United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-10-2010, 10:35 AM
borsuk

Default Re: N'Zogbia would be a good signing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
I am surprised borsuk hasn't said anything about the original post. shite like gibson and brown
brown was a great player but injuries have taken a pretty hard toll. he should be looking for a move himself, he's not good enough for united these days but too good to be farting about in the reserves. i'd never call him shit though, i like wes a lot.

Unread 17-10-2010, 11:56 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
At what? Gibson can score, O'shea can suck dick and Neville has done something once....Anderson is NOTHING, he does NOTHING
Actually, he was doing perfectly well yesterday - not brilliantly, but more than adequate - until he was moved out of position in order to accommodate £#%&!ing Gibson

Unread 17-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Coracao

Time to call back Welbeck or Cleverley and give them a chance to play a sustained period of games on the left.

Obertan and Bebe aren't even getting on the bench ffs.

Unread 17-10-2010, 12:50 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Time to call back Welbeck or Cleverley and give them a chance to play a sustained period of games on the left.

Obertan and Bebe aren't even getting on the bench ffs.
Really baffling signings now tbh.

It's like they clearly aren't good enough for Ferie.So who sanctioned the signings?

Unread 17-10-2010, 12:57 PM
rafabio

dare we say fergie had something to gain from those signings?

Unread 17-10-2010, 01:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
dare we say fergie had something to gain from those signings?
It just seems very odd.

Two left wingers, one was touted as the next big thing in France but he looks totally useless and doesnt get a game.He cant even control a ball from what I've seen.He's had plenty of time but he's nowhere near the first team.Why is that?

The other was also came highly recommended.Then we hear all the stories (iirc) that we could've got him for much less cash, that he was a homeless bum etc and again, he isn't getting a sniff.

Did the same person

a) reccomend both players

and/or

b) broker the deals and make cash from them?

If so, then it's obvious what is going on.

Unread 17-10-2010, 01:27 PM
borsuk

bebe has been here two minutes ffs and fergie has been very clear about his development (football and otherwise) and the plans they have for him.

obertan was signed from a reserve side for bobbins. if it doesn't work out then there's no mystery, just a punt that didn't work out. not the first, won't be the last.

Unread 17-10-2010, 01:28 PM
RedMenace

In fairness after the game he said Bebe was carrying a knock. I think Obertan has been pretty shit in the Reserves lately so isn't being selected. He was touted as the next big thing when he was 16 or 17 and Fergie has said we were interested in him then, I don't think he's really progressed since then. I can see why Blanc was surprised we were in for him. He only cost £3m anyway.

Unread 17-10-2010, 01:36 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
bebe has been here two minutes ffs and fergie has been very clear about his development (football and otherwise) and the plans they have for him.

obertan was signed from a reserve side for bobbins. if it doesn't work out then there's no mystery, just a punt that didn't work out. not the first, won't be the last.
But the £7m + (was it?) on Bebe could've gone on or towards a player that we need now.

It was too much cash for a future prospect imo.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Sparky***

£#%&!ing tragic. How our tune has changed eh?

summer 2009 - '£80m to spend! who we gonna buy? Villa? Silva? Eto'o?'

Oh, michael owen.

Summer 2010 - 'who we going to buy to improve the team? That ozil looks a player, what about khadeira? David Silva is still available, what about van der vaart?'

Oh, homeless maxi priest and the mexican boy.

October 2010 - '£#%&! it, how much is n'zogbia?'

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh, homeless maxi priest and the mexican boy.

October 2010 - '£#%&! it, how much is n'zogbia?'

ffs

Seeing as this is turning into a thread about players you'd take from other clubs...

The Korean Lee at Bolton, who I've mentioned before, still looks like twice the attacking player Park is & would keep the readies rolling in if we flogged Ji-Sung imo.

Coleman at Everton continue to impress.

Not many others immediately stand out from the other sides down the league tbh.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:37 PM
koppas

I'd take Tim Cahill in a heartbeat.

Wouldnt mind seeing him in the shirt either.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:39 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I'd take Tim Cahill in a heartbeat.

Wouldnt mind seeing him in the shirt either.
Him or Arteta.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:43 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Him or Arteta.
Swap them both for Rooney tbh.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Whalefish

Coleman, Arteta, Modric, Lee, Palacios or Cattermole (just for a bit of bite in the middle of the pitch)

That all said and done, seeing Eikrem and Oblong starting a few games would do. The latter looks to have something - apart from a weird head - but he won't develop further by playing for the stiffs. Eikrem looks a little class but difficult to tell if he can make the step up, deserves a chance at least. The fact he can actually take a set piece - corner or free kick - should give him a head start!

Unread 17-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

That all said and done, seeing Eikrem and Oblong starting a few games would do. The latter looks to have something - apart from a weird head - but he won't develop further by playing for the stiffs. Eikrem looks a little class but difficult to tell if he can make the step up, deserves a chance at least. The fact he can actually take a set piece - corner or free kick - should give him a head start!
Obertan is an odd one, looks a very classy player in the reserves, plays with the head up, good snappy short passing, links up well with the full back on whatever side he is playing. He never seems to hurt teams though, lovely approach play but then nothing in the final third, lays it off for someone else to take responsibility.

I wonder about his mentality, some of his sub appearances last year the pressure seemed to get to him, as MC intimated earlier the ball was bouncing off him, and all that composure he can show went missing.

Nani has been excellent, he can not start every game though, and he will have periods when he drops a level. Utd need attacking alternatives.

Playing Macheda on the wing is not the answer, the example of Rooney is a different one, quicker and more adaptable at that age.

Eikrem still looks very physically weak, talented passer of a ball though.

Unread 17-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Obertan is an odd one, looks a very classy player in the reserves, plays with the head up, good snappy short passing, links up well with the full back on whatever side he is playing. He never seems to hurt teams though, lovely approach play but then nothing in the final third, lays it off for someone else to take responsibility.

I wonder about his mentality, some of his sub appearances last year the pressure seemed to get to him, as MC intimated earlier the ball was bouncing off him, and all that composure he can show went missing.

Nani has been excellent, he can not start every game though, and he will have periods when he drops a level. Utd need attacking alternatives.

Playing Macheda on the wing is not the answer, the example of Rooney is a different one, quicker and more adaptable at that age.

Eikrem still looks very physically weak, talented passer of a ball though.
The decision to loan Cleverley out, isn't looking very Clever right now. I'd rather he was called back ASAP and integrated into the side. Finishing 3rd or 4th would be a lot more acceptable if we were actually giving youngsters an opportunity...

Unread 17-10-2010, 06:53 PM
borsuk

cleverley will surely get chances in the new year

Unread 17-10-2010, 06:57 PM
RedMenace

Yeah obviously Cleverley can't be called back til January and it's already been said by Fergie and Martinez that he probably will be so no point going on about him until then.

Unread 17-10-2010, 07:02 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
cleverley will surely get chances in the new year
Can't wait. He's gonna make all the difference.
Closed Thread