United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Ian Wright in 'Talking sense' Shocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
But with us it's all "our boys going into battle" this and "once more unto the breach dear friends" that. The rest of the world must look at us and wonder what they put in the £#%&!ing water over here.
I was almost cringing behind the sofa at that bit with Brian Blessed.
It's just a total embarrassment.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I was almost cringing behind the sofa at that bit with Brian Blessed.
It's just a total embarrassment.
I hate war. And i hate the idea that war is something to glorify anyway. The idea that you should use war connotations when talking about a bunch of intellectually stunted millionaires kicking a ball around a bit of grass is quite frankly insulting to me.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Sloane

Quote:
I hate war. And i hate the idea that war is something to glorify anyway. The idea that you should use war connotations when talking about a bunch of intellectually stunted millionaires kicking a ball around a bit of grass is quite frankly insulting to me.
i agree with that and the others posts about the dick heads dressing as soldiers etc and people who bring up the war and nazis whenever germany are involved and argentina as well

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Mr_Ed

Do we still have that 90 minute rule in the UK... The nugget introduced by Howard Wilkinson where if a player lived more than 90 minutes from the club he couldn't play for them...

Basically cutting the net which our academies in the North West can choose from and leaving the larger pool in the south to the teams down there... If that is still in place is it any wonder the clubs look abroad where they can get the best young players?

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Do we still have that 90 minute rule in the UK... The nugget introduced by Howard Wilkinson where if a player lived more than 90 minutes from the club he couldn't play for them...
I believe so, yes. Fergie has ranted about it on more than one occasion, and he is 100% spot on

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Absolutely, I don't view it as 'racist'. It's far worse than that. It's trivialising something as important, heroic (in the REAL sense) & tragic as the Second World War.
All those people that died during the conflict, all the sacrifices, the bravery (again, in the REAL sense of the word)

It is absolutely £#%&!ing disgusting that the Tabloid papers attempt to link a game of Football with War....& yet when England lose to a better side ffs they get all sanctimonious & tell the England players to hang their heads in shame etc..

Absolutely vile, hypocritical bastards.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:30 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
The only thing he's arsed about is his dwarf son getting a game and how much he's getting paid for that 300 words of bleeding obviousness.
Hate to say this, but I agree with Carlers.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Absolutely, I don't view it as 'racist'. It's far worse than that. It's trivialising something as important, heroic (in the REAL sense) & tragic as the Second World War.
All those people that died during the conflict, all the sacrifices, the bravery (again, in the REAL sense of the word)

It is absolutely £#%&!ing disgusting that the Tabloid papers attempt to link a game of Football with War....& yet when England lose to a better side ffs they get all sanctimonious & tell the England players to hang their heads in shame etc..

tbf you called bayern nazis after we got knocked out

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:38 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Hate to say this, but I agree with Carlers.
Shut up you berk.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Shut up you berk.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Yes, but I didn't put it on the front page of a National newspaper. I didn't post on the morning of the game "Are we ready for the Hun tonight lads?" etc.. I said it in anger after the game, I wasn't the only one either.

Besides, the least those £#%&!ing cheating @#%&!s deserved that night was being called Nazis.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:44 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
That was funny.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Besides, the least those £#%&!ing cheating @#%&!s deserved that night was being called Nazis.

'i mentioned it once, but i think i got away with it'

not with sloaners about you didn't

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

The irony being that the biggest cheat on the night was a French surrender monkey.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Yep. Remember the front pages during Euro 96 with the players shown wearing WW2 helmets etc.? £#%&!ing disgusting and a total embarrassment to the whole country. I had German friends later that same year at uni who had seen that and been completely baffled - in their minds football and war simply have no connection whatsoever. It feels like it's even worse now, with the BBC getting Brian Blessed to quote from Henry V. I mean, I know that was probably meant tongue-in-cheek but they're still acting like we're sending the players off to bravely and selflessly defend our honour.

Unread 30-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Child of Darkness

at the risk of stating the completely obvious - you dont think Ian wright actually wrote that do you?

@#%&! is thick as £#%&! - the @#%&!

Unread 30-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
at the risk of stating the completely obvious - you dont think Ian wright actually wrote that do you?

Unread 30-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

@#%&! is thick as £#%&! - the @#%&!
Yes.

But Probably with his feet. In his own shit.

On the walls of his enclosure.

Unread 30-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Yes.

But Probably with his feet. In his own shit.

On the walls of his enclosure.

Closed Thread