United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Switching Off

Football Graham Bean @footballfactors (non league stuff)

You might remember this fool from his short lived role as a bung buster ten or so years ago at the FA. He now runs an advisory company and represents football clubs in arbitration cases.

He's recently taken to representing Northwich Victoria, who were relegated two divisions by the EvoStik league in the summer (reduced to one on appeal).

The reason Vics were relegated is because they have tens of thousands of unpaid bills, including a large amount to the taxman, and £12,000 to a SCHOOL in Altrincham. Despite not paying these bills, they managed to fund a weekly wage bill of £4,000 last season

Having agreed a groundshare in principal with Witton for this season (they lost their ground after being unable to find the money to buy it outright, despite apparently being "95% complete" for the past five years ) they just stopped contact, without telling anyone at Witton.

Anyway, they decided that instead of playing in Northwich, they'd play home matches at Stafford Rangers ground, an 84 mile round trip from Northwich. They are currently averaging attendances of about 70, which goes towards renting the ground, but are "making good money on the tea hut and in the bar"

The aim is for them to play in Flixton from next season, which at least is closer than Stafford :shakehead:

Anyway, now Graham Bean has got involved, and is showing all the signs of a delusional scouser. He wants to take Witton and EvoStik league chairman Mark Harris to court for something he said on Radio Manchester on Friday. Not got an exact transcript but I listened to it and it was along the lines of "We agreed a groundshare for this season but heard nothing further. You'll have to ask my counterpart at Vics why".

Some of you who follow FC might know of Mark, and the esteem in which he is held in non league circles in the North West, and if so, you'll know how ludicrous Bean is when he says this.
Quote:
Graham Bean ‏@FootballFactors
@simmo_on_sport comments by Harris ill judged at present time . We will use them against him in our submissions to the arbitration.

@simmo_on_sport he should consider his position as chairman of the League. He has shown he cannot be impartial in this matter.

Graham Bean ‏@FootballFactors
We will be writing to the NPL lawyers in the strongest possible terms on Monday re Mark Harris radio comments.
Im no Vics fan but it still riles me to see a clown like Rushe refusing to pay bills and then expecting not to be punished, while taking a non league club to play 40 odd miles away. The fans planned a red card protest at the final game of last season, against FC. So Rushe did this:

Probably wont interest most of you, but Bean could easily be a character from RAWK.

Unread 29-10-2012, 04:02 PM
MrBishi

Unread 29-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Whip Hubley

Unread 29-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Switching Off

Unread 29-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Zorg

I read it.

What are his grounds for legal action anyway? Saying something not nice on the radio?

Unread 29-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I read it.

What are his grounds for legal action anyway? Saying something not nice on the radio?

Unread 29-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 29-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Unread 29-10-2012, 06:05 PM
bobbledinho

Unread 29-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Quote:
I read it.

I dont think he knows tbh. He's just full of shit. They've tried a few things that have been thrown out. The league know exactly what Rushe is like and spent a lot of time making sure they were water tight, and had a defence for whatever he threw at them

Here's Mr Bean's two pence worth on Clattenburg. Obviously no need to wait to hear the evidence

Quote:
Refs are a protected species. Pardon the pun but the FA will do FA about Clattenburg. A cosmetic investigation for PR purposes and no action

Unread 29-10-2012, 08:28 PM
MrBishi

I'm sorry, my earlier post was insensitive. Please tell us more about Nantwich.

Unread 29-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I'm sorry, my earlier post was insensitive. Please tell us more about Nantwich.

Unread 29-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
wtf is it doing?

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
wtf is it doing?
Thinking about starting a wordy thread, then deciding to jump face first into a wall instead. Good call tbf.

Unread 29-10-2012, 09:50 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Thinking about starting a wordy thread, then deciding to jump face first into a wall instead. Good call tbf.

Posted one a couple of weeks ago about the corrupt state of Croatian football, people took the piss, shocking behaviour really

Unread 15-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Switching Off

Football

V*cs fans voted overwhelmingly tonight to start a new club. Great for them.

https://twitter.com/simmo_on_sport

Unread 16-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Thumbs up

Quote:
V*cs fans voted overwhelmingly tonight to start a new club. Great for them.

https://twitter.com/simmo_on_sport
It's incredible what's happened at vics over the past few years, good luck to the fans, shame the drill field is no more

Unread 16-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Brenner

Switchers,

I know (and worked with) Mark when I played at Altrincham FC - he was a director, and he's a decent bloke.

I don't know this Mr Bean character tbh, but I have to say, out of the two clubs in Northwich I could have played for - I definitely made the right choice.

Love Albion, Hate Vics.

Closed Thread