United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:08 PM
dunk

Default Re: The Transfer Window - Slamming Shut! Boooom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
isn't this the last time chelsea can buy before their ban kicks in? then they can't bring any new players in until 2011 iirc.

strange they haven't done any business after going to the bother of getting the ban delayed at the cas.
I think they are pretty confident that the ban will be completely overturned tbh.

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:11 PM
MUFC One Love

On a serious note is Rodwell any good? I think we'll sign him this summer. From what I have seen of him he seems to play really mature for his age. Can he play CB and CM?

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
On a serious note is Rodwell any good? I think we'll sign him this summer. From what I have seen of him he seems to play really mature for his age. Can he play CB and CM?
Yes. Very good. And only going to get better, and he can play CB or CM, we should be purchasing him for MF though, imo.

I hope we sign him in the summer, I definitely think he'll end up at OT at some point though.

I'm hoping City don't get Adam Johnson btw.

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
rafabio

looks like adam johnson has signed for city. @#%&!

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:16 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yes. Very good. And only going to get better, and he can play CB or CM, we should be purchasing him for MF though, imo.

I hope we sign him in the summer, I definitely think he'll end up at OT at some point though.

I'm hoping City don't get Adam Johnson btw.
must be letting Petrov go.

nft.

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
must be letting Petrov go.

nft.
£#%&!ing idiots if they do.

Can't understand why no-one else, us included, has gone for that Johnson.

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Crumps

Quote:
£#%&!ing idiots if they do.

Can't understand why no-one else, us included, has gone for that Johnson.
Wiki reckon he's gone Perth
Quote:
During the January 2010 transfer window, Johnson was heavily linked with a move to PerthGlory who reportedly made a bid of £5 and a dog to acquire his services, which has been accepted by his club and Johnson travels to Perth Australia for his medical on February 1st. Johnson is reportedly delighted with the move, stating that it will give him a real chance of making the World Cup squad.

Unread 01-02-2010, 04:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Wiki reckon he's gone Perth

Nobody likes city

Unread 01-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Nobody likes city

The beebs got a page on that city fan with the two tatoos

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...er/8487297.stm

Unread 01-02-2010, 05:50 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Despite his departure Mr Atkinson will not be covering up the names on his chest, which are displayed alongside genuine City legend Shaun Goater.

"I'll just wait until I have kids and call them Robinho and Kaka," added Mr Atkinson, who currently does not have a girlfriend.

Wonder why.

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Ben

well its shut.
entertaining stuff!!

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
looks like adam johnson has signed for city. @#%&!
Wow. I'll bet Kaka's livid when he looks at the calibre of player he could have been alongside now.

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Baron

Quote:
1702: We are hearing that the website of the Spanish newspaper Marca has got a story about Real Madrid's Argentine midfielder Fernando Gago signing for Manchester City for 16m euros...
Get another holding midfielder, that's exactly what they needed...

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Wow. I'll bet Kaka's livid when he looks at the calibre of player he could have been alongside now.

Kaka is not so happy at Real with Ronnie being the main man.

If City get a CL slot for next season expect a big bid from them in the summer.

I think the chances that he'd want to leave Real are remote, but you never know....

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Lok

Quote:
From what I hear, he's a very promising young player. I think City have done a good bit of business there.

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Kaka is not so happy at Real with Ronnie being the main man.

If City get a CL slot for next season expect a big bid from them in the summer.

I think the chances that he'd want to leave Real are remote, but you never know....
I've heard they are really good mates though?

having said that, kaka has woefully underperformed for them, considering his huge fee.

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Baron

Quote:

having said that, kaka has woefully underperformed for them, considering his huge fee.
Everyone underperforms in a team with Ronaldo in it, not enough room for anyone else to make an impact as he gets in other players positions, still scores, and makes them all look bad. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a failing of Ronaldo's but it certainly makes his team mates lifes a little more difficult when they are passing to him yet he shoots on sight & takes their space (only better).

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Being mates is one thing, not playing where or how you want to to accomodate your mate's desires is another.

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Being mates is one thing, not playing where or how you want to to accomodate your mate's desires is another.
Well he should of thought about that before he went there.

ha.

Unread 01-02-2010, 06:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Don't know about you guys, but I was buzzing as the final minutes ticked by.
Sky Sports News described the last day of the 'Window' as the most exciting in the Football calendar. Who could argue with that? ...etc..more irony...etc

Closed Thread