United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-05-2024, 02:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
Why are you like this?
Like what pal? Bit weird though innit that everyone thought they were good signings when we signed them but now think it’s the clubs fault for buying shit players

Unread 01-05-2024, 02:50 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Just picked three
can we have some names to these quotes for purposes of cheap thrills

Unread 01-05-2024, 02:52 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Why are you like this?
Daddy issues etc

Unread 01-05-2024, 02:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Not my style pal

Unread 01-05-2024, 03:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Any of them could be me tbh. I thought Pogba was going to be world class. Di Maria too.

Saying that, I'm not paid millions to make sure these shit @#%&!s will perform/work.

Unread 01-05-2024, 04:03 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
I thought Pogba was going to be world class.
Sage.

Unread 01-05-2024, 04:33 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Why are you like this?
Because he's an oddball who likes to try and show opinions up as hypocrisy, failing to realise that opinions change based on evidence.

Heaven forbid we as fans get excited by a new signing £#%&!ing hell, it's almost like we put trust in the scouts, the manager, and the club as a whole to do their due diligence on players. But yeah obviously we're massive hypocrites when the signing turns out to be completely unsuitable and inappropriate and then call it a shit signing because of a glaring issue the club should have picked up on.

I specifically remember getting pretty excited about Di Maria. Was brilliant for Madrid, Ronaldo was gutted that he was leaving, big money signing. But according to Bellers I should have known in advance he was going to turn out to be a @#%&! who's wife hated manchester, and should have called it a shit signing in advance.

Noted for if we sign Mbappe, just in case it turns out he's no good in the rain i'll be sure to call him shite when he signs. Hopefully then i'll avoid the nonce behaviour of getting multi quoted every 5 minutes.

Unread 01-05-2024, 04:39 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Because he's an oddball who likes to try and show opinions up as hypocrisy, failing to realise that opinions change based on evidence.

Heaven forbid we as fans get excited by a new signing £#%&!ing hell, it's almost like we put trust in the scouts, the manager, and the club as a whole to do their due diligence on players. But yeah obviously we're massive hypocrites when the signing turns out to be completely unsuitable and inappropriate and then call it a shit signing because of a glaring issue the club should have picked up on.

I specifically remember getting pretty excited about Di Maria. Was brilliant for Madrid, Ronaldo was gutted that he was leaving, big money signing. But according to Bellers I should have known in advance he was going to turn out to be a @#%&! who's wife hated manchester, and should have called it a shit signing in advance.

Noted for if we sign Mbappe, just in case it turns out he's no good in the rain i'll be sure to call him shite when he signs. Hopefully then i'll avoid the nonce behaviour of getting multi quoted every 5 minutes.
Not like you to get all hysterical and miss the point completely.

As you said we’ve made lots of good signings who haven’t worked out. How is that the club making shit signings? It’s just another lazy narrative to deflect away from the piss poor management we’ve had to endure. “Ooh ten hags had to deal with ten years of shit signings!!” What you mean the players we all wanted to sign?

Unread 01-05-2024, 04:41 PM
jem

heard we're taking a good look at the salford torso.

wouldn't be surprised if he signs and turns out to have some kind of chest infection.

Unread 01-05-2024, 04:51 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
heard we're taking a good look at the salford torso.

wouldn't be surprised if he signs and turns out to have some kind of chest infection.
The way our injury luck goes, he’d probably spend most of the season out with a hamstring injury.

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Like what pal? Bit weird though innit that everyone thought they were good signings when we signed them but now think it’s the clubs fault for buying shit players
Fans are allowed to get excited behind new signings. It’s called being part of supporting your club. Wanting new players to come in and do well.

The structure of the club is allowed to be held accountable seeing as they are literally paid to find players who are good and improve the team.

Whether everyone thinks they are good signings has no baring on professionals being paid to make sure those signings are good.

Having a go at fans for getting behind new signings

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:05 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Fans are allowed to get excited behind new signings. It’s called being part of supporting your club. Wanting new players to come in and do well.

The structure of the club is allowed to be held accountable seeing as they are literally paid to find players who are good and improve the team.

Whether everyone thinks they are good signings has no baring on professionals being paid to make sure those signings are good.

Another one who doesn’t read anything properly.

Post - 10 years of shit signings
Me - most have our signings have been good
The usual clowns - you’re full of shit bellers most of our signings have been good

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Not like you to get all hysterical and miss the point completely.

As you said we’ve made lots of good signings who haven’t worked out. How is that the club making shit signings? It’s just another lazy narrative to deflect away from the piss poor management we’ve had to endure. “Ooh ten hags had to deal with ten years of shit signings!!” What you mean the players we all wanted to sign?
Well, some of them. Pogba, Di Maria, maybe Sanchez, I thought yes, that sounds like a good idea and if they'd gone elsewhere I might have been a bit disappointed.

The rest of them I wouldn't say I actually wanted signed. Especially not Fellaini, who should have been elbowing people at Stoke. And Schneiderlin preferred Arsenal.

Surely you can tell the difference between actively wanting a player and giving him a chance once he's arrived? It's not up to us, after all.

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:22 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post

Missing the point though

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Well, some of them. Pogba, Di Maria, maybe Sanchez, I thought yes, that sounds like a good idea and if they'd gone elsewhere I might have been a bit disappointed.

The rest of them I wouldn't say I actually wanted signed. Especially not Fellaini, who should have been elbowing people at Stoke. And Schneiderlin preferred Arsenal.

Surely you can tell the difference between actively wanting a player and giving him a chance once he's arrived? It's not up to us, after all.
Again I’m not sure where I’ve said anything otherwise

Ok let me ask you this. We get Mbappe in the summer, that’s a good signing right? We all agree on that and we’d all be pretty excited yeah?

Ten hags still here, he hates the system and has a shocking year and his wife hates Manchester. He leaves after 12 months.

Is that still regarded as a good signing or is is man united signing shit players?

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post

Yeah, that's about right. Sanchez was superb at the time, Pogba, Di Maria too - don't really remember anyone saying "nah, Di Maria will be absolutely £#%&!". From what we know now, Di Maria never actually wanted to come here but we were the only ones willing to pay. Classic Woodward.

Even with Falcao, I was buzzing because you've seen the guy so you're hoping and positive that he's still got it.

I think Fellaini was an openly despised signing that none of us wanted* - even though he did more for us than most of the "better" shit @#%&! signings.

*I'll wait for Bellers to find a post of mine being really up for signing Fellaini now, of course

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Who are these shit signings we’ve made over ten years?
Quote:
Pogba
Di Maria
Sanchez

For starters..
Quote:
Yeah, that's about right. Sanchez was superb at the time, Pogba, Di Maria too - don't really remember anyone saying "nah, Di Maria will be absolutely £#%&!".
But obviously my point is wrong

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Just picked three
Believe:

Why are you slagging off the titanic for sinking, you were all buzzing when you got on at Southampton.”

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
But obviously my point is wrong
I dont even know what your point is tbh (on this subject), I just replied to the post of shit signings. Some were predictably shit, some were surprisingly shit.

It's more indicative of the lack of direction and diligence at the club since post Ferie but I can't blame anyone for getting excited over bringing in a quality or a new player. As has been said, it's not our fault how they've performed when they've actually got on the field.

Unread 01-05-2024, 05:43 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
The way our injury luck goes, he’d probably spend most of the season out with a hamstring injury.