United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Some people wanted Anderson in the side straight away to replace Scholes!!!

Then again, those people are Arsenal fans trapped in the body of a half-hearted United 'fan'

Let's be honest, Anderson looks a million miles off challenging for a first team shirt. That's not a knee-jerk reaction, just calling it from what we've seen so far.

Tevez has dissapointed.
I expected a more confident start to his career at United, but I'm sure it'll come.

I just hope that when we have a (relatively) fully fit squad that we'll send out a team with bit of shape about it & a look of direction about it.
I'm sick of continual switching wingers & wandering forwards. We're too £#%&!ing narrow & far too untidy in our attacking play.

It'd be nice if Saha could stay fit for any length of time, but I think that's asking too much.
Nev, Ronaldo & Rooney are being missed. They can't come back quick enough for me.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Then again, those people are Arsenal fans trapped in the body of a half-hearted United 'fan'

Let's be honest, Anderson looks a million miles off challenging for a first team shirt. That's not a knee-jerk reaction, just calling it from what we've seen so far.

Tevez has dissapointed.
I expected a more confident start to his career at United, but I'm sure it'll come.

I just hope that when we have a (relatively) fully fit squad that we'll send out a team with bit of shape about it & a look of direction about it.
I'm sick of continual switching wingers & wandering forwards. We're too £#%&!ing narrow & far too untidy in our attacking play.

It'd be nice if Saha could stay fit for any length of time, but I think that's asking too much.
Nev, Ronaldo & Rooney are being missed. They can't come back quick enough for me.
How can that not be a knee jerk reaction because the 'so far' bit consists of half a game of competitive football.

I'm not saying he's ready, but we simply can't come to any conclusions or even indications yet.

Unread 05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Tevez has dissapointed.

And I don't think it is. He had a good run last year and would probably have stuck around longer had Fergie not (unfairly) played him far less than Larsson.

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:04 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
And I don't think it is. He had a good run last year and would probably have stuck around longer had Fergie not (unfairly) played him far less than Larsson.

What, so Saha got himself injured in response to the Larsson signing??

From what I remember Saha came off injured against Newcastle in the first game of this year & then struggled to get back in the side because we were playing well.
He then got yet another injury which kept him out for more or less the rest of the season.

If Saha doesn't get another long term injury before next May I think we'll all be completely gobsmacked.

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Darth Vidic

I agree it'll be VERY suprising if Saha doesn't get injured - but you can't really expect anything else

I remember when Larsson was here and Saha was fit and should have played instead - Arsenal & Liverpool away (came on and should have won us a penalty)

As for Anderson - he has a lot of adapting to do - needs to become much more proactive, but we have a role here made for him.

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
What, so Saha got himself injured in response to the Larsson signing??

From what I remember Saha came off injured against Newcastle in the first game of this year & then struggled to get back in the side because we were playing well.
He then got yet another injury which kept him out for more or less the rest of the season.

If Saha doesn't get another long term injury before next May I think we'll all be completely gobsmacked.
Some players fitness is reliant on a bit of momentum and continuity. I think he got a bit of a raw deal once Larsson arrived and I don't think it's any concidence that his best run of fitness has coincided with Fergie showing some faith in him.

I'm not sure why this is - maybe it's because he doesn't have the bottle to fight? Who knows, but it certainly seems to be the case that if he's playing regularly then he seems ok.

I'm not saying he won't get injured, but to assume he will be out long term at some stage is needlessly negative. Let's at least wait until he does. He's only just come back, let's be positive.

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I'm not saying he won't get injured, but to assume he will be out long term at some stage is needlessly negative. Let's at least wait until he does. He's only just come back, let's be positive.

Fair enough, but the thing is I remember us saying the same thing last year..& sure enough the long-term injury appeared.

I understand your point about Larsson, but what are the Club supposed to do?..not play a striker during Saha's many lay-offs?..keep him sweet & make him feel wanted by playing nobody upfront.

Saha needs to play a few games when he's carrying a knock. 'Take one for the team' as it were..other players in the squad do it.
He's a decent player, but he's criminally unreliable.

I don't know what it is but we seem incapable of keeping our 'first eleven' fit these days.

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:42 PM
violater

Quote:
Fair enough, but the thing is I remember us saying the same thing last year..& sure enough the long-term injury appeared.

I understand your point about Larsson, but what are the Club supposed to do?..not play a striker during Saha's many lay-offs?..keep him sweet & make him feel wanted by playing nobody upfront.

Saha needs to play a few games when he's carrying a knock. 'Take one for the team' as it were..other players in the squad do it.

I don't know what it is but we seem incapable of keeping our 'first eleven' fit these days.
hardly any professional footballers can play a half(let alone a game) after taking a "knock".

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

Fundamentally, I agree.

I don't want to get into a whole thing with you here and ofcourse I'm certainly not denying that Saha is very injured!

We need a contingency plan for when he's not there and hopefully we have the cover once everyone is fit. But now that he's back - for however long - we should reap the benefits and deal with any injuries if/as they happen.

Oh, and yes - we will be so much better once Ronnie, Rooney and Neville return.

I really think we're on the way up from here.

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
violater

Quote:

absolute %@#$&!s.

people were saying the same sort of things about nani after seeing 15 minutes in the u21 tournament over the summer.

anderson is better in his position than nani is in his.

did you watch arsenal v porto last season ?

Unread 05-09-2007, 02:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
did you watch arsenal v porto last season ?

No.

I'm sure he is a good player, but (cliche' alert) he is one for the future.
I take it he played well against Arsenal?...but one game is no way to judge a player in either a negative or positive way.
Let's just wait & see how he settles in when the season get's going.

I'm purely going on what I've seen so far (including Copa America, pre-season, first half Saturday)
He looks quite a way off for me.

re; Saha?
Well, when I say 'carrying a knock' I don't mean he should take to the field with his leg hanging off, but I think he could get on the pitch far more than he does.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:09 PM
violater

Quote:
No.

I'm sure he is a good player, but (cliche' alert) he is one for the future.
I take it he played well against Arsenal?...but one game is no way to judge a player in either a negative or positive way.
Let's just wait & see how he settles in when the season get's going.

I'm purely going on what I've seen so far (including Copa America, pre-season, first half Saturday)
He looks quite a way off for me.

re; Saha?
Well, when I say 'carrying a knock' I don't mean he should take to the field with his leg hanging off, but I think he could get on the pitch far more than he does.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...392002,00.html
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...389884,00.html
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...675104,00.html

a player like walcott is a player for the future not a player who goes to the emirates and practically runs arsenal ragged..(someone our midfielders failed to do against arsenal on two occasions last season....)

you have to remember he hasnt has a pre season and was playing out of position. funny how you can take this into consideration but when your favourite player had a bad/adverse game lasts eason it was two things you would often use to defend him.

you talk about the pre season...
he played a half in which he was easily the best player on the pitch and in copa america looked very lively everytime he came on...

ill bttt this thread and at the same time btt your contribution to the official match thread around january time.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I'm sorry but what exactly do those links prove about his readiness to command a first team place?

And from what I saw of the Copa American he played one half where he was alright and perhaps made one substitute appearance?

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:19 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I'm sorry but what exactly do those links prove about his readiness to command a first team place?

And from what I saw of the Copa American he played one half where he was alright and perhaps made one substitute appearance?

the fact that isnt some untried teenager we uncovered.

you dont commit to paying upto 17m on a player who might be good.
you dont get the interest from the big clubs if a player isnt "that good".

stick to talking about pub chips and stolen jumpers.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Gazw649

%@#$&!. he's shit. end of.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:25 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
%@#$&!. he's shit. end of.
shit after one half against sunderland?

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

I'm definitely pro Anderson but sorry Vio, you're talking him up and by proxy talking a little bit of %@#$&!s.

He hit the post against Arsenal and made a few powerful runs, nothing more, he really didn't stand out in a terrible 0-0 game. If you're talking about the other fixture then I'd be interested in how you thought he played and what he did to impress you so.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
ill bttt this thread and at the same time btt your contribution to the official match thread around january time.
Fine.
Not sure what you mean by the 'official match thread in January' but none of us know who's going to be playing well come January.

Why are you so annoyed that Rooney's my favourite player?!
You always pull me up on it!
Anyone would think I was flogging a dead horse.

The trouble with new players is you're bound to comment on them straight away. An element of knee-jerk is bound to come into it.

Anderson - 45 minutes of football. Looked pretty quiet. Needs time to get fit & adapt.

Nani - Pretty impressive. Always positive. Scored a good goal.

Hargreaves - Very good. Confidence & drive. Great buy.

Tevez - Dissapointing. Doesn't look a goal threat as yet & looks pretty low on confidence & fitness. Expected him to start better than he has, but I'm certain it's only a matter of time before he get's going.

Of course, Vidic & Evra are a recent lesson to all of us not to judge new players straight away.
Evra has been our best player at the start of this season imo.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
the fact that isnt some untried teenager we uncovered.

you dont commit to paying upto 17m on a player who might be good.
you dont get the interest from the big clubs if a player isnt "that good".

stick to talking about pub chips and stolen jumpers.
Who said that he isn't going to be good? We're talking about giving him time perhaps the season to settle.

You should try and read things over before you rush a response. Take your time. I'm sure we can wait for another dear diary input from your holiday in Atlanta you spent in front of a p.c.

Unread 05-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I'm definitely pro Anderson but sorry Vio, you're talking him up and by proxy talking a little bit of %@#$&!s.

He hit the post against Arsenal and made a few powerful runs, nothing more, he really didn't stand out in a terrible 0-0 game. If you're talking about the other fixture then I'd be interested in how you thought he played and what he did to impress you so.
By proxy. Exactly.
Closed Thread