United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Sloane

Default Re: Owen Hargreaves spotted alive and well in Doha

why didnt we just leave him with tendinitis before we took his knees apart, he was £#%&!in more use to us playing once every two weeks than not playing at all. dont care if it gave him pain hes paid £#%&!ing enough to live with that

Unread 23-01-2010, 07:13 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Ferguson, who is considering resting Wayne Rooney against Hull, said: “Owen is still training with the reserves, doing two days on and one day off to try to get to the proper levels. He’s done two or three sessions with the first team in the past couple of weeks and he did very well over in Qatar [at United’s training camp], but we are trying to get to the point where he feels confident about playing.

“He will probably be in my Champions League squad. Unless something untoward happens, I’ll be picking him.”

Unread 23-01-2010, 07:37 AM
BarryX

maybe the weather isn't helping his rehabilitation - the cold doesn't help at all based on past experience..

Unread 23-01-2010, 07:50 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
maybe the weather isn't helping his rehabilitation - the cold doesn't help at all based on past experience..
Yep, i don't have the best knees in the world, and they go ten times worse in the winter when im playing football.

Unread 23-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Yep, i don't have the best knees in the world, and they go ten times worse in the winter when im playing football.
We can just use him pre-season then.

Unread 23-01-2010, 11:37 AM
irk

Quote:

Unread 23-01-2010, 11:59 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
i used to play rugby with a couple of lads who were england schools player but a few years older than me - they both £#%&!ed their knees and had that carbon fibre stuff done that they used to do in the 80's, they were knackered in the cold too, but stick somewhere warm it worked.

come on cougar - we could do with a fit cougar on the prowl.

Unread 23-01-2010, 12:56 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Do you believe everything Fergie says?

Unread 23-01-2010, 01:04 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Do you believe everything Fergie says?
do you automatically assume that quoting something means i agree with it?

Unread 23-01-2010, 01:08 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
do you automatically assume that quoting something means i agree with it?

No, but it seemed to imply it. If not, my apologies.

Unread 23-01-2010, 01:30 PM
El Chalten

his knees are £#%&!ed. same as blomquist, ole and ronney johnsen.

even if he makes a comeback it will be very limited, imo.

sad but true.

nft.

Unread 23-01-2010, 01:58 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
his knees are £#%&!ed. same as blomquist, ole and ronney johnsen.

even if he makes a comeback it will be very limited, imo.

sad but true.

nft.

Unread 03-02-2010, 03:28 AM
rafabio

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/...-face-Beckham/

looks like the moment of truth is getting closer. What games do we have prior to Milan games?

Unread 03-02-2010, 03:40 AM
RedMenace

That all smells like bullshit to me. Why would he be playing these behind closed doors games that nobody's heard anything about and not at least have a run from the bench in a Reserve game?. Let's face it very little goes on around the club that someone doesn't pick up on and nobody's mentioned any games. Fergie's quotes are from the magazine which he was probably interviewed for last month and just sound like general "hopefully he'll get back soon" quotes. I'd love to be proved wrong but I think he's £#%&!ed mentally as much as anything else. If he can't muster the confidence to even train every day at this point, note that there's no physical reason stopping him by all accounts, he's never coming back properly IMO. Again I hope I'm way off but I don't see it.

Unread 03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Unread 03-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
That all smells like bullshit to me. Why would he be playing these behind closed doors games that nobody's heard anything about and not at least have a run from the bench in a Reserve game?. Let's face it very little goes on around the club that someone doesn't pick up on and nobody's mentioned any games. Fergie's quotes are from the magazine which he was probably interviewed for last month and just sound like general "hopefully he'll get back soon" quotes. I'd love to be proved wrong but I think he's £#%&!ed mentally as much as anything else. If he can't muster the confidence to even train every day at this point, note that there's no physical reason stopping him by all accounts, he's never coming back properly IMO. Again I hope I'm way off but I don't see it.
What he needs is to get clattered get up an realise he's not made of glass, although if he is actually made of glass as I now fear he could be broken for good.
Closed Thread