United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2010, 11:21 AM
borsuk

Default Re: Welbeck scores on his debut

he's a quality player already and shows flashes of being really special. even now he'd probably be a fixture in the first team of probably half the team in the premier league. once he finishes growing and fills out a bit he'll be a really top player imo.

said it before, i'm much more confident about welbeck than macheda, though he's clearly got a chance as well.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's a quality player already and shows flashes of being really special. even now he'd probably be a fixture in the first team of probably half the team in the premier league. once he finishes growing and fills out a bit he'll be a really top player imo.

said it before, i'm much more confident about welbeck than macheda, though he's clearly got a chance as well.
Same.

I'm not quite sure why some people bother watching football, if they are so ready/determined to write off a teenager with as much obvious talent as Welbeck after 22 or so appearances, most as a 17/18 year old. I think they should just give up tbh.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Albert Tatlock

What is up with Kiko anyway, is he injured ?

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:06 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Same.

I'm not quite sure why some people bother watching football, if they are so ready/determined to write off a teenager with as much obvious talent as Welbeck after 22 or so appearances, most as a 17/18 year old. I think they should just give up tbh.
weird, isn't it? but then again, i get far more excitement and pleasure from seeing a home-grown player like fletcher make it than i would from seeing us buy some foreign 25 year-old, however big a star they might be. i suspect, sadly, that i'm in a pretty small minority.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
weird, isn't it? but then again, i get far more excitement and pleasure from seeing a home-grown player like fletcher make it than i would from seeing us buy some foreign 25 year-old, however big a star they might be. i suspect, sadly, that i'm in a pretty small minority.
I'm the same on that score. I just don't like the 'who's the best player, we'll buy him' mentality, hate it in fact. Thankfully it's something United have never done. Even signings like Rio, Rooney, RVN, Keane, Ronaldo et al, as much as they cost, their best years were ahead of them and they still had lots to prove, and were bought to compliment the players at the club who had come through the rank or made their name at OT.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:32 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

[quote=borsuk;1869437]weird, isn't it? but then again, i get far more excitement and pleasure from seeing a home-grown player like fletcher make it than i would from seeing us buy some foreign 25 year-old, however big a star they might be. i suspect, sadly, that i'm in a pretty small minority.[/QUOTE]

Your obviously not playing enough fifa manager - Angelo Dello Eurostario rocks

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:45 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Your obviously not playing enough fifa manager - Angelo Dello Eurostario rocks
would 'never' count as not enough?

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:11 PM
believe

how many times did he fall over?

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:37 PM
djsst

http://manunitedyouth.wordpress.com/...ks-wondergoal/

Unread 31-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst

Great goal.

Gonna be a top player.

[SIZE="5"]N F T

Unread 31-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Ginners

Quote:
dodgy keeping tbf

Unread 31-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Found his level.

Unread 31-01-2010, 03:07 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
What is up with Kiko anyway, is he injured ?
Just back from injury.

Terrific goal by Welbeck. He has struggled a few times when played out left, but it's hardly surprising when it's not his right position, is it? They guy is incredibly talented; probably one of the most naturally gifted players to emerge from the youth-set-up. He's 19, ffs. I wonder why people even bother with this 'found his level' shite. Cringe-worthy.

Unread 31-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up Re: Welbeck scores on his debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

Terrific goal by Welbeck. He has struggled a few times when played out left, but it's hardly surprising when it's not his right position, is it? They guy is incredibly talented; probably one of the most naturally gifted players to emerge from the youth-set-up. He's 19, ffs. I wonder why people even bother with this 'found his level' shite. Cringe-worthy.

Unread 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
dunk

Scored again

Unread 02-02-2010, 09:24 PM
wee man

and again - well not his debut but...

Unread 02-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Sandman

Cleverley has scored again tonight as well. Watford would be in the shit without him.

Unread 02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
believe

can't believe we let them go

Unread 02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Scored again

was a good goal on Saturday mind you

Cleverley still > than Welbeck