Coracao

Cool Rooney surpasses Ronaldo

Rooney 119
Ronaldo 118

Andy Cole is the next target on 121.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
believe

Default Re: Rooney surpasses Ronaldo

is this on the FPOTS/MOTM that has ceased to exist?

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:21 PM
red @rmy

Just shows how good Ruud was.
200 games 150 goals.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Spiffy

Best English player ever. That's how he'll be remembered. (I know people will say it was Duncan Edwards but not many people will have been able to see both of them play in order to compare).

HTH.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Best English player ever. That's how he'll be remembered. (I know people will say it was Duncan Edwards but not many people will have been able to see both of them play in order to compare).

HTH.
I think he should be included.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
History

Doesnt everybody know Gazza was the greatest player ever?

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Just shows how good Ruud was.
200 games 150 goals.
But that's all he did. Ruud outscored Cantona but no one will say he was a better player. I always expected Rooney to do alright in terms of goals but to help us win in other ways. Looks like he's doing both, great player and a great goalscorer. Who else could you say that about? Van Basten, Fat Ronaldo and not many more.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:30 PM
believe

Duncan Edwards imo

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I think he should be included.

YouTube- Sir Bobby Charlton
What the £#%&! did he win? Apart from the World Cup, European Cup and League? Amazing to think he played nearly as many games for us as Giggo too.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Duncan Edwards imo
How many games have you watched that he played in? I know he was extremely highly rated and it's a shame he died when he was about 21. We'll never know how good he could have been.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:33 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
But that's all he did. Ruud outscored Cantona but no one will say he was a better player. I always expected Rooney to do alright in terms of goals but to help us win in other ways. Looks like he's doing both, great player and a great goalscorer. Who else could you say that about? Van Basten, Fat Ronaldo and not many more.
Shut it.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
believe

Quote:
How many games have you watched that he played in? I know he was extremely highly rated and it's a shame he died when he was about 21. We'll never know how good he could have been.
None but you did say people would say it.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
But that's all he did. Ruud outscored Cantona but no one will say he was a better player.
I don't think that is true. Plenty outside of United would class van Nistelrooy as the best striker in World football at his peak, along with Henry. Cantona was never in that elite bracket on the World stage.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:41 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't think that is true. Plenty outside of United would class van Nistelrooy as the best striker in World football at his peak, along with Henry. Cantona was never in that elite bracket on the World stage.
try getting that from an arsenal fan..

never in a million years

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
try getting that from an arsenal fan..

never in a million years
Why the £#%&! would I ever talk to an arsenal fan about football :shakhead:

Harfynn Teuport

Quote:

Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Shut it.
Outside now #@&%!. Bring a few of your mates so I get a workout, I didn't go to the gym today.

Quote:
Indeed

Quote:
But that's what I'm saying, Cantona didn't score 20 league goals in any season iirc but he was more than just a goalscorer, same with Sheringham. If we'd replaced Cantona with say Shearer, I believe we would have won fewer trophies. Eric gave us more that just goals.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:44 PM
silv

Quote:
Why the £#%&! would I ever talk to an arsenal fan about football :shakhead:
i have no choice my brother is one :shakehead:

he had been very vocal about arsenals chances on sunday. he has gone very, very quiet like all the other gooners i know.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Outside now #@&%!. Bring a few of your mates so I get a workout, I didn't go to the gym today.

Indeed

But that's what I'm saying, Cantona didn't score 20 league goals in any season iirc but he was more than just a goalscorer, same with Sheringham. If we'd replaced Cantona with say Shearer, I believe we would have won fewer trophies. Eric gave us more that just goals.
Bit daft to say all Ruud did was score goals. Michael Owen he wasn't. His link up play and ability to hold the ball in his earlier United career were very good. You don't play up front on your own to his standard if all you do is score goals.

I'm not sure why you are comparing a support striker to a genuine leader of the line anyway. Of course they're going to have different attributes.

Unread 01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
believe

Quote:
If we'd replaced Cantona with say Shearer, I believe we would have won fewer trophies. Eric gave us more that just goals.
we'd have won more european cups
Closed Thread