United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Let's be honest.

I'd rather come 3rd with a J@&%!j, Powell, Cleverley, Welbeck, Evans and Lindgaard (sp?) all playing than 2nd with a Johnny Come Lately/Juan Pablo Arrivo con Mucho Siesta/Hans Kommt Spaet/Jean Arrive Tardy.

We're United. We transcend fashions/periods like the Club we are. Glazer, Woowar, Mister Potato and Apollo Tyres (the best Tyre solution providers in India IMHO) are all her today gone tomorrow. We are the Club. We are what makes it great and let's get behind our team, support the youngsters and let's give our rivals a bloody smack on the nose.

Oh - unless we can still hijack a deal for Scott Parker .That'd be mint.
But Quiggers we will give giggs 40 games and play other defenders and wingers in midfield like with pogba.

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Pudge_Bear

Forget the hyperbole in here, signing nobody this summer would be desperately, desperately disapointing. Obviously we won't sign anyone in January because we don't. £#%&!ing hell. I would be very surprised if we don't sign big Marouane for a hugley inflated fee as some sort of panic move.

The frustration is, we probably have the best goalkeeper in the premier league. We most certainly have the best defenders in the league in all positions. We have one of the best centre forwards in the World, supplemented by some cracking younger strikers and whichever Rooney turns up. Even our wingers have to be more productive than last season. Maybe one, definitely two signings in the middle of the pitch would give us a magnificent squad. There is no obvious need to strengthen any other position on the pitch (apart from left back) for the next two years with any signifcant investment. Go all out for who you think you need until the other team cant say no.

Not sure about Moyes in all this, 'I know where we need to strengthen but we might not buy anyone'. That doesn't make sense to me, though I don't think it is completely his fault.

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:36 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Forget the hyperbole in here, signing nobody this summer would be desperately, desperately disapointing. Obviously we won't sign anyone in January because we don't. £#%&!ing hell. I would be very surprised if we don't sign big Marouane for a hugley inflated fee as some sort of panic move.

The frustration is, we probably have the best goalkeeper in the premier league. We most certainly have the best defenders in the league in all positions. We have one of the best centre forwards in the World, supplemented by some cracking younger strikers and whichever Rooney turns up. Even our wingers have to be more productive than last season. Maybe one, definitely two signings in the middle of the pitch would give us a magnificent squad. There is no obvious need to strengthen any other position on the pitch (apart from left back) for the next two years with any signifcant investment. Go all out for who you think you need until the other team cant say no.

Not sure about Moyes in all this, 'I know where we need to strengthen but we might not buy anyone'. That doesn't make sense to me, though I don't think it is completely his fault.
All spot on, certainly a strange one and glaringly obvious as to what we need. Maybe the "possibly no signings" line is to make us appear less £#%&!ing desperate to clubs we'll be looking at putting bids in to, so they don't bend us over with the price. Dunno. Still think we'll sign someone tbf.

rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Let's be honest.

I'd rather come 3rd with a J@&%!j, Powell, Cleverley, Welbeck, Evans and Lindgaard (sp?) all playing than 2nd with a Johnny Come Lately/Juan Pablo Arrivo con Mucho Siesta/Hans Kommt Spaet/Jean Arrive Tardy.

We're United. We transcend fashions/periods like the Club we are. Glazer, Woowar, Mister Potato and Apollo Tyres (the best Tyre solution providers in India IMHO) are all her today gone tomorrow. We are the Club. We are what makes it great and let's get behind our team, support the youngsters and let's give our rivals a bloody smack on the nose.

Oh - unless we can still hijack a deal for Scott Parker .That'd be mint.
agree about giving youngsters some game time but putting them into a side with a piss poor central midfield is not giving them the best opportunity (unless obviously they are central midfielders), we are not far away, one quality cm would do, then watch adnan, lingard go and express themselves on the pitch.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Moyes on new signings (via manutd.com): "There is no pressure to do it. I have an idea of where I'd like to strengthen. If the right players are available, then great,[SIZE="7"] but there is a possibility nothing may happen."

Redordead

Quote:

Well said,however no signings is his fault. More likely he is taking the transfer line he should have had when he was appearing on this morning talking about all the transfers he wanted. No club selling to us will buy this line now IMHO.

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:37 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Well said,however no signings is his fault. More likely he is taking the transfer line he should have had when he was appearing on this morning talking about all the transfers he wanted. No club selling to us will buy this line now IMHO.
Huh?

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:38 PM
The Watcher

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Moyes on new signings (via manutd.com): "There is no pressure to do it. I have an idea of where I'd like to strengthen. If the right players are available, then great,[SIZE="7"] but there is a possibility nothing may happen."

"Hello Darkness, you midnight mother£#%&!er."

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Huh?
If we make no signings it is moyes fault/ responsibility

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:39 PM
GeorgeWickstaff

I enjoyed reading most of this post.

Good to see some of you! , I had no idea this place existed.

ZiggyStardust

It's not a surprise

Moyes is not used to operating at this level so is going for obviously top class players with Premier League experience like Fabregas or players he knows like Fellaini

We should have a Sporting Director who has a great knowledge and contacts in the transfer market
Moyes gives him the criteria of the players he wants and then the Sporting Director goes out and gets them

Leaving it all to Moyes is going to see us operating at a disadvantage compared to Europe's top clubs

silv

Thumbs up

Quote:

absolutely spot on

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
"Hello Darkness, you midnight mother£#%&!er."
"They should've never gave you niggas money"

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:40 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
If we make no signings it is moyes fault/ responsibility
What the £#%&! are you rambling on about?

So is it Moyes fault we haven't agreed a fee for Baines/Fellaini? or Fabregas?

Moyes identifies the players he would like, the suits make the deals happen.

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:42 PM
utd99

What do you want him to say, "Yeah, we're £#%&!ing desperate"? That'll help with negotiations.

dunk

No comment.

The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"They should've never gave you niggas money"

Unread 23-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
No comment.
Just don't post if you have 'no comment' to make. :shakehead:

Redordead

Quote:

Manager takes responsibility for signings absolutely ? If we can't afford those players then look elsewhere ? How is this a difficult concept? He's had months to look and must have a budget idea ? There are only a few clubs in the world who pay more wages than us.

dragflick

Quote:

New to redordead pal?

You're right, by the way. Not that you didn't know that anyway, but still.
Closed Thread