Originally Posted by borsuk
reading's last five results

lost 4-1 at plymouth
1-1 at home to swansea
1-1 away to bristol city
1-1 at home to Scunthorpe
lost 4-2 at home to palace

there are no easy games etc
League form goes out of the window in the cup.

Unread 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM
wonky no

Default Re: reading v dippers

pen?

Unread 02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
pen?

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Ginners

theyve been shocking, strong side too

reading looking more likely to get the winner

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Ginners

where the £#%&! was their keeper going?

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Sloppy

They really are £#%&!ing shit.How they all praise rafa ill never know.

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Tiberian

Yet again you can see why no top class manager has ever trusted Gerrard in a 2 man midfield. Played in there tonight and was utter garbage, no ability to control the game, put the foot on the ball and get his team passing the ball.

Great Footballer when given complete freedom to do as he wishes, but he has never been a great midfielder compared to Keane, Scholes, Vieria in recent years.

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yet again you can see why no top class manager has ever trusted Gerrard in a 2 man midfield. Played in there tonight and was utter garbage, no ability to control the game, put the foot on the ball and get his team passing the ball.

Great Footballer when given complete freedom to do as he wishes, but he has never been a great midfielder compared to Keane, Scholes, Vieria in recent years.
I think it was Sacchi who said pretty much the same thing quite a few years ago. The media still don't seem to get it though.

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Kwik

Widespread relief on rawk

well we didnt loose

Done us proud there lads, full marks.

No shame in getting an away draw in any cup competition

Not really another chance for reading is it haha it's another chance for us

Nick a draw..bring them home for a beating. Good plan me thinks

Would've taken a replay before the game.

Benitez got his team spot on.

Bring on Tottenham.

A draw in a FA Cup game against a bottom team is nothing bad.

How can you blame Rafa for this? Jesus Christ.

That's the worst refereeing I've ever seen!

In line with the other superfans, I think that was a very good result against very dangerous opposition. Their record is impressive with 2 wins out of 24 home games. If we hadn't have put in a brilliant performance they could've made it 3 out of 25. We've clearly turned the corner after our win at Villa. We're brilliant.

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Luffy

I'm actually worried rafa will lose his job soon. I'm not sure what I want more, his reign of hilarity to continue or to see the rafa faithful crushed by the almighty sack-hammer and Lfc fork out £20m or whatever to pay him off!

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I think it was Sacchi who said pretty much the same thing quite a few years ago. The media still don't seem to get it though.
He scores goals, and consistently creates spectacular highlights. But the best he has played in his career has been in the last 3 years as a forward and his spell on the right wing 4-5 years ago, during which Andy Gray specifically continually whined about him not being played infield.

Lampard used to be the same, got forward, had shots contributed little else, but he has actually progressed as a footballer, improved his touch, expanded his passing game and is now a very capable all rounder.

Gerrard to those who do not analyse his game appears to have everything a top midfielder needs, all the physical tools, can hit a shot, strike a pass, but he is tactically a real problem to his own team when given defensive responsibility and relies to much on the spectacular rather than consistency. Benitez has used him superbly, given him the platform to do what he does best.

Unread 02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Sandman

Quote:
He scores goals, and consistently creates spectacular highlights. But the best he has played in his career has been in the last 3 years as a forward and his spell on the right wing 4-5 years ago, during which Andy Gray specifically continually whined about him not being played infield.

Lampard used to be the same, got forward, had shots contributed little else, but he has actually progressed as a footballer, improved his touch, expanded his passing game and is now a very capable all rounder.

Gerrard to those who do not analyse his game appears to have everything a top midfielder needs, all the physical tools, can hit a shot, strike a pass, but he is tactically a real problem to his own team when given defensive responsibility and relies to much on the spectacular rather than consistency. Benitez has used him superbly, given him the platform to do what he does best.
That's why he couldn't form a good partnership with Lampard for England. To think they pushed Scholes out of position as well.

Unread 02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

There is not a single Liverpool fan who will believe that

Unread 02-01-2010, 10:01 PM
borsuk

i've said much the same about gerrard for ages. he shouldn't be classed as a midfielder at club level at all. in the right set up he is a devastating player, though.

Unread 02-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i've said much the same about gerrard for ages. he shouldn't be classed as a midfielder at club level at all. in the right set up he is a devastating player, though.
My boss is a QPR fan - He thinks i'm just being jealous when I say Gerrard isn't a midfielder

Unread 02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
History

Thats why he's put out on the left for england i might add.

He's given quite a free role due to the fact he can come inside when rooney naturally drifts towards left, therefore leaving him and a striker to link up in the way he does for liverpool.
Closed Thread