United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Cream

Default Will HMS Ozil fit in Mourinho's bottle?

Some think he's the final piece of the midfield jigsaw, others not so sure.

Lots of folk appear concerned that his inclusion would affect Pogba.

Begs the question: why is Pogba so difficult to fit into a team? Has to be played in a certain position, otherwise he becomes John O'Shea?

Consensus so far: great player, would unbalance the side.

Thoughts?

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:59 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Özil or Pogba? Or both?

Don't think we need Özil. Some energy and class alongside Matic and a freer role for Pogba would be better.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Switching Off

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:08 AM
20 times

Don’t want him. Get a proper central midfielder.

Oh and it’s Oezil

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:13 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Begs the question: why is Pogba so difficult to fit into a team? Has to be played in a certain position, otherwise he becomes John O'Shea?

Thoughts?

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:18 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Oh and it’s Oezil

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:33 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Thoughts?
Nice attempt at a proper football thread pal. Very nice.

For a small fee I’ll post a couple of things about Oezil and you’ll have a 10-pager about Mourinho on your hands in no time.

Let me know.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Don’t want him. Get a proper central midfielder.

Oh and it’s Oezil
This.

Keeper

Defence

R New Midfielder
C Matic
L Pogba

L Martial
R Sanchez
C lukaku

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Zorg

Good player, Erzil. Make it so.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:41 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
This.

Keeper

Defence

R New Midfielder
C Matic
L Pogba

L Martial
R Sanchez
C lukaku
Who is the midfielder?

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Who is the midfielder?
No idea pal, but I think Matic and pogba need some help in there. An upgrade on Fellaini and Herrera. I think Pogba is best left of a three, with a little more license to roam. He looked effective there against Everton.

We're running Matic in to the ground and we don't look the same when Fellaini or Herrera slot in there.

We have plenty of players who can play that Ozil role now: Lingard, Sanchez, Mata. We can go with two up top when we need to, but there's as shortage of quality depth in central midfield.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:53 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Great player on his day no question, but I'd rather we shelled on a second top class holding player (Jorginho or Seri) to free up Pogba to wander about further up the pitch than pay top dollar for another lightweight attacking midfielder.

I appreciate it shouldn't be an either / or for a club our size, but I think we all know that if we ended up shelling out the thick end of a million a week on salaries for 2 free transfers in two windows, we wouldn't be spending a lot else with these owners, probably be lucky to get that Dendoncker from Anderlecht.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:55 AM
20 times

Quote:
No idea pal, but I think Matic and pogba need some help in there. An upgrade on Fellaini and Herrera. I think Pogba is best left of a three, with a little more license to roam. He looked effective there against Everton.

We're running Matic in to the ground and we don't look the same when Fellaini or Herrera slot in there.

We have plenty of players who can play that Ozil role now: Lingard, Sanchez, Mata. We can go with two up top when we need to, but there's as shortage of quality depth in central midfield.
Postage

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Luffy

Ozil would probably be incredible in the role lingard is currently playing.

Ozil, Sanchez and Pogba creating chances for Lukaku would be a world apart from lingard and mata struggling to get a cross in or pass forward.

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

He'd be a clear upgrade on Mata however I'd like to see us move to a 433 system to give Pogba the freedom to go box to box which is what he's best at without leaving big gaps

Playing 3 in midfield would mean one less attacker so not sure there's space for another superstar attacker who would expect to play every week

One of the issues I've had with Jose is his insistence on 4231 when it doesn't suit the guy he £#%&!ed 90 mill on

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He'd be a clear upgrade on Mata however I'd like to see us move to a 433 system to give Pogba the freedom to go box to box which is what he's best at without leaving big gaps

Playing 3 in midfield would mean one less attacker so not sure there's space for another superstar attacker who would expect to play every week

One of the issues I've had with Jose is his insistence on 4231 when it doesn't suit the guy he *****ed 90 mill on
Umm..... 👆

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:19 PM
jem

Quote:
Umm..... 👆
tbf, sages have been saying this for a while. we've had a series of managers who have resolutely refused to pick a balanced midfield.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
tbf, sages have been saying this for a while. we've had a series of managers who have resolutely refused to pick a balanced midfield.
Continuity from Freggle

About the only thing that hasn't changed.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
We really have.
Closed Thread