United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Is the 3-2 win good enough to take us through?
Yes - we always score at least one goal we are in a great position 32 84.21%
No - conceding two goals is problem, kaka is too dangerous it doesnt look good 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default Is it enough

A win but two goals conceded - will it be enough?

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:41 PM
jem's kind streak

Default we'll win over there

if fergie plays £#%&!ing smith like he should have tonight.

and drops heinze.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:42 PM
silv

heinze will play left back and we'll still win!

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Prideofalleurope

I reckon we'll get at least a draw

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:45 PM
chorleyred

chance of rio and vidic being back in 8 days? vid back in training, rio will be 3 days short of the 2 weeks.

gary nev back this weekend?

we've got a great chance if any of the above can happen

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:45 PM
jem's kind streak

Default thing is

tonight would have sunk milan if we'd defended even vaguely competently and played with two strikers.

I think they will need to do more than rest all their players this week-end.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:47 PM
tatty

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet so we're going to have to go and attack them.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:50 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem's kind streak
tonight would have sunk milan if we'd defended even vaguely competently and played with two strikers.

yep but we had a shit back four and still won.

against ac milan.

we are going to hammer milan, chelsea, chelsea and chelsea/liverpool

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:50 PM
jem's kind streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I can't see us keeping a clean sheet so we're going to have to go and attack them.
I agree.

fergie won't though. the @#%&!.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I didnt see much to be scared of. Milan have one dangerous player, but their defense is slow and we were able to get by them on enough occassions tonight for me to be pretty confident on us getting more goals over there.

Thing is, we can score two goals over there i'm sure but i dont think they will get 3 against us.

I think it's looking good. We need to attack them, if we try to defend for 90 we'll end up in some trouble and i think we all know that.

Unread 24-04-2007, 09:58 PM
chorleyred

you're all forgetting how we play away in europe, it's not over by a long way

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Tiberian

Sit back and invite them on, and it may not be. We should look to surprise them form the off, go at them hard put them on the back foot. We score the first goal and we will be in control of the match, and then we could murder them on the counter.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:17 PM
edwin

The fact that nil nil is no longer good enough for them is a big boost for us.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:27 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem's kind streak

Which team can defend competently in a European semi final against a top side with 3 of the first choice back 4 out injured?! Give the lads a break, I thought it was a heroic effort.

I thought the tactics were spot on. No need for another striker. Fletcher in midfield helped to boss the game in the second half and Rooney showed that he's capable of playing down the middle as long as Ronaldo and Giggs were getting high up the pitch on the flanks.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:29 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Which team can defend competently in a European semi final against a top side with 3 of the first choice back 4 out injured?! Give the lads a break, I thought it was a heroic effort.

I thought the tactics were spot on. No need for another striker. Fletcher in midfield helped to boss the game in the second half and Rooney showed that he's capable of playing down the middle as long as Ronaldo and Giggs were getting high up the pitch on the flanks.
Personally think that Rooney is better off playing as pure front man. For all the talk off him being a link player the technical side of his game is at the moment not quite at the level you need for that sort of role. Further forward though he gets onto passes, unsettles defenders and uses his strength and pace to better effect.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:34 PM
jem's kind streak

Default but

he gets more space with a strike partner.

£#%&! being a link man.

he looks more like a missing link, man.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:41 PM
borsuk

that goal in the last minute was worth a lot. our tails are up, milan's are down.

we'll go there full of belief.

and we'll roll them over.

Unread 24-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Argentina

No one game performance is enough to win a two leg tie.
A good performance in Milan will be enough to see us through

Unread 25-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
you're all forgetting how we play away in europe, it's not over by a long way
Know what you mean there but i think fergie is coming round to the fact that we are simply a better team attacking.

Thinking about this a bit more they *might* try to make this a really tight game over there and try to nick a 1-0.

Could be a real nail biter this unless we get a couple of early goals. I'd bet on a 0-0 half time, i think it's going to be really cagey, just hope united dont fall into a false sense of securty and then have kaka spring a surprise late on.

Unread 25-04-2007, 08:14 AM
armchair

ha ha ha - jem calls for smith!

could you not get rico in there somewhere too you tactical genius?!
Closed Thread