United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Sullingtons

Default Re: Real Madrid plan to make a stunning £90m bid for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney

Rooney is a United player until he and the manager says otherwise.

That's about the jist of it.

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:18 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Re: Real Madrid plan to make a stunning £90m bid for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Day-glo Pink all year round
They'd nickname him lobsterman

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons

Talking of which, SAF said this morning that Rooney will be here next season - no ifs, no buts, no get out clauses.

Oh and leg saf - you are NOT objective, you spout wumming shite. There *is* a difference, you know

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Its a privilege to support United, i'm not depressed. I just speak objectively.

I wouldn't take a defeat too hard tomorrow, its been coming all season. We can't have the usual high expectations until we're rid of the Yank leeches.
this post doesn't actually make any sense

for a start off, you say you "just speak objectively". you follow this up immediately by doing precisely the opposite. defeat tomorrow has not "been coming all season". in reality, United have already beaten the Liars twice in 3 games this season, with the Rafael penalty decision in the one we 'lost', speaking completely objectively you understand, being a complete and utter £#%&!ing joke. in fact even those £#%&!ing vermin scum would've been embarrassed if George £#%&!ing Courteney himself had given them that one at the Kop end ffs.

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:23 PM
caliban

i actually think he'd personally be more tempted if it were Barca tabling a huge bid.

i think Wayne knows that Madrid are a joke.

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:29 PM
borsuk

leg saf's cluelessness is matched only by his hatred of local (manc/english) players.

Unread 16-04-2010, 01:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons

This.

And if Wazza hasn't seen what a £#%&!ing circus Madrid is/are just by seeing them this season alone, then he's mental.He won't go there unless we force him out.

And where's Platini with his outbursts about teams spending too much cash? @#%&!.

Unread 16-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Talking of which, SAF said this morning that Rooney will be here next season - no ifs, no buts, no get out clauses.

Oh and leg saf - you are NOT objective, you spout wumming shite. There *is* a difference, you know
Whilst I don't think he will go, Ferguson said exactly the same about Ronaldo this time last year

Unread 16-04-2010, 01:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Whilst I don't think he will go, Ferguson said exactly the same about Ronaldo this time last year
Um, no he didn't, I think you will find.

During the 2007/8 season, when many on here and elsewhere were convinced he was going that summer, maybe.......

He was right, too

Unread 16-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Spiffy

When Rooney was growing up, the best team in England was United. Just as Real Madrid were the team Ronaldo used to watch, with Rooney it's United.

If you already have more money than you can spend and know that you'll always get to play in the biggest games ie Champions League then why, with a young family would he want to go to Spain? All his family are here, more importantly, all Colleen's family are here. Moving to Spain would be a pain in the arse for Rooney and I don't reckon him or Colleen would be up for it.

He may even listen to what Beckham said. "Don't leave Man United" Coming from someone who left us for Real Madrid.

Now £#%&! off.

Unread 16-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Um, no he didn't, I think you will find.

During the 2007/8 season, when many on here and elsewhere were convinced he was going that summer, maybe.......

He was right, too
He did. About this time last year. Ronnie and SAF at a press conference and someone asked about Real. SAF laughed and Ronaldo said "not this again, I'm at the right club" SAF deffo said he wasn't going. Just as he did with Veron and Ruud.

There are arguments to be had that denying it was in the best interests of United but as such, you have to take any denials with a pinch of salt.

Unread 16-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

ronaldo left for a number of reasons, a major one being it's a lot closer to home. rooney is 40mins away from all his friends and family.

and as someone pointed out he'd burn to a crisp out there

rooney is as english as they come, i genuinely don't think he'd move abroad no matter what, and in this country everything after us is a step down

Unread 16-04-2010, 02:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
He did. About this time last year. Ronnie and SAF at a press conference and someone asked about Real. SAF laughed and Ronaldo said "not this again, I'm at the right club" SAF deffo said he wasn't going. Just as he did with Veron and Ruud.

There are arguments to be had that denying it was in the best interests of United but as such, you have to take any denials with a pinch of salt.
The things that were said were stuff like "Ronaldo is not for sale" or "our position has not changed since last summer".........

Non-denial denials, in other words.

At *no* point can I recall SAF, Gill or anybody else saying bluntly "Ronaldo will still be here next (ie this) season" - as Fergie has just done with Rooney. I am always happy to be corrected on this (or indeed any other) matter, of course

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
The things that were said were stuff like "Ronaldo is not for sale" or "our position has not changed since last summer".........

Non-denial denials, in other words.

At *no* point can I recall SAF, Gill or anybody else saying bluntly "Ronaldo will still be here next (ie this) season" - as Fergie has just done with Rooney. I am always happy to be corrected on this (or indeed any other) matter, of course
Does "I wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus" count?

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:06 PM
red in cumbria

Not really imo, though it made me at the time and still does

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Not really imo, though it made me at the time and still does
Yeah I found it funny at the time. I stopped laughing when we sold them one of our best players though.

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
They'd nickname him lobsterman
La langosta, has a nice ring to it.

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Stickman

Id imagine if the Glazers accepted a bid SAF would walk.

And for that reason on its own I doubt very much theyd entertain it. Mind you - if the green and gold kit is a goer then their necks are even brasser than I thought.

This is all before you even get to Rooney however, who is as close to a utd legend already as youre ever going to get after 6 seasons. I dont think he'll ever leave the club personally and it wouldnt be great PR for Madrid to get told where to stick their offer by the player. Thats another factor.

Absolutely no chance of this ever happening imo.

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Zorg

Rooney hasn't got sexy enough abs, sorry guys.

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Yeah I found it funny at the time. I stopped laughing when we sold them one of our best players though.

I'll re offer Tatlock's ton if you want it
Closed Thread