United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2014, 11:31 PM
CyrilSkeer

Default Brad Friedel, a bit of a @#%&!.

Two sides to every story, but wouldn't surprise one bit with that snidey scouse bastard

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

Unread 03-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Ginners

howard has an autobiography? £#%&!ing hell. grimson will be doing one next

Unread 03-12-2014, 11:47 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer
Two sides to every story, but wouldn't surprise one bit with that snidey scouse bastard

To be fair I wish he had #porto2004

Unread 03-12-2014, 11:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilSkeer

sounds like %@#$&!s to me. friedel is supposed to be a decent bloke, and why would he be hugging him if he'd done that to him?

Unread 03-12-2014, 11:54 PM
red in cumbria

Its the Daily Mail, so probably is shite tbh.

Unread 03-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Switching Off

Sounds like handbags between the netminders.

Unread 04-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Mr_Ed

Tbh Brad probably thought him rude because TH kept telling him to £#%&! off

Unread 04-12-2014, 12:17 AM
jem

ridculous system, but keepers' union rules would never let this be true.

Unread 04-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
sounds like %@#$&!s to me. friedel is supposed to be a decent bloke, and why would he be hugging him if he'd done that to him?
It's mostly made up/exaggerated by Howard. Friedel did refuse to sign the work permit appeal letter that Howard's team wrote, but only because it was a bad letter full of exaggerations, if not outright lies, about Howard's standing at the time with the US National Team (which is always a big part of work permit appeals).

Unread 04-12-2014, 08:05 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's mostly made up/exaggerated by Howard. Friedel did refuse to sign the work permit appeal letter that Howard's team wrote, but only because it was a bad letter full of exaggerations, if not outright lies, about Howard's standing at the time with the US National Team (which is always a big part of work permit appeals).
There are suspicions that Howard drafted the letter himself. The handwritten script has a number unexplained squiggles like a heart beat monitor and read - "This @#%&! is the number £#%&!ing one goalkeeper in the US £#%&!ing A."

Unread 04-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Lok

I worked at Brad Friedel's wedding. He got married at Knowsley Hall about 15 years ago.

Just after the ceremony the guest came into one of the other halls where we were waiting to serve champagne. I had a tray with about 20 glasses on it and the @#%&!s all came at once and took glasses from one side of the tray before I could reposition the others. The result? I ended up dropping the tray and smashing glasses everywhere. I was abolished to the 'basement' as punishment and told I had to wash glasses.

More fool them because that was a much easier job then waiting on them @#%&!s.

True story.

Gabby Logan was there and she looked stunning back then.

Unread 04-12-2014, 09:28 AM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Howard says: 'Man U told us that Friedel had refused to submit a statement on my behalf
"Man U" :shakehead:

Unread 04-12-2014, 09:33 AM
HotChip

Friedel obviously wanted to keep the USA jersey. Howard coming to the prem would improve him. Straight forward really.

Unread 04-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I worked at Brad Friedel's wedding. He got married at Knowsley Hall about 15 years ago.

Just after the ceremony the guest came into one of the other halls where we were waiting to serve champagne. I had a tray with about 20 glasses on it and the @#%&!s all came at once and took glasses from one side of the tray before I could reposition the others. The result? I ended up dropping the tray and smashing glasses everywhere. I was abolished to the 'basement' as punishment and told I had to wash glasses.

True story.

The basement gimp

Unread 04-12-2014, 09:46 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
howard has an autobiography? £#%&!ing hell
That's its actual title.

Unread 04-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's its actual title.

Unread 04-12-2014, 10:16 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

True story.

always hold a tray on both sides, not underneath. :shakehead:

Unread 04-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
always hold a tray on both sides, not underneath. :shakehead:
We had to hold them from underneath. It's £#%&!ing hard to hold one with loads of glasses on them, it's impossible when the tray becomes unbalanced.

Unread 04-12-2014, 10:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We had to hold them from underneath. It's £#%&!ing hard to hold one with loads of glasses on them, it's impossible when the tray becomes unbalanced.
indeed. hence my advice.

Unread 04-12-2014, 11:00 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
indeed. hence my advice.
Didn't have a choice pal. If I wanted my £2.60 an hour, I had to do it that way
Closed Thread