United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:22 PM
rafabio

Default Re: Our youth players

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
From what I've seen he's a hell of an athlete and fast as £#%&! but looks a bit clumsy on the bal. Fair?
clumsy? If anything I thought he looked more skillful and cool as £#%&! on one on ones IMO.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Already half a dozen have been mentioned - this is my point, you get this every season and the rossis brandies ebanks-blakes cambells are binned off.

So to win a million quid which player would you back?
I said Pogba, are you £#%&!ing deaf?

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:23 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Already half a dozen have been mentioned - this is my point, you get this every season and the rossis brandies ebanks-blakes cambells are binned off.

So to win a million quid which player would you back?
If you are asking me who would I put my house on, then it has got to be Pogba.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Redordead

Will he play in the firsts this season? Whats his favoured position?

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:26 PM
rafabio

Quote:
mate, I honestly think you should do a research on our team and academy.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Redordead

I like a bit of conversation, one could always google, binned off MUTV and seem to hear loads of names of possible players coming through - youtube shows them all as the next messi - so went for informed opinions off uniteds finest - Fredsters.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I like a bit of conversation, one could always google, binned off MUTV and seem to hear loads of names of possible players coming through - youtube shows them all as the next messi - so went for informed opinions off uniteds finest - Fredsters.
Pogba.

You may as well close the thread if you want someone who is as good as guaranteed.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
He might play in a Carling Cup game I s'pose but I suspect not. Midfield.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
In the last 5 years the Youth system has undergone a major overhaul, as has the scouting system and the way we were bringing players in. Pique and Rossi were the beginning of it, and just happened to come through at a time when we were chock full of quality players and subsequently moved on. We are about to start seeing the graduates and fruits of the last 5 years of hard work and stealing other clubs young players. So the situation is a bit different, we also are in a position where these players are being shown/told that the future of the club is theirs, if they want it, as we aren't clogging the team and squad with massed ranks of signings to 'do a job'.

This is the best crop we have had since '92, and hopefully a good portion of them will make it through, and the one's that don't will make us money.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In the last 5 years the Youth system has undergone a major overhaul, as has the scouting system and the way we were bringing players in. Pique and Rossi were the beginning of it, and just happened to come through at a time when we were choke full of quality players and subsequently moved on. We are about to start seeing the graduates and fruits of the last 5 years of hard work and stealing other clubs young players. So the situation is a bit different, we also are in a position where these players are being shown/told that the future of the club is theirs, if they want it, as we aren't clogging the team and squad with massed ranks of signings to 'do a job'.

This is the best crop we have had since '92, and hopefully a good portion of them will make it through, and the one's that don't will make us money.
Think Meulensteen has been at the centre of this revamp hasn't he?

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah, very highly rated coach of young players. I think that Mcguiness chap has been involved too. And I'm not sure of dates and time lines, but I imagine Fracesco Filho had a fair bit of input in the early stages.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He was a skills coach. Not sure what he has to do with signing players from abroad though.

The major difference with the local lads is that they have been with the club from the ages of 8 and 9 years old. I believe Welbeck was the first to make it into the first team since they had started doing it. Paul McGuinness touched on this when he gave Welbeck an award the other season.

Unread 14-07-2010, 12:57 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In the last 5 years the Youth system has undergone a major overhaul, as has the scouting system and the way we were bringing players in. Pique and Rossi were the beginning of it, and just happened to come through at a time when we were chock full of quality players and subsequently moved on. We are about to start seeing the graduates and fruits of the last 5 years of hard work and stealing other clubs young players. So the situation is a bit different, we also are in a position where these players are being shown/told that the future of the club is theirs, if they want it, as we aren't clogging the team and squad with massed ranks of signings to 'do a job'.

for me its the bright spot of the current ownership, we may not have a choice but to give a lot of these kids a chance.

Unread 14-07-2010, 01:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
for me its the bright spot of the current ownership, we may not have a choice but to give a lot of these kids a chance.
Which is how it should be for all clubs. Every team in the country should be encouraged and forced where necessary to invest in their academy's and concentrate, primarily, on the production of home grown talent. For the good of each individual club, the sport in general and the national team.

Football would be far more interesting if the clubs with the best youth products are challenging at the top rather than just those with the most money.

It would be a lot harder to begrudge the likes of the dippers, citeh or chelsea success, if they were doing it with a team made up of players they had produced themselves, imo.
Closed Thread