United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2007, 08:44 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
We won't get another winger, right back, central midfielder and striker. So it's about prioritising. O'Shea and Brown can do a job in the absence of GNev, Park will be available but Giggs will be another year older so it could be about picking 2 from 3.
Why won't we?

Park won't be injury prone now will he? Besides the fact he isn't good enough.

Yeah sure Brown can do a job at right back, but it's still a player out of natural position. Defence isn't really an issue. It's 2 midfielders and a striker that we need for next season.

Unread 19-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Whalefish

Even if 1 or 2 defenders leave in the Summer I'd much rather Simpson, Evans and Pique get a chance before we splash out on another defender.

Money needs to go on a striker, a tackling midfielder and a more attacking midfielder in the Summer.

I'd like to see Utd move for Carvalho at CSKA Moscow. He suit our current system well IMO.

Unread 19-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedy23
Why won't we?

Park won't be injury prone now will he? Besides the fact he isn't good enough.

Yeah sure Brown can do a job at right back, but it's still a player out of natural position. Defence isn't really an issue. It's 2 midfielders and a striker that we need for next season.
I see what you're saying about park but I was trying to make a point about prioritising. If 20ish million goes on Hargreaves, I can't see a top striker coming in, let alone a top striker and a good understudy to Neville.

I agree with what Whaler is saying but to buy two cental midfielders is like remoulding the team a shade too sudden?

Unread 19-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Whalefish

Sorry I wasn't making myself clear, I would say sign a winger but we don't really play with two out and out wingers anymore and haven't all season. An attacking midfielder who can play as one of the 3 supporting the forward would be fine IMO. Carvalho IMO can play out wide or as one of those attacking midfielders.

Unread 19-05-2007, 08:58 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Even if 1 or 2 defenders leave in the Summer I'd much rather Simpson, Evans and Pique get a chance before we splash out on another defender.

Money needs to go on a striker, a tackling midfielder and a more attacking midfielder in the Summer.

I'd like to see Utd move for Carvalho at CSKA Moscow. He suit our current system well IMO.

agree totally with that, unfortunately our fans demand instant success these days so it's going to be a special youngster to make it through.

there's nothin better for me than seeing home grown players coming through

Unread 19-05-2007, 08:59 PM
sin65

Carrick had a good game today and wasn't it him who played an inch perfect defence splitting pass for Rooney to mis-control to Chec.

As has been said IF you need to apportion some blame today Carrick wouldn't be too high on the list.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Whalefish

I think Rossi could fit in behind the main striker too. A three of Rossi, Rooney, Ronaldo may work. We won't know until it's given a run out though.

Even better if those three are working with someone like Eto'o too but there's £#%&! all chance of that happening. Still, I'd take Huntelaar.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:01 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
I see what you're saying about park but I was trying to make a point about prioritising. If 20ish million goes on Hargreaves, I can't see a top striker coming in, let alone a top striker and a good understudy to Neville.

I agree with what Whaler is saying but to buy two cental midfielders is like remoulding the team a shade too sudden?
Yeah i see your point. If we get Hargreaves, then surely we'll only stretch to getting one more player. A striker? Then that will still leave us stuck for width. Not sure how much Schwiensteiger would actually cost, probably about 20+ million I haven't even thought about what striker we could get. I really can't see Torres coming.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

If Bayern charge 20m for Hargreaves, they'd want 30m for Shawinestyger.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:11 PM
rebelcountyred

I have said it before and i'll say it again we need a player like De Rossi rather than a hargreaves, you want someone to dominate a midfield then De Rossi is the better option, nothing against hargreaves he is a good player but not what we need imo.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Well then from what I'm hearin Hargreaves is a 20m version of Fletcher.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, and went mad when he was taken off.

just shows how differently people look at players
you're right. although he was injured. apparently. I mean, wes looked injured, but apparently carrick was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
Evidently you are a moron, my condolences.
what he said. :0)

Quote:
Well then from what I'm hearin Hargreaves is a 20m version of Fletcher.
I think you have a problem with your hearing.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you're right. although he was injured. apparently. I mean, wes looked injured, but apparently carrick was.

what he said. :0)

I think you have a problem with your hearing.
£#%&! you Jem.

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:52 PM
bored

picking over the bones - good idea

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Rhodzy

We won't sign a winger, we'll put Rossi out there and waste his talents
Hargreaves and a few going out is all thats going to happen

Unread 19-05-2007, 09:54 PM
jem

Quote:
£#%&! you Jem.
no chance.

if you can't even be bothered to call me a @#%&! as well.

Unread 19-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I rate Carrick and think he's had a fantastic first season. Having said that, he did nothing today. He sat back and played short passes to Scholes. Would have liked to have seen him be a bit more creative like he has in other games.

Whilst he didn't make any mistakes, he offered little today. Just an off day I'm sure.

I thought Scholes was great.
That's the way I saw it too. Scholes almost had to do the job of a whole midfield today. He was the only one providing anything creatively, and found himself having to make a lot of interceptions and tackles in our half too. Meanwhile Fletcher flounced about on the right wing to little effect.

Unread 19-05-2007, 10:19 PM
King Schlong

Quote:
£#%&! you Jem.

Straight to the point there fuzzy.

Unread 20-05-2007, 04:14 AM
shenwen

It appeared to me that carrick's job today was to sit in, give the ball to scholes and track lampard. did that perfectly well, but did not do much else. no coincidence for me that they scored thanks to a lampard assist just after carrick went off.

Unread 20-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I didnt think any of uniteds players did much wrong, if anything was wrong i would say that it was that we played with a level of cautiousness that stopped us from really flowing in attack. Chelsea played a fairly sold game though and there's really nothing between these two teams. Probably muriniho won the battle of tactics today.

Probably one of the worst fa cup finals i have ever seen. two teams that somehow cancel each other out and in the end one taken chance was the difference. Ho Hum the prem is still the ultimate prize in england anyway.
Closed Thread