Unread 24-10-2008, 08:29 AM
keano's love

ronnie instead of tevez in that team for me. probably nani in for giggs too

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:31 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Will Wes play?

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Whalefish

Rio is a major doubt according to the rags today. Wait and see what Fergie says at his press conference. Fingers crossed but if he doesn't make it:

VDS
Wes
Evans
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Anderson
Fletcher
Giggs
Berbatov
Rooney

This'll be a very tough game. Lots of effort from Everton and we'll need a bit of smart play to open their defence up. Should get that with those attacking players on show.

I would be tempted to include Tevez for his workrate in place of Berbatov but that partnership is developing atm so why break it?

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Exactly the same as W.Fish.

Although i may be tempted to give tevez a run out instead of berbatov....

Everton is his Sort of game.

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:40 AM
borsuk

more or less what whaley said but i expect both park and tevez to get a start in this game or the next. one of them instead of ronnie on saturday, one instead of berbatov the next game. wouldn't be surprised to see nani start as well - he had a good game against celtic.

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:45 AM
The Return of JC

I'm assuming Rio and Evra are fit. If not, replace with Evans and O'Shea respectively.

I'd go with:

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vida
Evra

Anderson
Giggs
Park

Tevez
Rooney
Berba

I think Fergie will go with:

VDS

Brown
Vidic
Rio
Evra

Anderson
Fletcher
Giggs
Ronaldo

Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Still no £#%&!ing Carrick

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:50 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Why the eye roll?

He was expected to be out for 8 weeks. It's only been 7.

If we're rolling eyes at anyone, it should be Hargreaves.

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Forogt about him.

Think Fergie said he started full training Monday so perhaps on the bench?

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Why the eye roll?

He was expected to be out for 8 weeks. It's only been 7.

If we're rolling eyes at anyone, it should be Hargreaves.
I thought he was supposed to be back before now. Anyway I wasn't rolling my eyes at him, just at the wait. I feel sorry for Hargo, but I think he's on route to becoming a bit of a write off.

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:56 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I thought he was supposed to be back before now. Anyway I wasn't rolling my eyes at him, just at the wait. I feel sorry for Hargo, but I think he's on route to becoming a bit of a write off.
Me too

I don't mind waiting out this knee thing now if it clears up in the long run, but if it persists and has to be 'managed' idefinitely then I see a couple of frustrating years followed by an unceremonious Saha-style exit.

It's not being helped by him constantly being interviewed. He's ALWAYS talking. Just shut up and get fit.

EDIT: I get the impression that Fergie is losing patience with him. It started when OH ruled himself out of the Supr Cup game. Fergie just seemed really pissed off. Not disappointed, but angry. Since then it's been very hush hush as each Hargreaves-less week passes by. It reminds me of Saha. Fergie got to the stage where he didn't even bother mentioning him when it came to injuries. I really hope we're not going down that route again. It's just a feeling, mind you.

Unread 24-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Whalefish

Hargreaves is now our very own Ledley King.

Dodgy knees and can only be rolled out a few games at a time before going missing for a couple of weeks 'to rest'.

Not his fault though, he must not be enjoying his time at the moment. I'm still expecting the press conference where Fergie says we've sent him for an op. Last chance saloon then.

Unread 24-10-2008, 09:00 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Hargreaves is now our very own Ledley King.

Dodgy knees and can only be rolled out a few games at a time before going missing for a couple of weeks 'to rest'.
It's longer than that though, isn't it? One game on, one game off would be bad enough, but this is 2 games on, 6 weeks off.

Unread 24-10-2008, 09:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

I'd bring in Tevez for this game instead of Ronnie, he'd add some guile and tenacity along with his workrate which i think might be useful at goodison. Not sure Ronnie couldn't do with a break from his comeback either, not quite at his best.

Unread 24-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
It's longer than that though, isn't it? One game on, one game off would be bad enough, but this is 2 games on, 6 weeks off.
Quite possibly.

I'm passed caring now. If Utd can sell him I would expect them to take the offer.

Bring Possebon through and possibly bring in a young talent from either the PL (Palacios) or look abroad.

Unread 24-10-2008, 09:12 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Quite possibly.

I'm passed caring now. If Utd can sell him I would expect them to take the offer.

Bring Possebon through and possibly bring in a young talent from either the PL (Palacios) or look abroad.
Jeez, what a waste that would be. Such a shame because I don't think anyone is doubting his quality when he's fit and available. The fact that he plays so sporadically and still performs well is testament to what a good player he is.

Hopefully it'll clear up and in a year's time we can look back on this and laugh like a couple of @#%&!s.

Unread 24-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Rossi the Red

VDS

Neville - Evans - Vidic - Evra

Ronnie - Fletcher - Anderson - Park

Berba - Rooney

Unread 24-10-2008, 09:21 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
VDS

Neville - Evans - Vidic - Evra

Ronnie - Fletcher - Anderson - Park

Berba - Rooney
Good stuff, but I think we're bound to see Giggs with him not appearing on Tuesday.

Unread 24-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Jeez, what a waste that would be. Such a shame because I don't think anyone is doubting his quality when he's fit and available. The fact that he plays so sporadically and still performs well is testament to what a good player he is.

Hopefully it'll clear up and in a year's time we can look back on this and laugh like a couple of @#%&!s.
I'm not holding my breath but I'll be very pleased if that happens.
Closed Thread