United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-10-2018, 03:46 PM
andyroo

What £#%&!ing Saudis? It was all earsy on a wum you @#%&!s.

Unread 25-10-2018, 03:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It started as a wum then made the papers.

Ears is ITK?

Unread 25-10-2018, 03:51 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
are you openly suggesting that all the tabloid speculation about Manchester United being bought by Saudi investors, and the sudden jump in share price is all because of a question asked on this forum?

I'd love to take credit for that, however be assured there was no wumming on my part.

Unread 25-10-2018, 03:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
are you openly suggesting that all the tabloid speculation about Manchester United being bought by Saudi investors, and the sudden jump in share price is all because of a question asked on this forum?

I'd love to take credit for that, however be assured there was no wumming on my part.
Yes

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Then it'll be blocked and I'm sure there will be parliamentary debates before you can say 'double standards'.

Also, isn't there a 'fit and proper' thing now that owners must meet?
It’s been around for ages. You can work out for yourself how effective that is.

Quote:
He wasn’t wumming. He didn’t say it was happening or there were rumours. He simply asked how we, as supporters, would feel if they bought us.
The rest is down to a typical lazy journo.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:06 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Then it'll be blocked and I'm sure there will be parliamentary debates before you can say 'double standards'.

Have you seen some of the lot that have "passed" that?

If they want us they'll buy us. Money is no object.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

Actually coming round to the idea if they promise to Khashoggi the Guardian's Jamie Jackson

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Actually coming round to the idea if they promise to Khashoggi the Guardian's Jamie Jackson
I'm all for them going to town on the squad too.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

They weren’t trying to buy Manchester United though...

As if these lot would be allowed to just buy us, people would be in uproar and not just because of their human rights history etc. It would turn us into an absolute monster of a super power and there is no way that would be allowed to happen

It’s %@#$&!s anyway obviously l.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:23 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
They weren’t trying to buy Manchester United though...

As if these lot would be allowed to just buy us, people would be in uproar and not just because of their human rights history etc. It would turn us into an absolute monster of a super power and there is no way that would be allowed to happen

It’s %@#$&!s anyway obviously l.
Meet our current owners...

Every club is for sale over here, no one cares unless they get paid.

As for the Saudi's, the Glazers have been in bed with them for ages, you reckon it was for shits and giggles? We're the easiest super power you can buy, the rest have laws and restrictions in place we can be bought at any time and our wonderful owners are in it for one thing only, and they had shed loads of it.

Unread 25-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Buck

Woodward negotiating a ceasefire in Yemen

Unread 25-10-2018, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
So we are told yeah.

Never mind us, just ask Leeds or Newcastle fans how much it actually means in practice

Unread 25-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So we are told yeah.

Never mind us, just ask Leeds or Newcastle fans how much it actually means in practice
Don’t forget Portsmouth.

Unread 25-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Don’t forget Portsmouth.

Unread 26-10-2018, 02:07 PM
utd99

For it to have worked out Mourinho would have had to change. He hasn’t changed.

Unread 26-10-2018, 02:17 PM
Tiberian

Makes me wonder why so many were certain Mourinho was the man for Utd if for it to work he would have to stop being so Mourinho.

He was never likely to change, the likes of Chelsea and Inter might adapt their values and identity for him but clubs like Madrid and Utd? Not going to happen.

Unread 26-10-2018, 02:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Makes me wonder why so many were certain Mourinho was the man for Utd if for it to work he would have to stop being so Mourinho.

He was never likely to change, the likes of Chelsea and Inter might adapt their values and identity for him but clubs like Madrid and Utd? Not going to happen.
Inter were never famous for attacking flair, their proudest days were under Helenio Herrera, Mou cynicism fit their traditions nicely.

Unread 26-10-2018, 02:24 PM
utd99

Quote:

Were they though? It was always going to be a gamble in my mind, but a gamble worth taking after three years of Moyes and Van Gaal.

Unread 26-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Inter were never famous for attacking flair, their proudest days were under Helenio Herrera, Mou cynicism fit their traditions nicely.
Yes, but that attitude never really suited Madrid, and despite their amazing goals tallies they were often a very reactive side, fantastic on the counter and at running up scores against dross, but often very cynical against any perceived threats. Caused a lot of division with the players and officials at the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Were they though? It was always going to be a gamble in my mind, but a gamble worth taking after three years of Moyes and Van Gaal.
I just look at his attitude in the summer, the contempt he had for working with kids with the WC keeping his group apart and can not see that man as a Utd manager. LVG failed, but it was the correct type of idea, trying to build a team and style together. They should have identified a young coach with a similar work ethic and tried that idea again. Mourinho was just panic and desperate need to be relevant with a big name and possible short term success.

Unread 26-10-2018, 02:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yes, but that attitude never really suited Madrid, and despite their amazing goals tallies they were often a very reactive side, fantastic on the counter and at running up scores against dross, but often very cynical against any perceived threats. Caused a lot of division with the players and officials at the club.
Indeed.

Couldn't happen here though
Closed Thread