Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2016, 01:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Didn't that side beat Arsenal 2-0?
4-0 wasn't it?

There may have been 7 defenders, but that team wasn't set up to defend..

Unread 22-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
4-0 wasn't it?

Every team sets up to defend to some degree. Every team spends time analysing their opponents strengths and combating it.

Some games, opponents circumstances just require more. Liverpool required more on Monday. Fenerbahce less on Thursday. Both approaches yielded positive results.

For me, it's about how much attacking intent and freedom you give your expressive players ahead of that.

I think José gave plenty of license to Pogba, zlatan and Rashford at anfield. We weren't time-wasting, we weren't slowing the game down. We were set up to break, to attack their weaknesses, we just weren't able to do it.

You haven't mentioned any of this, so I've no idea why I've quoted you, Dunk. Sorry.

Unread 22-10-2016, 01:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis

Ferg with 7 defenders at home in a big game. I don't remember to many moronic shitbirds freaking out about that. The fact we won took the edge off but still.

Coverage of games now is increasingly tabloid and reactionary. Measured observation holds little sway when competing with grabby headlines and the need to push one extreme or the other as the only way to observe. The league, players and managers careers are launched and finished on every game now, the entire approach to coverage has become a hysterical, reactionary joke.

Filtering between the fleet of offensively stupid cretins and the small handful of genuinely intelligent people employed as pundits, is becoming a real skill.
Rep.

Unread 22-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
4-0 wasn't it?

4-0 was a different game I think

Unread 22-10-2016, 02:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
4-0 was a different game I think
Yes, the cup game when the L'Arse players took turns in attempting to decapitate Nani
Closed Thread