United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-11-2012, 03:47 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Switchers,

I know (and worked with) Mark when I played at Altrincham FC - he was a director, and he's a decent bloke.

I don't know this Mr Bean character tbh, but I have to say, out of the two clubs in Northwich I could have played for - I definitely made the right choice.

Love Albion, Hate Vics.

When did you play for Alty, was it under Heathcote?? Regarding Northwich Vics was it then who grassed on Alty over some player they signed or was that Acccrington??

Unread 16-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
When did you play for Alty, was it under Heathcote??
I played there 1999/2000 season, Graham was assistant manager at the time to Joe Pesci (AKA: Bernard Taylor)

Unread 16-11-2012, 05:06 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
I played there 1999/2000 season, Graham was assistant manager at the time to Joe Pesci (AKA: Bernard Taylor)
Bernard Taylor, forgot about him, Heathcote seemed to be there for ages.

Unread 16-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
Bernard Taylor, forgot about him, Heathcote seemed to be there for ages.
He ran the show tbf, Pesci was just a stooge - think he was at Alty for nigh on 30 years in various capacities

Unread 16-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Quote:
Switchers,

I know (and worked with) Mark when I played at Altrincham FC - he was a director, and he's a decent bloke.

Love Albion, Hate Vics.

Lovely man. He went mental on Saturday when Fat Gaz (you might remember him, not sure) pelted a beach ball through a pint glass in Eastwood's club. Never seen him lose his cool before

You need to get yourself back down to WP sometime

Gonna push forward with that thing in the new year.

Unread 16-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Lovely man. He went mental on Saturday when Fat Gaz (you might remember him, not sure) pelted a beach ball through a pint glass in Eastwood's club. Never seen him lose his cool before

You need to get yourself back down to WP sometime

Gonna push forward with that thing in the new year.
I remember Fat Gaz, remember the bear hug I got off him after scoring when he was a steward back in the day :-D

Looking forward to returning in March if it comes off...

Unread 16-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I remember Fat Gaz, remember the bear hug I got off him after scoring when he was a steward back in the day :-D

Looking forward to returning in March if it comes off...
He's bigger now, just drinks pints of G&T on away days and falls asleep by half time :shakehead:

Unread 03-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Switching Off

So the fans club was voted in and then last week they had a meeting to decide on a name. 1874 Northwich was the clear favourite going in and it was fairly obvious the vote would pass, which it did.

The next day it became clear that Graham Bean, a man the FA asked to clean up corruption in the game, had bought various 1874 Northwich domain names to stop the new club getting them

Funny, but what an absolute shit stain.

He's on twitter demanding apologies from fans before considering letting them have the domains. Smaller time than City

good article here: http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=21357

Unread 03-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
So the fans club was voted in and then last week they had a meeting to decide on a name. 1874 Northwich was the clear favourite going in and it was fairly obvious the vote would pass, which it did.

The next day it became clear that Graham Bean, a man the FA asked to clean up corruption in the game, had bought various 1874 Northwich domain names to stop the new club getting them

Funny, but what an absolute shit stain.

He's on twitter demanding apologies from fans before considering letting them have the domains. Smaller time than City

good article here: http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=21357
Quote:
"the name is interlectually property right owned"
Quote:
“It’s just sharp business practice on my part.”
Quote:
“sharp practice” is described by BusinessDictionary.com as “Cunningness, deceit, misrepresentation, trickery, and other unscrupulous behavior just short of the legal definition of fraud.”
£#%&!ing hell
Closed Thread