United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-06-2016, 06:04 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default How out of touch with modern football are you?

Was talking to a Fredster who shall remain nameless, lets just call them B Buster, or Bunker B...

But looking at that England side the other night I am not ashamed to say I didn't know who some of the starting 11 were! Twenty or even ten years ago I had in depth knowledge about players playing in division 3, used to cane Eurosport etc but now... Is it just an age thing? Am I just a shit fan? Is it just me?

Unread 30-06-2016, 06:09 PM
believe

I'm sat in a bar with eight screens showing football and one tennis. Murray just won.

Unread 30-06-2016, 06:11 PM
Red Al

Since about 2010 it's just seems to going shitter and more out of touch with supporters.
An example was our FA cup win this year didn't have the feeling of even the milwall win a decade ago and nowhere near the previous wins.
Can't be arsed with the national team either

Unread 30-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Bunker Buster

£#%&!er

I had and stil don't (won't Google) a single clue who Rose is...

Unread 30-06-2016, 06:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
£#%&!er

Was it you??

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
An example was our FA cup win this year didn't have the feeling of even the milwall win a decade ago and nowhere near the previous wins
Oh I enjoyed it, but the knowledge LvG was getting the tin tack regardless (and mega@#%&! Mendes leaking to that effect just minutes after lifting the trophy) did spoil it somewhat

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Was talking to a Fredster who shall remain nameless, lets just call them B Buster, or Bunker B...

But looking at that England side the other night I am not ashamed to say I didn't know who some of the starting 11 were! Twenty or even ten years ago I had in depth knowledge about players playing in division 3, used to cane Eurosport etc but now... Is it just an age thing? Am I just a shit fan? Is it just me?
You're not alone.

I can't even name all the managers in the Premier League.

TBH, I'd struggle to name all the £#%&!ing teams.

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches

it's probably an age thing, different priorities now etc. i'm the same. i've still no idea who bertrand is

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
it's probably an age thing, different priorities now etc. i'm the same. i've still no idea who bertrand is
Played left wing in a European Cup final. And won.

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
You're not alone.

I can't even name all the managers in the Premier League.

TBH, I'd struggle to name all the £#%&!ing teams.
Teams I could do, managers

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Zorg

That bloke who scored in England's first game, I had literally no idea who he was. Never set eyes on him

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:50 PM
rockored

Proudly very out of touch.

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That bloke who scored in England's first game, I had literally no idea who he was. Never set eyes on him

I can't recall his name / face, no idea who he is...

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:59 PM
MrBishi

To be fair he spent most of his career in Portugal

Unread 30-06-2016, 07:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
To be fair he spent most of his career in Portugal
Rose ?

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Getting worse tbh. Late 90s i used to be bang up to date on serie a, la liga... knew all the best players, played Championship manager on my PC all day and night.

Now, we've signed Henrikh Mkhitaryan and I can't ever remember seeing him kick a ball.

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This

Him and 4 others I had no idea who they played for

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:06 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
This

Him and 4 others I had no idea who they played for

thought it was just me.

not even remotely interested either.

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:15 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
£#%&!er

Axl?

Unread 30-06-2016, 08:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Getting worse tbh. Late 90s i used to be bang up to date on serie a, la liga... knew all the best players, played Championship manager on my PC all day and night.

Now, we've signed Henrikh Mkhitaryan and I can't ever remember seeing him kick a ball.
I thought he'd signed for west ham?
Closed Thread