United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Redordead

Default ITK Re Ronaldo

Just heard from someone close to the financial side of United, (whom I believe) that said a few things yesterday:

Titanic me etc no idea where to read or post theses days without warnings etc

Apparently the culture has really changed on the sales side under Joel Glazier, hence Gill and two other senior bods leaving.

The Fergie retiring thing was leaked via Altrincham Golf club and was not supposed to be done until later after Fergie trying to resign Ronaldo as his swan song.

Gill was in Madrid trying to sign Ronaldo and as of yesterday there was a lot of activity going on at united.

Those who know fergie well are less surprised as his health is not as good as the United spin make out.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Fountz

Altrincham Golf Club !!! ...£#%&!in' ell, could've at least been a decent course like Mere.. :shakehead:

Cheers Deaderers.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Just heard from someone close to the financial side of United, (whom I believe) that said a few things yesterday:

Apparently the culture has really changed on the sales side under Joel Glazier, hence Gill and two other senior bods leaving.

The Fergie retiring thing was leaked via Altrincham Golf club and was not supposed to be done until later after Fergie trying to resign Ronaldo as his swan song.

Gill was in Madrid trying to sign Ronaldo and as of yesterday there was a lot of activity going on at united.

Those who know fergie well are less surprised as his health is not as good as the United spin make out.

He's an auld fella in a high-stress job, wouldn't surprise me if his health was suffering.

But how long has Joel been in power? Why are people only starting to jack it in now?

Interesting nonetheless.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:30 AM
saffers

The Ronnie fanboys must be relieved Mou didn't get the job, Ronnie hates him, absolutely hates him. Mou blamed Madrid's woes on them being 'sad'. Direct shot at Ronnie. Pretty ungrateful given they'd be a nothing team without him.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:31 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Altincham Golf Club? That shit municipal with the dring range made from sheds?

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:34 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

That's my biggest concern, really hope he's okay and the shit @#%&!s this season haven't made any serious damage.

As for Mendes. Surely the meeting was about Nani/Anderson's future at the club and any developments on potential buyers. United want Ronaldo there's no question about that but following Fergie's announcement this week I honestly don't think he'd come back under another manager he was that close to him.

Wherever it's Ronnie or not, we need a big signing this summer.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Redordead

Re Altrincham, the implication was someone who plays there from the club let slip ie not a player or high up types.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...per-agent.html

Was deffo before this was on the mail site that I heard this FYI.(just checked, the update that is not the original article)

Though sure Ronaldo has just comeout and said he is staying?? Didnt know him and Jose were not friends......in fact though the opposite since Madrid

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Lok

When the Fergie news broke I was told it was Moyes, we were making a "very big signing" and that Rooney was leaving.

I'd presumed the signing was Bale but I'd be £#%&!ing chuffed if it was Ronaldo.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:39 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Re Altrincham, the implication was someone who plays there from the club let slip ie not a player or high up types.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...per-agent.html

Was deffo before this was on the mail site that I heard this FYI.(just checked, the update that is not the original article)

Though sure Ronaldo has just comeout and said he is staying?? Didnt know him and Jose were not friends......in fact though the opposite since Madrid
But Fergie's own brother didn't know,

I honestly don't think any of the "high up's" knew about his departure. Maybe the Rooney sage (Part 2) made up the decision for him, to see a player who he believed in until the original request and then come back to him again about leaving made up his mind?

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:40 AM
red @rmy

Might be the same financial contact who told me about LARD.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

I honestly don't think any of the "high up's" knew about his departure. Maybe the Rooney sage (Part 2) made up the decision for him, to see a player who he believed in until the original request and then come back to him again about leaving made up his mind?
It was leaked from somewhere, and I would be surprised if his brother didnt know. The general feeling i get is before christmas Fergie had no intention of retiring, yet decided at some point after.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Might be the same financial contact who told me about LARD.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Lok

Fergie confirmed his decision in December but only a few at the club were told about it.

It wasn't leaked until the players were told.

motwyw.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:44 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
It was leaked from somewhere, and I would be surprised if his brother didnt know. The general feeling i get is before christmas Fergie had no intention of retiring, yet decided at some point after.
Sunday's programme he said that he wanted to continue as he thought this team was on to something special.

I honestly don't think he was going to retire this summer, the idea was to try and get Ronaldo back and get that European Cup for him to leave with.

Something has changed in the last week which has come to the decision of a new manager.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Fergie confirmed his decision in December but only a few at the club were told about it.

motwyw.
Sounds about right.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Redordead

I think he was thinking about it now or very soon, with the reaction to the loss at Madrid, the signing of RVP etc

His health has obviously forced his hand too.

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:48 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

motwyw.
If true then Rooney has made another big time £#%&! up hasn't he?

He and Fergie have had a fall out and are said to be on bad terms. He requests to leave, and then two weeks later the manager announces his retirement?

Unread 10-05-2013, 09:49 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Sunday's programme he said that he wanted to continue as he thought this team was on to something special.

I honestly don't think he was going to retire this summer, the idea was to try and get Ronaldo back and get that European Cup for him to leave with.

Something has changed in the last week which has come to the decision of a new manager.
Wrong.

silv

Quote:
If true then Rooney has made another big time £#%&! up hasn't he?

He and Fergie have had a fall out and are said to be on bad terms. He requests to leave, and then two weeks later the manager announces his retirement?
Rooney doesn't give a flying £#%&! about the club anymore.

AS long as he is well paid and within a chance of winning trophies he doesn't care.

And tbf in a team with Robben and Ribery he is in with a chance of being the least ugly @#%&! for once.

user_name

Quote:

Perhaps once it was clear that he couldn't resign CR he decided he was done.

Remember when RVP was going to switch to the 9 shirt then suddenly didn't?

Closed Thread