United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:06 AM
utd for ever

Default Fergie back for Berbatov

Exclusive by John Cross 19/12/2007

Sir Alex Ferguson has stepped up his efforts to sign Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov by offering Wes Brown and Louis Saha - plus £6million in exchange.

Fergie wants to push through a January move for Berbatov after failing with his initial bid for the Bulgaria striker in the summer.

The Manchester United manager refuses to be put off, and is now hoping Berbatov's recent unrest at White Hart Lane will smooth the path to a move.

While Fergie is willing to negotiate, Spurs want United's Portuguese winger Nani to be part of any deal involving their star striker.
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

But United are adamant that Nani, who joined for £17million from Sporting Lisbon, is staying at Old Trafford and Fergie has no interest in making the 20-year-old part of the deal.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos has pleaded with Berbatov to give his White Hart Lane career until at least the end of the season because the club do not want him to go.

Brown's United future is up in the air after he rejected their final offer of £50,000 a week.

The England defender is out of contract in June and free to talk to other clubs from January 1.

Fergie has decided he can no longer relay on Saha, who has struggled for fitness in the past 18 months, and is willing to offload him after four injury-hit years at United.

Berbatov was unsettled over his failure to secure a move to United - but has been back among the goals.

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Paul Mcgrath

Meh.

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Spiffy

Let me make a prediction that will haunt me forever. Berbatov is not the man we need.

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Let me make a prediction that will haunt me forever. Berbatov is not the man we need.
I'll jump into that too.

Agree.

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
add "or want" and i'm in too.

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'll jump into that too.

Agree.
I'll dive into the deepest swimming pool in the world and concur at the top of my voice.

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Bishovetz

Hope the water's not too cold, whaley.

Unread 19-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Whalefish

I'll be fine Bish, I'll be wearing my pyjamas.

Unread 19-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I've managed to chain myself to the bottom of this swimming pool and I'm not coming up until Berba signs a new contract with Spurs.

Unread 19-12-2007, 10:04 AM
marlo stansfield

i hope this is not true.

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Harri Jaffa

Let's hope we don't confirm this deal for at least another 2 weeks when The Power is back...

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Billy Baroo

i think he'd be magnificent for us

a target man who has sublime passing to play people in

i think he could be a devastating foil on the break

there, i've said it

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Whalefish

Can't hear you Billy, I'm at the bottom of a very deep swimming pool.

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:19 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Can't hear you Billy, I'm at the bottom of a very deep swimming pool.
are you diving for a rubber brick in your PJ's?

you know i'm making sense

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:22 AM
keano's love

Brilliant on his day.

Can he do it day in day out? Tevez didn't do it at west ham... rooney doesn't do it for us... torres doesn't do it for liverpool.

So benefit of doubt says that berbatov will be better with rooney, tevez, ronaldo, giggs, anderson, nani, hargreaves,scholes ,carrick rather than bent,keane, defoe, jenas, zakora, malbronque, lennon around him.

If we can sell the junk and get in quality player, all the better.

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Spiffy

Quote:

I've often wondered why people do that. When was the last time you heard of someone drowning whilst diving for a plastic brick in their pyjamas? Much better to train them to handle a lilo that drifts out to sea or train them to swim in strong currents.

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
i do fancy a bit of pace too, obviously

Mr Toilethead, it is to train you for being pissed up on holiday, dropping your phone in the pool and then having to retrieve it fully clad

so in essence it is a life skill more beneficial than algebra for 99% of UK males

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
i think he'd be magnificent for us

a target man who has sublime passing to play people in

i think he could be a devastating foil on the break

there, i've said it
i agree. he is a class act. Deceptively quick too

Unread 19-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Brilliant on his day.

Can he do it day in day out? Tevez didn't do it at west ham... rooney doesn't do it for us... torres doesn't do it for liverpool.

So benefit of doubt says that berbatov will be better with rooney, tevez, ronaldo, giggs, anderson, nani, hargreaves,scholes ,carrick rather than bent,keane, defoe, jenas, zakora, malbronque, lennon around him.

If we can sell the junk and get in quality player, all the better.
Back in his day? You mean last season?
Closed Thread