United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Betty's Hotpot

Default If we sign tevez, will the glazers start being respected?

70 million on players is a fantastic amount and shows that they are putting their (well our) money where their mouth is. But is it enough to please you?

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:29 AM
believe

yes, betts, yes it will.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Crumps

Only an idiot would given them respect atm. I may think about giving them respect when the debt is paid in full and we see a reduction in ticket prices.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
Only an idiot would given them respect atm. I may think about giving them respect when the debt is paid in full and we see a reduction in ticket prices.
but they've spend £70 million of their (well our) money. If a knighthood for Malc doesn't come soon I am chaining myself to the gates outside Buckingham Palace.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:31 AM
El Calafate

hell no! nft.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Is the club still £700 million more in debt than it was pre-Glazer?

£70 million is a lot, though when you consider our net spend over the previous 2 years was zero, it actually works out at less than £25 million a summer, which is what the PLC consistently spent.

So do I respect the Glazers for spending the same as the PLC whilst adding £700 million debt to the club, I'd have to say no.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
but they've spend £70 million of their (well our) money. If a knighthood for Malc doesn't come soon I am chaining myself to the gates outside Buckingham Palace.
Porto, Sporting and Bayern are going to go ape shit when these cheques bounce. Will we have to give the players back or is the contract binding?

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:35 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Is the club still £700 million more in debt than it was pre-Glazer?

£70 million is a lot, though when you consider our net spend over the previous 2 years was zero, it actually works out at less than £25 million a summer, which is what the PLC consistently spent.

So do I respect the Glazers for spending the same as the PLC whilst adding £700 million debt to the club, I'd have to say no.
What he said

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:36 AM
carlosartorial

'They' haven't spent anything like 70 mill this summer, nor will 'they'. Just like 'they' never spend any of their own cash to buy United. 'We' meanwhile, have only laid out 8 mill apiece on Nani and Anderson up front - the rest is dependent on blah, blah, blah...(with the politics involved it suits that United are seen to be paying big bucks on this occasion.)

I don't think the Glazers will ever enjoy widespread respect, I think thats pretty obvious don't you?

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:38 AM
elephantstone

this is another bettys windup, even someone as intellectually challenged as him realises that they have no respect whats so ever amongst reds.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:39 AM
puressence

i fully respect them ..

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:40 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i fully respect them ..
you would.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
i fully respect them ..
More than you do Ferie at least.

Fatty Boomalang

Is it enough to please you Betty ?

That's the question on everyone's lips this morning.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:42 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
More than you do Ferie at least.
if there good enough for fergie there good enough for me

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
if there good enough for fergie there good enough for me
Nonsense, you hate Ferie, surely that means you hate the Glazers? I sense a whiff of hypocrisy.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Newton Heath

Antonin

You are right my cottage burning friend.

Given the ages of Neville, Scholesy, Ole, Giggs etc money had to be spent.

The only thing is it appears to have been spent wisely, well hers hoping.

And no they are still cancerous @#%&!s

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:48 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
'They' haven't spent anything like 70 mill this summer, nor will 'they'. Just like 'they' never spend any of their own cash to buy United. 'We' meanwhile, have only laid out 8 mill apiece on Nani and Anderson up front - the rest is dependent on blah, blah, blah...(with the politics involved it suits that United are seen to be paying big bucks on this occasion.)

I don't think the Glazers will ever enjoy widespread respect, I think thats pretty obvious don't you?
if win the league and ecl then the fees for all players involved will be £70m

most deals have such clauses and it doesnt stop the clubs from claiming to have spent the biggest amount.

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
puressence

ferie out

Unread 05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
elephantstone

bettys is making a few quid of the back of the glazers with his coach trips
Closed Thread