Originally Posted by Tiberian
Scouts did LVG dirty again.

This one is on Memphis I'm afraid.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This one is on Memphis I'm afraid.
Is it? read a few pieces on here with people questioning his attitude, not really seeing that problem in his game in truth. He bulked(muscle not fat) up over the summer before he joined Utd, not certain how it affected his game but he looked sluggish for most of that first season.

He had potential yes, but that is a major part of my problem with LVG and his transfers, chucked out Nani for a pittance to replace him for big money, at the time, with a lesser talent.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Is it? read a few pieces on here with people questioning his attitude, not really seeing that problem in his game in truth. He bulked(muscle not fat) up over the summer before he joined Utd, not certain how it affected his game but he looked sluggish for most of that first season.

He had potential yes, but that is a major part of my problem with LVG and his transfers, chucked out Nani for a pittance to replace him for big money, at the time, with a lesser talent.
Schneiderlin
Memphis
Di Maria

= £111m wasted

plopborsky

Quote:

He [Van Gaal] told me that, if I wanted to stay to fight for a position, then good but I would not be his first option or maybe even the second,” Nani said.
I said: ‘No. I have been here for many years, I have been very important to this club and I think it’s time to decide.’ I wanted to play every game in the starting XI.

Nani:

“He and his assistant would shout at players like we were kids, like 18-year-olds,” he told the Sunday Times.

“And I would think, ‘This is not the way to treat us because I am professional. I am training every day, and I am doing nothing wrong.

“It’s difficult to play football when somebody is saying ‘Come on! You must pass the ball like this, blah, blah, blah.’ It’s crazy, because football is instinct and decision. It’s what you see.”

red in cumbria

He looked the real deal at the last WC, I know that is difficult to believe now.

Bunker Buster

Quote:

He wasn't a lesser talent as Nani though....

He was the hottest prospect in European football...

He'd been watched by united for a few years, so we shouldn't take these punts on your Memphis / Di Maria etc...in case it doesn't work..

Your pogbas etc

Oh.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:56 PM
dunk

Quote:

No one, absolutely no one, complained at the signing of Memphis.

Nani had barely played for United in 2 years when LvG arrived and asked to be loaned to Sporting.

Hindsight and agenda Tibs. Memphis started brightly but there was far too much onus for a kid making such a huge move and it's eaten him up. He's got plenty of talent and we've seen flashes, just couldn't do it regularly. I'm shocked we're giving up so easily tbh, but then Mourinho doesn't £#%&! about with young players. I'm sure his replacement will be far from cheap as well.

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Clarkie

I admit, I hadn't a clue about Depay before he joined us but, a few of my good mates were convinced we'd win the league, with him leading the charge. That's how highly they rated him and two of them aren't even United fans, so I'm gonna assume he had the talent.

I just never saw it with him.
Hope he gets his career back on track

Unread 18-01-2017, 07:59 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He wasn't a lesser talent as Nani though....

He was the hottest prospect in European football...

He'd been watched by united for a few years, so we shouldn't take these punts on your Memphis / Di Maria etc...in case it doesn't work..

Your pogbas etc

Oh.
Manchester United[146]
Premier League: 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
Football League Cup: 2008–09, 2009–10
FA Community Shield: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

yeah nani was no where near as good as memph

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Manchester United[146]
Premier League: 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
Football League Cup: 2008–09, 2009–10
FA Community Shield: 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

yeah nani was no where near as good as memph
You stupid stupid @#%&!.....

Nani hadn't played for around 2 seasons regularly, Memphis had just won the Dutch league as highest scorer...

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:01 PM
believe

Quote:

Nani hadn't played for around 2 seasons regularly, Memphis had just won the Dutch league as highest scorer...
Do you know where he finished in the Dutch Male Athlete of the year award?

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

Which begs the question, why in God's name was he given that contract?

Made no sense

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Do you know where he finished in the Dutch Male Athlete of the year award?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutc...an_of_the_year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Which begs the question, why in God's name was he given that contract?

Made no sense
What contract ?

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Moyes giving Nani a new 5 year deal.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Moyes gave Nani a five year contract and more money, despite the fact he wasn't playing him.

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Moyes giving Nani a new 5 year deal.
Thought he was on about Memph..

Nani was to get some £

Unread 18-01-2017, 08:08 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Thought he was on about Memph..