United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Redordead

Default All this talk of a new striker, where will they play?

A benzema villa etc Rooneys understudy?

nani and Valencia have been quality as wingers/433 451.

surley any player for up front would have to be rotated?

Dont see a big signing wanting that.

a big signing would be more likely for Midfield ?

Thoughts.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Stubbsy

Default Re: All this talk of a new striker, where will they play?

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Yeah, so we just stick with Rooney and then when Rooney gets injured/is tired, we're £#%&!ed?

If we signed a top class out and out striker it would take pressure off Rooney and he could be rested more. We could also play 2 strikers at times.

If we signed a quality midfielder and striker we could play 4-4-2 and go to hard away games confident we could win. That would also give us the option of reverting to a 4-3-3 with Rooney dropping to the left.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Lok

We wont see a striker. We'll get an attacking midfielder (who plays in the middle) and a goalkeeper.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah, so we just stick with Rooney and then when Rooney gets injured/is tired, we're £#%&!ed?

If we signed a top class out and out striker it would take pressure off Rooney and he could be rested more. We could also play 2 strikers at times.

If we signed a quality midfielder and striker we could play 4-4-2 and go to hard away games confident we could win. That would also give us the option of reverting to a 4-3-3 with Rooney dropping to the left.
I dont disagree, doubt a top signing would though. Personally would like macca to be given a go keep owen and spend on a couple of midfielders.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
I dont disagree, doubt a top signing would though. Personally would like macca to be given a go keep owen and spend on a couple of midfielders.
We'd probably get him cheap. He's not doing much since Setanta went bust. Could link up well with Owen.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
Dont see a big signing wanting that.
Neither can I.

I highly doubt United will sign a forward at all this summer in any scenario, including one where Berbs is sold and Rooney is knackered from running himself into the ground for a solid year.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Ginners

i think we need to sign an up and coming young striker who is potentially very good and wont mind sitting on the bench a lot.

seen alot of andy carroll this season at newcastle and hes look very good, big strong striker, good in the air, eye for a goal. talk of him as an outside chance of going to the world cup. shouldnt cost more than 8-10m or possibly swap for carrick

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i think we need to sign an up and coming young striker who is potentially very good and wont mind sitting on the bench a lot.

seen alot of andy carroll this season at newcastle and hes look very good, big strong striker, good in the air, eye for a goal. talk of him as an outside chance of going to the world cup. shouldnt cost more than 8-10m or possibly swap for carrick
Shit hair tbh mate

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
Shit hair tbh mate
i quite like it

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:23 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:

He's absolute shite. We'd be better off with Jackie Milburn.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Lok

Quote:

Carroll has had quite a few problems off the pitch. It's a massive step up from the championship. Many players have filled there boots in that league and done £#%&! all when promoted. You only have to look at the likes of Ebanks-Blake, Nugent and Chopra to know it's not worth the risk.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:24 PM
believe

has anyone said up front yet?

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM
24hr Leavesey

This isn't the Fred I used to know.

A shout for Andy £#%&!ing Caroll ffs

I'd rather we get Jan Åge Fjørtoft.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:31 PM
snifter

Quote:
Hmmm, someone like Macheda ?

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Andy Carroll ffs

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Andy Carroll ffs
i bet you dont even know who he is

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He wont cut it in the premiership. Got Newcastle promoted on FM 2010 and Anichebe kept him out of the side for long periods. Just not good enough. Aaron Spear from the U-18s has a bit of talent though.
poor management on your part possibly?

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:42 PM
dunk

James Milner and Andy Carroll

The dream ticket.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
poor management on your part possibly?
Not really, Bernard Tapie took over as chairman and felt an offer of £3.3m for Steven Taylor was too good to turn down. Then the fans felt that me selling Taylor was a poor piece of judgement on my part

Managed to keep them up on the last day two seasons running, now pushing for a european place.
Closed Thread