United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-06-2010, 05:41 AM
borsuk

Question darron 'dazza gibbo' gibson next 'nexto seasono' season

care to opine?

2008-9: 14 appearances, 3 goals (1 league, 2 fa cup)
2009-10: 23 appearances, 5 goals (2 league, 2 carling, 1 cl)

for comparison last year: giggs got 7 in 32, scholes 7 in 38.

put in some very good performances for us last season, i thought, especially towards the end, and (unless we bring someone in ) is possibly the best goal threat we have from central midfield these days. could next season be his breakthrough season? does he have what it takes? or will he remain a bit-part player at best?

Unread 17-06-2010, 05:49 AM
rafabio

Default Re: darron 'dazza gibbo' gibson next 'nexto seasono' season

Neither. I expect him to leave. Either this season or the next. The kid doesn't have a technical ability nor the vision to be at united. All he has is a powerful shot. Even for that to be fruitful he needs to take around 15-20 shots a game. Rooney especially looks always pissed off with him since anywhere the ball is within 30 yards gibson takes a shot irrespective of the position of other players around him. The lad has no awareness of what's around him.

If he is a midfield starter for us, we can forget competing for any major trophies.

Unread 17-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Stickman

Its hard to argue with what he's done - output wise, but every time I see the guy I think he looks average at best.

He shouldnt be sold this summer though, look what happened to Fletcher after 100+ games.

And though his shooting can get a bit frustrating, its £#%&!ing welcome at other times when nobody looks like having a pop!

Unread 17-06-2010, 08:08 AM
waynes ear's

He's £#%&!ing shit

Sooner he's put against the stretty and shot in the head with a cannonball the better

Unread 17-06-2010, 08:28 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Neither. I expect him to leave. Either this season or the next. The kid doesn't have a technical ability nor the vision to be at united. All he has is a powerful shot. Even for that to be fruitful he needs to take around 15-20 shots a game. Rooney especially looks always pissed off with him since anywhere the ball is within 30 yards gibson takes a shot irrespective of the position of other players around him. The lad has no awareness of what's around him.

If he is a midfield starter for us, we can forget competing for any major trophies.
I think this also.

But then i used to also think this about Fatty Lampard so what do I know?

Unread 17-06-2010, 08:30 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I think this also.

But then i used to also think this about Fatty Lampard so what do I know?
Lampards rode his £#%&!ing luck with the players around him. Especially when Maureen was in charge. Shit fat @#%&!

Unread 17-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Lok

He's certainly a funny one. Some games you watch him and think he has a real chance of making it. Others you want to rip your own leg off just so you can @#%&! his fat head with it.

He needs to stop shooting so much. About 1 in 10 actually hits the target. At one point last season I thought Rooney was going to smack him. As a forward thinking midfielder, you need to be able to put people through on goal. I can't remember him ever doing that. You'd be frustrated if you had to play in front of him.

Unread 17-06-2010, 09:33 AM
dunk

I'll give him another season before completely writing him off, he has earnt that. But his lack of mobility and pace is still an issue for me.

Unread 17-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

yes he has NO technical ability whatsoever hence the most successful manager in the history of the british game promoted him to the first team.

£#%&! £#%&! off you sweaty little mong.

Unread 17-06-2010, 09:44 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
yes he has NO technical ability whatsoever hence the most successful manager in the history of the british game promoted him to the first team.

I know Part. Liam Miller was the world's best player before he joined us but then turned shit after joining us

Unread 17-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Tbf Rafabs rivals marlo for sheer lack of football insight and imo is actually felix.

Anyway, If the Gibbotron could put in performances for us like he did against Bayern then he has a chance but he does let games pass him by. He showed against Bayern that he has the technical ability but he's a slow couch
lazy bones.

Like Ole said, he's like a ferrari you can't take out of the garage. Or something like that.

Unread 17-06-2010, 10:07 AM
RedMenace

Possibly Fuzzy's most accurate post ever. Bang on.

Unread 17-06-2010, 10:40 AM
believe

Dog. Shit.

Unread 17-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:

He is severly lacking this, as well as pace and speed of thought.

Unread 17-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Harri Jaffa

He's the white Zidane

Unread 17-06-2010, 10:51 AM
The Return of JC

Pretty much agree with the overall perception of his personal attributes, but I think he's a better player now than Fletcher was at this stage of his development.

It depends whether or not you consider Fletcher's development as the exception or the rule.

Unread 17-06-2010, 11:42 AM
borsuk

how representative it was i don't know, but i think he did very well in the second half of last season playing in a slightly more advanced role. against bayern especially, in the first half he really did not look out of place in a midfield playing fast aggressive football and he did a very good job closing down as well. not going overboard but for probably the first time he really looked a player to me. be interesting to see what happens with him next year and whether he has the confidence to look for the ball and dictate the play more. if he can do that then i think he has a chance because he's shown a decent range of passing in the reserves.

Unread 17-06-2010, 11:45 AM
dodger

38 games 2 goals

Unread 17-06-2010, 11:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
38 games 2 goals
94 assist thoughts assists

Unread 17-06-2010, 11:54 AM
safingtons

Hes crap, get rid of him while he's worth something.

If we got £8m for Tosic i'm sure we can mug a similar fee out of Sunderland/Everton/Birmingham
Closed Thread