
I'm not sure what counter argument anyone could offer against that. It's really that simple.

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:26 AM
redhegemony

It's an odd one. He still effectively clearing out those not good enough but hasn't yet replaced so we have ended up weaker in terms of numbers. Two of the replacements who looked quality last year Casimero and Varanne seemed to have aged very quickly to the point where the Scottish player with all his limitations is in front of Casimero.

Mount Martinez Shaw and Malacia have all had long term injuries leading to a disastrous back 4 and having to flog Garnacho and keep Rashford playing when he doesn't merit being picked.

In flashes we have played some nice football but it's so inconsistent and there seems a real lack of confidence. We shouldn't be reliant on Garnacho Rasmus and Mainoo to the extent we are. That's really the problem - the lack of quality senior players throughout.
I'd give him one more year to complete the clearing out and bringing in better footballers Antony aside (and he has got better) the players coming in have been a massive improvement on what we had. He'll be leaving the squad in much better shape than the one he took over whenever he goes.

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
It's an odd one. He still effectively clearing out those not good enough but hasn't yet replaced so we have ended up weaker in terms of numbers. Two of the replacements who looked quality last year Casimero and Varanne seemed to have aged very quickly to the point where the Scottish player with all his limitations is in front of Casimero.

Mount Martinez Shaw and Malacia have all had long term injuries leading to a disastrous back 4 and having to flog Garnacho and keep Rashford playing when he doesn't merit being picked.

In flashes we have played some nice football but it's so inconsistent and there seems a real lack of confidence. We shouldn't be reliant on Garnacho Rasmus and Mainoo to the extent we are. That's really the problem - the lack of quality senior players throughout.
I'd give him one more year to complete the clearing out and bringing in better footballers Antony aside (and he has got better) the players coming in have been a massive improvement on what we had. He'll be leaving the squad in much better shape than the one he took over whenever he goes.
It’s because we’re seeing far less of him.

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:41 AM
shenwen

Fed up of hearing about injuries. A good manager works around challenges. Finds ways to get the best of what he's got. Not our manager though. Also, I'd love to know how Antony has got better. he's even worse than last season.

I am all for keeping ETH but if what we are seeing on the pitch is his audition for next year then he will quite rightly deserve to be out on his ear. How can anyone not be concerned watching the garbage we've been producing for the entirety of this season and the back of the last one. It's April and we're still on zero goal difference

Two cup finalz though

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:41 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
It’s because we’re seeing far less of him.
He's still worth a place ahead of Rashford

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:43 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Probably isn't, which is quite the inditement for a 83 million pound player.

It's like arguing what's the best - a kick in the teeth or a punch on the nose.

Unread 01-04-2024, 09:49 AM
est.1878

Trying to erase the thought that he looked like had been "Poped" at Brentford.

Unread 01-04-2024, 10:13 AM
jem

Quote:
this is not a standard by which to judge a manchester united player.

Unread 01-04-2024, 10:25 AM
guerreiro

*checks what I voted for last time this came up. Still no and still the right decision. Like the guy, but it’s so £#%&!ing obvious.

Unread 01-04-2024, 11:32 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
It's like arguing what's the best - a kick in the teeth or a punch on the nose.
Dreadful analogy. Who would rather be kicked in the teeth than punched in the nose?!

Unread 01-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Dreadful analogy. Who would rather be kicked in the teeth than punched in the nose?!
Shane MacGowan?

Unread 01-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Glenn Lodbrok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rimmer View Post
The 7-0 should have seen him potted. He shouldn’t have been allowed on the coach home. He should have been relieved of his duties and told to use Uber.

It was quite simply gross misconduct, and a stain on our history which can never be removed.
Spot on. Instant sacking offence. The 7-0 destroyed him.

Unread 01-04-2024, 11:35 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Shane MacGowan?

Unread 01-04-2024, 11:37 AM
Sparky***

Christ

Unread 01-04-2024, 11:48 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
He keeps playing him as we are riddled with injuries or have no other players in his position...
I mean that's just not true tbf. Garnacho is far better on the left, and he could then play his £80-odd million player on the right. Why didn't he? Because he's toilet.

I've been flip flopping about eth for the last few months tbh. The bottom line is we really shouldn't be this £#%&!ing shit. All the positivity and goodwill from the cup game immediately out the window against £#%&!ing Brentford away...

He should be doing a lot better. We know it and he knows it. I have no idea if he'll get next season to do it, but if we have many more performances like Saturday he'll be out the door and can have zero complaints.

What a mess.

Unread 01-04-2024, 12:06 PM
marlo

even Gary Neville and co are all but saying it.

we are shit. Very shit!
I honestly don’t know how anyone can defend him?

As Neville said it’s hard to be as bad as we are. The Brentford keeper was throwing the ball out wide and the player takes once step and he in behind our midfield and running at goal.
We are playing shit teams and not able to do the same…. Think about that!

So we can defend, we can’t attack, we can’t play football, we don’t look like a team.
regardless of injuries we should not be this shit, as we aren’t playing ina. Super league and we are being outplayed by teams like Brentford who are on the longest losing run in Europe.
Enough is enough! He hasn’t got a clue. Since wolves home we have been the same, as open as anything!

As i said we are in big trouble this season. We are 6th and definately not even the 6th best team in the league. 0 goal difference, bottom of our ecl group….

But yeah the manager deserves another year

Unread 01-04-2024, 12:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
That's sound. No problem. They didn't all go in so yeah, sound.

Unread 01-04-2024, 12:46 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
even Gary Neville and co are all but saying it.

we are shit. Very shit!
I honestly don’t know how anyone can defend him?

As Neville said it’s hard to be as bad as we are. The Brentford keeper was throwing the ball out wide and the player takes once step and he in behind our midfield and running at goal.
We are playing shit teams and not able to do the same…. Think about that!

So we can defend, we can’t attack, we can’t play football, we don’t look like a team.
regardless of injuries we should not be this shit, as we aren’t playing ina. Super league and we are being outplayed by teams like Brentford who are on the longest losing run in Europe.
Enough is enough! He hasn’t got a clue. Since wolves home we have been the same, as open as anything!

As i said we are in big trouble this season. We are 6th and definately not even the 6th best team in the league. 0 goal difference, bottom of our ecl group….

But yeah the manager deserves another year
There seems to be fewer people defending him to be fair. I think most people can see that it can't go on any longer and that he'll rightly be replaced in the summer. People are just scared of the options that seem to be available, but it's got to be better than this.