Unread 20-05-2007, 11:35 PM
wonky no

hargreaves can @#%&! a freekick too

robbie keane would be a great signing

Unread 21-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I've not seen him play regularly for Bayern. I don't think many people on here have. But then I'm not passing judgement and analysing his game like others are. From what I've seen he's hard working, versatile and a good tackler, but his passing isn't great. What do you make of him?
I haven't watched him regularly either, but from what I've seen he looks quick, mobile, has exceptional stamina and works very hard. Indeed, his stride pattern actually looks very similar to Beckham's.

As you say, he's not the most creative of passers, but he seems solid in that regard and seems to understand his limitations. He's also a decent dead ball taker.

At times when I've watched him he hasn't looked the most comfortable in possession and his positional play when the ball is with the back four has been rather poor. Though to be fair, he does seem to have improved a lot in both these areas of late.

His goalscoring record is also undeniably poor and his injury record isn't great.

Personally, I think his price tag has been massively inflated by his World Cup performances, but there you go.

Unread 21-05-2007, 07:14 AM
Krushkov

I am pleased he's finally come onboard. If he can regulaly produce anything like the performance he did when England got knocked out against Portugal then he'll be worth every penny, considering the current market. If not than at least theres a slim chance of some old school terrace chanting:

O-wen the saint, Goes marching in
O-wen the saint, Goes marching in,
He is from Canada, like Lennox Lewis and Rudeski,
and he has flown in from Berlin.

Unread 21-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krushkov
O-wen the saint, Goes marching in
O-wen the saint, Goes marching in,
He hasnt signed for Southampton.
Quote:
He is from Canada, like Lennox Lewis and Rudeski,
Lewis was born in London
Quote:
and he has flown in from Berlin.
Munich in all likely hood.

2/10 Must try harder.

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Krushkov

Stop being so picky.

Owen is a saint. He is a good little boy, with the face of angel and the smile of a wee little cherub. He saves little puppies from drowning and stops wars all the time.

I didnt say the Lennox was born in Canada, but he did come from there back to London (at some point). Ergo Lennox did indeed come from Canada.

Berlin rhymes with marching in. Munich doesn't. He will fly from there as well, I bet you my last bit of Vcash that he'll do some sight seeing before leaving Germany.

OK. It was shit. I am sorry.

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Qwertyuiop

Thumbs down

O-wen Hargreaves, has signed for us
O-wen Hargreaves, has signed for us,
He might be playing instead of Fletcher,
And i'll be well pleased if he does.

Unread 21-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Krushkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop